Resident Evil Outbreak PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 31, 2004
8.3

1. EmilyC.
    Feb 20, 2005
    It is because the game has so many good graphics that makes it interesting.
  2. Aug 11, 2010
    Resident Evil fans such as myself will love Outbreak. The CGI graphics are amazing, almost PS3 quality. The puzzles are challenging (yay no more puzzles for 2 year olds), the guns have realistic power and you can use melee weapons like the iron pipe. The new virus gauge keeps you on your toes as well. Ok the AI characters will not stop talking, but other than that, the game is brilliant!
  3. NathanD.
    Feb 8, 2004
    Playing as a zombie can be good, but it could also be a pain. The only bad part is it's hard to control and you can only be a zombie for 3 to 5 minutes,then your game ends.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    great game! I love this game and i hope that the game gets a third. PLEASE fans, sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html we need 10000 and have 9000!
  5. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop wasBest game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop was wounded, etc.) Expand
  6. JinF.
    Mar 19, 2004
    I've played this game on japanese version. It's FUN, GRAPHICS can be matched to GameCube, also Don't need to pay monthly fee on US version. BUT, there is a serious problem! LOADING....... Each Loading takes over 10 SECONDS!!!!! If you go next door and get back immediately, you already spent at least 20 SECONDS!!!!! HA! With HDD, it takes 3-4 seconds, BUT WITHOUT HDD, some I've played this game on japanese version. It's FUN, GRAPHICS can be matched to GameCube, also Don't need to pay monthly fee on US version. BUT, there is a serious problem! LOADING....... Each Loading takes over 10 SECONDS!!!!! If you go next door and get back immediately, you already spent at least 20 SECONDS!!!!! HA! With HDD, it takes 3-4 seconds, BUT WITHOUT HDD, some loading takes almost 18 seconds!!! If you want to buy HDD for this game and future HDD games, I suggest DON'T. Online support game 'Monster Hunter (Capcom)' was released in Japan, will come in Fall. The game also support 4players netplay, and NO HDD SUPPORT. NO LONG LOADING. Hey, They can make a great quality game without HDD required! I don't think there is enough HDD support game in future. Expand
  7. DavidM.
    Mar 26, 2004
    I think this one is going to be awesome because you turn into a zombie which i think is cool.
  8. JoeH.
    Apr 2, 2004
    I've played and beat everyone of these games resident evil outbreak is going to kick ass especially if you can defend yourself by punching zombie and hitting them with various other objects gettin it 2 day.
  9. DaveB.
    Apr 5, 2004
    Holy F....!!!!!!!!!!! This game is in-f....in-credible. If u got a PS2 there is no reason not to get it. SO BUY THIS GAME.
  10. AlecM.
    Apr 7, 2004
    This game kicks mega ass u should get it if u have a ps2, no questions asked.
  11. SamS.
    Apr 9, 2004
    This game is good, but if you don't have the network adapter DO NOT BUY IT. If you do try it. It's fun.
  12. Odino
    May 1, 2004
    It's not THAT great, and what's the deal with those losers voting with 10 before the game is out and just comment with "it's GONNA be great" - SHUT UP!
  13. SimonSays
    Mar 1, 2005
    If you like Resident Evil, you will love Outbreak, even though your virtual comrades tend to act a little frustrating at times (vanishing while still holding key items is one of those things I really appreciate about them... :D ) Other than that Outbreak is a well-designed game, featuring improved controls, a FANTASTIC score and great graphics that boast of detail and atmosphere. If you like Resident Evil, you will love Outbreak, even though your virtual comrades tend to act a little frustrating at times (vanishing while still holding key items is one of those things I really appreciate about them... :D ) Other than that Outbreak is a well-designed game, featuring improved controls, a FANTASTIC score and great graphics that boast of detail and atmosphere. It´s a shame that CapCom removed the on-line feature from the PAL-Version though... :/ (9/10) Collapse
  14. MattS.
    Mar 23, 2004
    I have a friend with the Jap version, it is really good, but what I really wanted to say was PLEASEE!!!!! Don't put reviews on here saying "this game is gonna rock!!" or "I can't wait to play it! It looks great." This isn't a message board, please save it for when the game comes out. The only thing I don't like about this game is that I don't have broadband, so I have a friend with the Jap version, it is really good, but what I really wanted to say was PLEASEE!!!!! Don't put reviews on here saying "this game is gonna rock!!" or "I can't wait to play it! It looks great." This isn't a message board, please save it for when the game comes out. The only thing I don't like about this game is that I don't have broadband, so it's more jealously than a bad point, cause the online play would be fun, I wish I read japanese!! Expand
    Mar 5, 2004
    This game is gonna be so f...... awesome in so many ways. I can't wait till i get it. It features so many things that are just unbelieveable.
  16. DANNYM.
    Apr 26, 2004
    Best game so far this year.
  17. NickB.
    May 8, 2004
    The MOST realistic Resident Evil game yet!!! I encourage any Resident Evil fans to BUY this game.
  18. RaulC.
    Aug 9, 2004
    This is a game that you MUST play onlline, it´s still flawed, and you need the HD to get the whole out of it, but in the end, it is a very nice game, and the addition of the "friendly fire" is literally a blast!
  19. NickS.
    Mar 15, 2004
    this game is so gonna rock....i loved every other resident evil and adding online to this one is so gonna be awesome..i cant wait till the 30th!!
  20. PIRANHAG.
    Mar 21, 2004
    The only bad thing about this game is that when you´re a zombie you´re slow.
  21. RyanA.
    Mar 27, 2004
    I say its going to be cool.
  22. KevinN.
    Apr 24, 2004
    It's great when you use david you can make weapons and use it against the zombies.
  23. StevenS.
    Jul 11, 2004
    This game rocks it kicks major ass.
  24. NickM.
    Apr 25, 2005
    I gave this game a 9 because the puzzles are hard and the worst part is that you can never find any thing and your partners just wont shut up! but it's a good game because it's suspenseful and you never know what is goindg to happen next unless you've beat it before.
  25. Mar 11, 2013
    Let me start this off by saying that the loading times and AI for this game are unforgivable. That being said, let's move onto the good stuff. The atmosphere is excellent, and I really appreciate that it gives us the chance to revisit many iconic locations in Resident Evil history. This game has a lot of replay value due to the fact that all of the characters are so distinct. Lastly, theLet me start this off by saying that the loading times and AI for this game are unforgivable. That being said, let's move onto the good stuff. The atmosphere is excellent, and I really appreciate that it gives us the chance to revisit many iconic locations in Resident Evil history. This game has a lot of replay value due to the fact that all of the characters are so distinct. Lastly, the fact that you can use just about anything as a weapon is a really fun idea. Expand
  26. Mar 24, 2016
    Even better than File #2. A great idea that was premature, had it been released in the PS3 it would have been huge as online is much easier nowadays. I hope Capcom releases a File #3.
  27. May 25, 2014
    Now that fans have brought the servers back online after ten years I decided to go back and play this game again. While the tank controls hold up as well as you expect, the game is still as tense and exciting as it once was. Each character is unique and have their own dialogue and thoughts alongside with individualized playstyles. Kevin starts with a handgun and has a power aim stance,Now that fans have brought the servers back online after ten years I decided to go back and play this game again. While the tank controls hold up as well as you expect, the game is still as tense and exciting as it once was. Each character is unique and have their own dialogue and thoughts alongside with individualized playstyles. Kevin starts with a handgun and has a power aim stance, George starts with nothing weapon wise but has a unique medkit, Alyssa has lockpicks, etc etc.

Each scenario is fairly well thought out and interested, with easter eggs and allusions to RE2 scattered rarely about. Several characters get unique dialogue in specific scenarios and there are several ways to handle each different scenario. Replay value is pretty good, which is important given that there are only a handful of scenarios.

In multiplayer the tension remains (when people aren't spamming ad libs) because death means you're out. There aren't any checkpoints to save you, and if the whole team wipes it's a complete failure. It can even create atmosphere of it's own; I remember one game running up a staircase just in time to watch another player being drug out a window to be finished off by a zombie, their legs dragging out of it slowly. I knew they were gone, and what was left of us had to press on.

The lack of build in voice chat or even text communication would be a pretty significant negative to most, but in today's world I just use mumble like everybody else. Perhaps it would have bothered me a lot more when this game was new, but now it isn't an issue in the least.
  28. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil: Outbreak first released back 2004, Gameplay is Perfect, Story is 100% Better then Crap 4-6, Online is Perfect in everyway.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Story: 8/10
    Total: 8/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  29. Oct 16, 2014
    Resident Evil Outbreak, is a very interesting spin-off from the series, it has a lot of potential, but wow, so lame multiplayer gameplay, single player its awesome, especially in Lone Wolf/Very Hard, most challenging Re for me.
  30. Nov 4, 2014
    The best multiplayer Resident Evil game made to date IMO. I logged so many hours on this game it's not even funny, and it never got boring. I loved playing Decisions, Decisions and with the right people you could do it in just over a half an hour if I remember correctly. I held some records on this game years ago, and I always think about how great this game was, so now that I've beenThe best multiplayer Resident Evil game made to date IMO. I logged so many hours on this game it's not even funny, and it never got boring. I loved playing Decisions, Decisions and with the right people you could do it in just over a half an hour if I remember correctly. I held some records on this game years ago, and I always think about how great this game was, so now that I've been reading it's brought back online, I want to try it. I had a few people that I always played with so we could do maps quickly and we had a blast doing it. I wish they would remake this game for the ps3 so I could play it in HD. You have to try this game, definitely. You won't regret it. Expand

1. The graphics and score are outstanding, but ultimately, the gameplay falls flat with heavy-handed mechanics and tedious goals.
  2. Another major gripe is that there’s a lot of loading. Without a HDD, every door you walk through will require a pretty substantial loading time.
    Outbreak would have been a much, much better game had it had online voice communication. There's simply no excuse for omitting this feature in a game hinges on being able to communicate rapidly between party members.