• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Mar 31, 2004
8.2

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Resident Evil fans such as myself will love Outbreak. The CGI graphics are amazing, almost PS3 quality. The puzzles are challenging (yay no more puzzles for 2 year olds), the guns have realistic power and you can use melee weapons like the iron pipe. The new virus gauge keeps you on your toes as well. Ok the AI characters will not stop talking, but other than that, the game is brilliant!
  2. Apr 4, 2011
    ive been wanting a resident evil game in co op since i played the very first RE game . i was so pained to have to play this game . the online was just ruined with the fact there is NO VOICE CHATT OR EVEN TYPING!!!... WTF!!! its a co op game for christ sake . you kind of need to talk to help solve puzzles , work together , share ammo, decide where to go among many other things a damn mic would help with. i mean if this game supported Voice chatt i could have probubly given it a 8. the offline mode is ok but to short and your AI team mates are morons . they just run off and do there own thing and maybe you will run into them again some where down the road. the puzzles are pretty tricky which you may like or hate . i didnt mind them . the load times are alittle to long you would think with the HDD add on it would help alot but it maybe cuts it down by 25% . since this game is ment for online and with no voice chatt its not a game i can recomend for any one but the hardest RE fan .if you where looking for a cool co op game to play online this sure as hell isnt it. Collapse
  3. Aug 18, 2011
    Outbreak has a very cool opening that impress in all directions to the first few second to the next minutes. After getting grabbed by the overall great cut scene, and getting introduced to the gameplay, It felt nice for some minutes. After 15 minutes everything started to not plug or be interesting, starting with the story, then the "RPG" concept to it, didn't had a nice balance , to boring to repetitive. Also , to start with, this is where the game start to fall in pieces in terms of scary factors the crew responsible from this Outbreak developed more deep that problem in future games, when I say that I mean to RE5 that was just not what is Resident Evil. I wish this outbreak could had been more catastrophic. Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    great game! I love this game and i hope that the game gets a third. PLEASE fans, sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html we need 10000 and have 9000!
  5. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop was wounded, etc.) Expand
  6. Jun 27, 2012
    I can see what they were going for but it doesn't work. This probably takes the cake as one of the most boring survival horror games I've ever played, and it's not a yummy cake. It's a s*** cake.
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    A novel idea that just feel a bit flat in execution. I love the multiple character angle, but I also feel that each weren't really given enough depth and individual development to make you really care.

None the less, it does a decent job as a resident evil game, but at the time of release, the gameplay style was getting very tired and over used.

Visuals are good, atmosphere does the
    job, voice acting a little weak at times, and narrative a little flimsy.

Overall:
    A good idea that just came too late for anyone to really care. The game is decent, but nothing to get excited about. Good for a weekend if you've got nothing better to do.
  8. Mar 11, 2013
    Let me start this off by saying that the loading times and AI for this game are unforgivable. That being said, let's move onto the good stuff. The atmosphere is excellent, and I really appreciate that it gives us the chance to revisit many iconic locations in Resident Evil history. This game has a lot of replay value due to the fact that all of the characters are so distinct. Lastly, the fact that you can use just about anything as a weapon is a really fun idea. Expand
  9. May 25, 2014
    Now that fans have brought the servers back online after ten years I decided to go back and play this game again. While the tank controls hold up as well as you expect, the game is still as tense and exciting as it once was. Each character is unique and have their own dialogue and thoughts alongside with individualized playstyles. Kevin starts with a handgun and has a power aim stance, George starts with nothing weapon wise but has a unique medkit, Alyssa has lockpicks, etc etc.

Each scenario is fairly well thought out and interested, with easter eggs and allusions to RE2 scattered rarely about. Several characters get unique dialogue in specific scenarios and there are several ways to handle each different scenario. Replay value is pretty good, which is important given that there are only a handful of scenarios.

In multiplayer the tension remains (when people aren't spamming ad libs) because death means you're out. There aren't any checkpoints to save you, and if the whole team wipes it's a complete failure. It can even create atmosphere of it's own; I remember one game running up a staircase just in time to watch another player being drug out a window to be finished off by a zombie, their legs dragging out of it slowly. I knew they were gone, and what was left of us had to press on.

The lack of build in voice chat or even text communication would be a pretty significant negative to most, but in today's world I just use mumble like everybody else. Perhaps it would have bothered me a lot more when this game was new, but now it isn't an issue in the least.
  10. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil: Outbreak first released back 2004, Gameplay is Perfect, Story is 100% Better then Crap 4-6, Online is Perfect in everyway.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Story: 8/10
    Total: 8/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  11. Jun 16, 2014
    es un buen juego de la saga pero el multijugador esta mas o menos la historia es buena la jugabilidad es buena los graficos como de de ps3 pero lo malo del juego son los bugs solo tiene 5 niveles y le falta un cooperativo y mejorar el multijugador y reactivarlo
  12. Oct 16, 2014
    Resident Evil Outbreak, is a very interesting spin-off from the series, it has a lot of potential, but wow, so lame multiplayer gameplay, single player its awesome, especially in Lone Wolf/Very Hard, most challenging Re for me.
  13. Nov 4, 2014
    The best multiplayer Resident Evil game made to date IMO. I logged so many hours on this game it's not even funny, and it never got boring. I loved playing Decisions, Decisions and with the right people you could do it in just over a half an hour if I remember correctly. I held some records on this game years ago, and I always think about how great this game was, so now that I've been reading it's brought back online, I want to try it. I had a few people that I always played with so we could do maps quickly and we had a blast doing it. I wish they would remake this game for the ps3 so I could play it in HD. You have to try this game, definitely. You won't regret it. Expand
  14. Apr 4, 2011

1. The graphics and score are outstanding, but ultimately, the gameplay falls flat with heavy-handed mechanics and tedious goals.
  2. Another major gripe is that there’s a lot of loading. Without a HDD, every door you walk through will require a pretty substantial loading time.
    Outbreak would have been a much, much better game had it had online voice communication. There's simply no excuse for omitting this feature in a game hinges on being able to communicate rapidly between party members.