Resident Evil Outbreak PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 31, 2004
8.2

1. AB
    Jan 3, 2005
    The only scary thing about this game is how bad it is. The puzzles are frustrating, the multiplayer is impossible. I did jump out of my seat once, but that was to turn off this wretched, horrendous excuse for a videogame.
  2. JeffA.
    Apr 19, 2005
    This game should not be allowed to use the Resident Evil name. Being a Resident Evil game I expected lousy controls. I didn't expect the lousy controls to be one of the most refined features of the game though. As a fan of the series I really tried to lie the game but the boring gameplay and constant subtitles flashing accross the screen turned a mediocre game into a bad one. Seems This game should not be allowed to use the Resident Evil name. Being a Resident Evil game I expected lousy controls. I didn't expect the lousy controls to be one of the most refined features of the game though. As a fan of the series I really tried to lie the game but the boring gameplay and constant subtitles flashing accross the screen turned a mediocre game into a bad one. Seems like the developer released the game before completing it. THe only scary thing about this game is the price I paid for this trash. Expand
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    I can see what they were going for but it doesn't work. This probably takes the cake as one of the most boring survival horror games I've ever played, and it's not a yummy cake. It's a s*** cake.

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#45 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The graphics and score are outstanding, but ultimately, the gameplay falls flat with heavy-handed mechanics and tedious goals.
  2. Another major gripe is that there’s a lot of loading. Without a HDD, every door you walk through will require a pretty substantial loading time.
    Outbreak would have been a much, much better game had it had online voice communication. There's simply no excuse for omitting this feature in a game hinges on being able to communicate rapidly between party members.