Robotech: Battlecry PlayStation 2

8.5

1. JohnL.
    Jun 3, 2006
    This game was good at best. the controls were a bit lacking and could have been better. all around the game was good.
  2. CyG.
    Dec 26, 2002
    This game is tight, don't listen to the other haters! There are some flaws, but overall you definitely get the Robotech experience. The missions in the city where you have to gun down the Zens is what every Robotech fan has been waiting for. You get to battle Muria Purina in space amongst enemy spaceships...sweet! It takes you through all the stages of the first part of the trilogy This game is tight, don't listen to the other haters! There are some flaws, but overall you definitely get the Robotech experience. The missions in the city where you have to gun down the Zens is what every Robotech fan has been waiting for. You get to battle Muria Purina in space amongst enemy spaceships...sweet! It takes you through all the stages of the first part of the trilogy and makes you feel like you are there. I hope the programmers make a 2nd trilogy Robotech game so we can battle Zor Prime! And then a third so we can battle the Invid. My suggestions to improve Battlecry and future Robotech games would be one, to be able to uses hand to hand combat and be able to sock and through the enemy ships. Also, I would have missions where you go inside the enemy ships to complete a mission, that way you can appreciate the alien art...remember the episode, "The Great Escape"...or, in the 2nd trilogy when Dana and the 15th Squadron went into the ship of the Robotech Masters...or, in the third trilogy when the freedom fighters went into an Invid hive, that would be off the hook! Being able to get out of a ship to go on a mission would be cool, maybe being able to get into an enemy ship. That would be the best Robotech experience! Expand
  3. KevinZ.
    Dec 27, 2002
    Ok, I'm a big fan of RoboTech, I think the game flat out rocks! But if you don't like RoboTech, then you may not like the game.

PS2 gamers win out with the best edition. Far more intuitive on the control pad than on the GameCube or Xbox, manipulating your Veritech is not only easier on Sony's machine, but it looks just as good.
  2. The game suffers from a number of problems that even the most ardent fans of the series will have a hard time overlooking, not the least of which are repetitive missions, sluggish controls, and empty levels.
    Even if you strip away the Robotech coolness, you still have a decent action game that entertains but doesn’t surprise.