Robots PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
6.0

1. DerekS.
    Mar 9, 2005
    I don't see why the review scores are so low for this game. My kids haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since nemo and can't wait to see the film. If you're after a fun good looking game to keep the kids happy on a Saturady afternoon then you won't be disappointed with this.
  2. Callumn
    Aug 3, 2005
    My son aged 8 loved it and spent ours playing so I guess it depends on age group.
  3. PhilipW.
    Mar 23, 2005
    The glaring flaw with reviews based on games aimed at kids, is that they are written by adult gamers who judge games with an entirely different set of values or criteria, often inapproriate or totally disregarding children's mindset. My son loves this game. He is 9 and has played lots of quality titled games, so he can tell good from bad. The graphics are superb. Sharp and detailed The glaring flaw with reviews based on games aimed at kids, is that they are written by adult gamers who judge games with an entirely different set of values or criteria, often inapproriate or totally disregarding children's mindset. My son loves this game. He is 9 and has played lots of quality titled games, so he can tell good from bad. The graphics are superb. Sharp and detailed and display a nice degree of polish. The controls are responsive and easy to handle. The gameplay is roaming-platforming and nothing new but sometimes kids don't need a great deal of innovation. Often adults judge the quality of games to other titles in their genre, but children seldom do. My son is very happy with Robots which is good in my book, because I paid for it! [Ed: Thanks for the input, Philip.] Expand

If you want the Robots experience at home just wait for the DVD... If you really want some cool robots and platforming, go with one of the "Ratchet and Clank" titles.
  2. Cheat Code Central
    The developers and movie studios should get together on these kinds of projects. The games always get the crappy end of the stick.
  3. Well-meaning if not masterful, this is clearly a game for children rather than older players.