Rogue Galaxy PlayStation 2

8.4

1. EBidd
    Jan 16, 2007
    An average RPG. The gameplay is reasonable. The cell-shading reminds me of The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker.
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    Its has good graphics and the worlds are all well designed. I liked that there are different races with different looks. The story is nothing special but not that bad either.The battle system is action battle system but it ads nothing towards the progression in the game and the characters are lacking in variety. They all have the same attacks and team attacks with the same effect. All inIts has good graphics and the worlds are all well designed. I liked that there are different races with different looks. The story is nothing special but not that bad either.The battle system is action battle system but it ads nothing towards the progression in the game and the characters are lacking in variety. They all have the same attacks and team attacks with the same effect. All in all its a good rpg but not a highlight on the PS2. Expand
  3. Jan 31, 2017
    The game had a huge potential. Lots of great ideas like weapon leveling and synthesis, interesting original world setting. Great graphics and decent soundtrack and voice acting.
    However, the deeper into the game I went, the more it started to annoy me. The plot has more cliche twists than Mexican soap opera. Some enemies require constant switching between different types of secondary weapon, which is just too tedious. The ending dungeon and final boss fights are just plain frustrating and no fun at all.
    If you're a fan of JRPGs this is an "Ok" game for PS2. Otherwise, you might consider spending your time somewhere else.

#4 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

1. This is undeniably still a good, enjoyable and very pretty game. Nevertheless, at this time, from this developer, Eurogamer won't be alone in mourning the fact it's not nearer a perfect, staggering and beautiful one instead.
  2. Grinding out levels and looking for items is rarely this rewarding, and it’s obvious that Level 5 knows the depths of the role-player's mind all too well. Now if they could just hire a good writer.
  3. An RPG made for traditional fans of the genre. With a solid story, vivid and likeable characters, a vast, interesting world, and fun gameplay, Rogue Galaxy is simply a must-have for RPG fans.