Rugby 06 PlayStation 2

7.8

1. MusaM.
    Feb 23, 2007
    This is the best rugby game ever ,I have a problem with the cameras though, but hey I play high school rugby in the southern hemisphere{south africa} I also enjoyed playing with my favourite team the Blue Bulls in the Super 14,the Tri-nations are good and the Six -nations are quite enjoyable but maybe in rugby 07 they will put Loftus Versfeld{SA},Christchurch{NZ} these are stadiums
  2. TheDougz
    Aug 31, 2006
    Dexter Pearson for AceGamez is brainless. His remarks and scoring should be stripped from this site. I really wanted to give this a 10, but then how would I be able to fairly rate the upcoming Rugby titles from EA? Hands down the best rugby game to date. And no it's not FIFA. If you want FIFA buy FIFA, if you want Rugby read everyone's reviews except for Dexter Pearson's Dexter Pearson for AceGamez is brainless. His remarks and scoring should be stripped from this site. I really wanted to give this a 10, but then how would I be able to fairly rate the upcoming Rugby titles from EA? Hands down the best rugby game to date. And no it's not FIFA. If you want FIFA buy FIFA, if you want Rugby read everyone's reviews except for Dexter Pearson's for AceGamez. He apparently knows only two things: FIFA and breakfast. And I could care less for either. Expand
  3. IslanderS.
    Aug 13, 2006
    i thought the game was good but the defence was too easy to break through,even on elite difficulty i played new zealand once you know how score tries winning by 100 points.the only real challenge is tryin to beat new zealand with geogia..but hopefully they make rugby 07 game much harder including more stats n more tournaments like 7's ,pacific cup etc. i own all the rugby games and i thought the game was good but the defence was too easy to break through,even on elite difficulty i played new zealand once you know how score tries winning by 100 points.the only real challenge is tryin to beat new zealand with geogia..but hopefully they make rugby 07 game much harder including more stats n more tournaments like 7's ,pacific cup etc. i own all the rugby games and my biggest annoyance its that they all too easy! but other than that rugby06 is cool. so hopefully rugby07 can make a better change. Expand
  4. Obliviondevestator
    Aug 4, 2006
    I thought this game was very good as you can use impact players to your advantage and use many illegal moves. it is also great because you can do offload passes and there are many new set plays.overall i thought it was a very good game and as a very big rugby fan i recommend this game strongly.
  5. JordanP.
    Apr 11, 2006
    good for big rugby fans, general sports fans and people with an open mind. quick and easy to learn and play. cant fault the licences, it is an EA game. scores can get a little unrealistic, me and a freind had a 77-49 final scoreline once! defence is also a bit random.
  6. Number8
    Feb 27, 2006
    An improvement on last year definitely. Offload passing is great, and passing in general has improved. Impact players are nice too. Could use a few minor improvements ((AI defence) but overall the closest video game rugby will get to real world rugby. How about a 7's mini game in next year's version?
  7. Ryan
    Feb 21, 2006
    Great game. Don't waste money on Rugby Challenge, this is the best rugby game by far!
  8. JimmyD.
    Feb 12, 2006
    Very good, though bit easy to break through defencive line.
  9. Jo
    Feb 11, 2006
    Great game

1. Pelit (Finland)
    An enjoyable rugby game. Tutorial and practice mode are helpful for beginners, but scrums, rucks and mauls are still pretty hard to play. Passing game is done extremely well. [Feb 2006]
  2. If Rugby 06 is anything to go by, then future iterations of the franchise will only continue to get stronger and better, since this is by far the best rugby game to date. The flow of the game is more realistic than ever before, with the introduction of offloads, and quick penalties/line-outs working together to bring the game closer to the modern sport of rugby.
  3. AceGamez
    I came into Rugby 06 with an open mind, I was hoping for the FIFA engine with rugby elements and I was let down.