Rugby 2005 PlayStation 2

8.6

1. JamesLawlor
    Nov 22, 2005
    This was, I found to be a very challenging, realistic rugby game, though the English team were of course ORERRATED!! Joking aside the game play was fantastic and the number of tournaments available was impressive, plus it was nice to see Scotland finally record their first Grand Slam of the 21st century! 10 out of 10 and I hope the next title will be as well laid out and filled with theThis was, I found to be a very challenging, realistic rugby game, though the English team were of course ORERRATED!! Joking aside the game play was fantastic and the number of tournaments available was impressive, plus it was nice to see Scotland finally record their first Grand Slam of the 21st century! 10 out of 10 and I hope the next title will be as well laid out and filled with the same sort of colourful commentary. Expand
  2. ZacT.
    Jul 16, 2005
    I guess you have to know the rules of the game to want to buy or play, but this is the best sports game for any one who isn't into basketball, NHL or NFL and is great for aussie people cause we are the best in the world at this game.
  3. JonathanJ.
    Jul 9, 2005
    WHAT A SHAME.... I've played rugby for 10 years, and played all the past rugby video games as well, and the only thing I can say is that rugby 2005 has better graphics. It still has as many flaws as in past rugby video games , like sometimes you can run through player like a ghost, what's up with that? they don't sanction a player after a late tackle, and the cameras they WHAT A SHAME.... I've played rugby for 10 years, and played all the past rugby video games as well, and the only thing I can say is that rugby 2005 has better graphics. It still has as many flaws as in past rugby video games , like sometimes you can run through player like a ghost, what's up with that? they don't sanction a player after a late tackle, and the cameras they offer are not the best I've used, I'm disappointed, I thought this time EA sports was really gonna nail it this time. Come on EA sports, you can do much better than that. hope you pull it of next year with rugby 2006. Collapse
  4. MutherF.
    May 9, 2005
    Game was good, bit patchy in areas, like the difficulty doesnt get harder, just more things go wrong to your team. Graphics good, maybe better tackling.
  5. NkolaisS.
    Apr 21, 2005
    It is a well balanced game , id like to be more breaking tackles though.
  6. LloydG.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Awesome graphics and fun to play but hard controls.
  7. K.A.
    Mar 22, 2005
    I agree that american reviewers seem to judge the sport and not the game. I'm quite new to rugby, but I find EA Sports' game very exciting.
  8. SteveM.
    Mar 10, 2005
    Great fun. Absolutely streets ahead of 2004. Definitely a must buy for the rugby fan. Kicking is still a bit of an issue, but doesn't take away at all. Disregard the U.S reviews above - their reasoning is if it's not Madden, it's not good.
  9. Landrover
    Feb 17, 2005
    Top stuff! Even the defending is fun.
  10. TomF
    Feb 16, 2005
    Bloody Awesome!!!! The graphics are great, handling, kicking, everything is perfect!!!!
  11. RobbieS.
    Feb 16, 2005
    The best rugby game ever! I'm sooo glad they brought it out, I'm a huge Rugby fan and it's absolutely brilliant! Everyone who likes Rugby and has ps2/xbox/pc must by this game, it's great!
  12. GriffinM.
    Jan 28, 2005
    This game is so much better than the 2004. It has better graghics, huge hits, and more realistic game play. If I had a choice for the years top game this would be mine in a heart beat.

#89 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. Gives you an adequate adrenaline rush and provides a realistic experience (minus the bruises and broken bones, of course), but it lacks the polish of other EA Sports titles.
  2. PSM Magazine
    The AI is easily duped and the coaching options are limited. EA still doesn't give this sport the "Madden" treatment, and it really shows. [Apr 2005, p.76]
    In short, the game includes all the modes that rugby fans would want, with a ready-to-play engine that improves on everything that has previously been available in a rugby video game.