Samurai Western PlayStation 2

7.6

1. God
    Apr 20, 2006
    Samarai Western Is by far the best game i have ever played. There was an in-depth story line, Fantastic graphics, Great boss fights and the plethora of different levels and enemies kept me on the edge of my seat. Its was truly a pleasure. Until I realized I was thinking about Drakenguard. Drakenguard is a good game. So i gave it a Ten.
  2. JasonR.
    Apr 3, 2006
    first, i want to say i am a huge fan of the samurai culture. samurai western sounds great in my book, i like the concept, a lone samurai in the west. the story was good, but the way it was played out in the game was not. this game is basically a hack n slash game. levels are pretty short, enemies are easily dealt with, but bosses are sometimes overly difficult to defeat. the up side of first, i want to say i am a huge fan of the samurai culture. samurai western sounds great in my book, i like the concept, a lone samurai in the west. the story was good, but the way it was played out in the game was not. this game is basically a hack n slash game. levels are pretty short, enemies are easily dealt with, but bosses are sometimes overly difficult to defeat. the up side of SamWest are all the extras you earn as you progress through the game, 50+ weapons, each weapon type has a different stance and moves. you can change your appearence by getting gear from fallen enemies. you can also increase attributes and develope your chararcter after each stage. this is a pretty good game and somewhat similar to the movie "Red Sun" starring Charles Bronson and Toshiro Mifune. Expand

1. Edge Magazine
    Western is an old-fashioned game about an old-fashioned time, and although it may not possess the swaggering production values or wit of "Red Dead Revolver," it’s a thoroughly guilty pleasure. [March 2005, p.90]
    While Samurai Western is a somewhat standard hack-and-slash with a quirky setting, it doesn't hold up for two main reasons: lack of polish and much-needed variety.
  3. Play Magazine
    The whole concoction makes for one super-stylized, decidedly different action game. [May 2005, p.43]