Second Sight PlayStation 2

8.0

1. JeffS.
    Jul 7, 2005
    I deducted one point for outdated graphics. This game puts others to shame in terms of story and gameplay. There are a few minor bugs with the game, but nothing you can't work around easily. As a developer, I play a lot of games, and after returning armloads of games after a day's play, it's refreshing to run across one that was actually fun to play.
  2. TrevorO.
    Jul 11, 2005
    One word : OUTSTANDING! Best game I played last year by far! Good graphics, great gameplay and, stone me, what a story!
  3. TheRightHonorableSirGrahamKristopherMiles
    Oct 16, 2004
    WooooHOOOO! Holy ****! A GrEaT story, complete with enough blood and guts to satisfy, enough mindless gun-slinging, and best of all, psychic @$$-whooping! Only thing is, the graphics are a teensey bit dated. Who cares? NOT ME! Like I said Before, WoooHOOOO!
  4. H.Raggende
    Sep 14, 2004
    Am I blind or should I clean my glasses! Where are those beautiful graphics everyone talks about? I can agree that creatures and people look more realistic than in most other games. But the environment does not look good. You are not expected to have a resolution above 1024 x 768 which means that strait lines do not look like strait lines. Most of us have to get down to 800 x 600 and then Am I blind or should I clean my glasses! Where are those beautiful graphics everyone talks about? I can agree that creatures and people look more realistic than in most other games. But the environment does not look good. You are not expected to have a resolution above 1024 x 768 which means that strait lines do not look like strait lines. Most of us have to get down to 800 x 600 and then every line or edge looks like a saw-blade. I tried high quality at 1280 x 1024 just to look at the graphics. Anyone noticed that the contrast is too high, the shadows too black? Feels like wearing sunglasses at night. It is just stupid and does nothing to add to the experience. Very disappointing! Expand
  5. M.Black
    Jan 14, 2005
    I've bought about 20 games (give or take) in the past year; Second Sight is one of the best among them.
  6. Jan 1, 2011
    I still look back at this game years from now when my dad told me to buy it, best money ever spent on a game...free radical really did a good job on this game honestly I liked the storyline and the gameplay had just enough action.
  7. Jun 8, 2013
    Released at about the same time as Psi Ops (that also featured the use of physic abilities) Second Sight is the superior of the two largely thanks to the quality of its storytelling. The player takes on the role of John Vattic who awakes from a coma to find himself trapped inside a government facility with no memory of who he is or how he got there.

As the game progresses he gradually

As the game progresses he gradually discovers that he has a number of psychic abilities and these of course play a huge part in the gameplay whether it be in solving puzzles or defeating enemies. The fact that these powers can be used pretty much as often as you like does arguably make the game a little easy but since it is such fun to test out each new power it doesn't really matter. Aside from the odd difficulty in highlighting the correct target when using your abilities the controls are also well implemented and after a bit of practice become quite intuitive.

Alongside the psychic abilities the game also features a selection of high powered weaponry such as shotguns and machine guns. These are a little too easy to come by at times and the game can often be played as a straight first person shooter but that would really defeat the purpose.

In the end while Second Sight may have the odd flaw the interesting story and excellent implementation of the psychic powers makes it a game that is certainly worth playing.

#83 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#52 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. It's got some flaws and it's not very long or replayable--you'll probably finish it in 12 to 15 hours, without much incentive to go back to the beginning--but it's fun while it lasts.
  2. A little more polish and gameplay balance could have made Second Sight a classic gaming experience. This really is too bad since it contains a story that puts Psi-Ops to shame.
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    If you're looking for a finely crafted, thought-provoking story to go with your psychic phenomena, look no further than Second Sight. [Nov 2004, p.128]