• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jul 31, 2002
8.3

1. WillD.
    May 6, 2003
    I love tennis, and this game has many great qualities, but the problems with short-lived matches. One set is the LONGEST the matches get, and that's just not realistic.
  2. DaveR.
    Aug 4, 2002
    If you're interested in real tennis, this game is not for you. One set? How can you make a tennis game with only one set? Would you play a football game with only one quarter? Graphics are good, but I'll stick with Smashcourt over this one.
  3. JoshuaH.
    Jul 26, 2004
    The games graphics are off the chain. World Tour mode is like the real thing. And thats why I give this game a 10!
  4. CharlesM.
    Oct 2, 2002
    I am really into tennis in the first place, and this game is just addicting.
  5. ScottW.
    Aug 3, 2002
    Good game all-around, not great, but very good. Worth buying, but not if you've only got $50 to buy one game with. Good one to add to the collection...
  6. AndrewI.
    Sep 16, 2002
    Why have a net and lines if the ball never goes into the net or never goes out? I've never had an unforced error playing this game - not one. Never had an ace either; all points come on winners. Why are tournament matches like 1 set with 3 games or so? Awful game unless you hate tennis cause this ain't it.
  7. DaveP.
    Jul 15, 2003
    This is the best game ever.
  8. ScottM.
    Jul 6, 2003
    This is the best tennis game on PS2. I play tennis but I think anyone would enjoy it.
  9. ShawnF.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Sega Sports Tennis is the best tennis game I have ever played. The graphics and sounds are awesome. World Tour mode is great. You create your own male and female player and have a tennis carrer, me being a tennis player always wonder how it is like to be a pro and world tour is a great example. Exhibition mode is great to challenge your friends or test your skill. I give Sega Sports Sega Sports Tennis is the best tennis game I have ever played. The graphics and sounds are awesome. World Tour mode is great. You create your own male and female player and have a tennis carrer, me being a tennis player always wonder how it is like to be a pro and world tour is a great example. Exhibition mode is great to challenge your friends or test your skill. I give Sega Sports Tennis a perfect 10. Expand
  10. BernardoA.
    Feb 16, 2004
    A very good and addicting game, even the practices are cool, but Sega should do something about the perfectness of the players cause the ball never hits the net.
  11. RodW.
    May 21, 2004
    As far as the sheer PLAYING joy of this game, I'd give it a 10. Even though I don't base a lot of my reviews on anything but the playing part, I do have to subtract just a little because of the inferior graphics. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure if these graphics were around 5 yrs ago they would be fine. They are even OK in this day and age, but since I see room for As far as the sheer PLAYING joy of this game, I'd give it a 10. Even though I don't base a lot of my reviews on anything but the playing part, I do have to subtract just a little because of the inferior graphics. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure if these graphics were around 5 yrs ago they would be fine. They are even OK in this day and age, but since I see room for improvement in this area, I bumped the score down to a 9. All you people talking about playing 1 set as a match...CHECK THE OPTIONS!!! It's AMAZING how often people wrongly criticize games due to their own ignorance!!! Expand
  12. JulienP.
    Jun 16, 2004
    The game is OK, but ... 1) matches are limited to 1 set. Normal matches are supposed to be best of 3 or 5 ?! I don't get this 2) the game play It's still not nearly as fun as Mario tennis for N64 was ... Sega needs to do better .
  13. MateusC.
    Sep 11, 2006
    Forget other tennis games (including the Top Spin bad port) this is the tennis game you should play on PS2.
  14. AnonymousMC
    Nov 19, 2008
    This tennis game gets high marks for its pure "playability". What makes it top notch for me is the simplistic controls. You use only about half of the available buttons on the controller. But that doesnt take away from the strategy you need to make a winning shot. The game has incorporated all the basic real tennis shots one would use in a real game. I would say it is nice simulationThis tennis game gets high marks for its pure "playability". What makes it top notch for me is the simplistic controls. You use only about half of the available buttons on the controller. But that doesnt take away from the strategy you need to make a winning shot. The game has incorporated all the basic real tennis shots one would use in a real game. I would say it is nice simulation type of tennis game opposed to the arcade style. The fun part for me is training & building up your created players. Its work, but it pays off. This game is now six years old, but still ranks highest of all of its peers to date. Very addicting gameplay and a solid sim type world tour are the strong points. The only issue I see that would give it a perfect rating would be to add just a few more details like a few more character types to create and a little more replay action similar to Madden. Maybe throw in some player bickering on close calls or a overturned call here or there. But if your looking for a great feeling tennis sim, this ones a keeper. Expand

1. Not only is Sega Sports Tennis a realistically true tennis simulation but it’s also extremely challenging and fun as well.
  2. As great as its predecessor was, but still just a port of last year's game on an older console - and with seemingly worse graphics to boot.
    While it's probably true that 99% of PS2 owners have never played "Tennis 2K2" for the Dreamcast, Sega should still have given them something more than an almost direct port.