Shadow of Destiny PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 5, 2001
  • Also On: PC
8.2

1. Aug 21, 2012
    this game is far away from perfect, it has mediocre graphics, cause it was a very early title on the PS2 and it has a gameplay not everyone will like, cause it's more like an interactive novel, but the story & atmosphere was so great that this one has burned itself into my brain. will never forget this one.
  2. PhilW.
    Mar 5, 2002
    An in-depth storyline and manic plot twists make Shadow of Destiny a highly enjoyable game. A bit more suspense would help but with 6 normal endings(2 B endings) and two EX endings it'll keep you playing for ages!
  3. AlexK.
    Jul 1, 2001
    A very good adventure game with a fantastic premise, spoiled largely by the poor voice acting of the main character. Man, he could have been so much cooler. But in the end Shadow of Destiny proves to be a cerebral story with fun but basic adventure gameplay. I found the lack of interactivity not nearly as vexing as many of the game reviewers did, partially because I think that the various A very good adventure game with a fantastic premise, spoiled largely by the poor voice acting of the main character. Man, he could have been so much cooler. But in the end Shadow of Destiny proves to be a cerebral story with fun but basic adventure gameplay. I found the lack of interactivity not nearly as vexing as many of the game reviewers did, partially because I think that the various plot twists, multiple endings, and subtle details make SoD better billed as an "interactive movie" than a game. But on that front it's a great cinematic achievement--the best yet on any system--and well worth it for anyone who loves a good story. Expand
  4. LeeC.
    Dec 23, 2001
    I thought the game was excellent, it was a short game, but it was unique. It was different from every game on the market which makes it 10 times better. A game just doesn't need good graphics, it needs a good story line too, and that seems to be the problem with game now, is that games will have incredible graphics but the story line will suck or vice versa. This game has both and it I thought the game was excellent, it was a short game, but it was unique. It was different from every game on the market which makes it 10 times better. A game just doesn't need good graphics, it needs a good story line too, and that seems to be the problem with game now, is that games will have incredible graphics but the story line will suck or vice versa. This game has both and it was a very exciting game. I was wondering if someone could email me (Train3030@webtv.net) about any info on if there is gonna be a Shadow of Destiny 2? Please email me soon, thank you. Expand

#71 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#9 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Largely ignored by the mainstream gaming press, this fabulous epic of a game will draw you in with both its warmth and its ever-increasing tale.
  2. Gamers willing to invest the time required to unravel the title's mysteries will discover one of the PS2's most enjoyable games and one of the most original adventure games to grace a console.
  3. It is a bit on the short side, but the upside is a fantastic plot that has numerous side stories to it that cannot all be experienced in a single play.