• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2005
6.0

1. May 14, 2012
    OH NO, a positive Shadow the Hedgehog review? I am prepared for the hate. Regardless, Shadow the Hedgehog was released in 2005 and is the first Sonic related game in which the protagonist is not Sonic the Hedgehog and is a character introduced in Sonic Adventure 2. The purpose of the game is for players to find out more about Shadow than they originally knew of in SA2. This information includes Shadow's past such as how he was created and more details about Maria. When it comes to the actual story, it gives you a different feel in each of the different sides you choose. I believe players disliked the story because they didn't want a different style in which you can play through different outcomes and have increased replayablility. Now let's get into the gameplay. Many people found the gun concept to be "Pointless", the speed of Shadow to be too slow, and the performance of the game graphics wise, but I found none of those to be an issue. the guns bring variety to the series, Shadow runs just as fast as Sonic and runs as smoothly as in SA2, and the graphics were not bad. Heck, even the split screen I found fun playing with my friends. The only minor issue I found within the game was, well, nothing. Overall, don't listen to the other reviewers unless you prefer everything to be the same rather than variety. That is why this game deserves a perfet 100. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    I don't see why this game is so hated. It has really cool soundtrack and levels are really enjoyable. It's just one of those games, that require mre skill. The idea of dropping 10 rings after hit instead of all of them makes this games actually a lot easier. I like the fact, that you can choose, if you want to do Hero, Dark or Neutral (go to finish line) missions. Also, the storyline fills gaps that SA2 and SH left for Shadow. It has great replay value.
    This game is a platforming shooter and that's the main reason why it's hated so much. Those kinds of games are actually my favourite. In other words, you should buy this game, if you want to know more about Shadow The Hedgehog without going to wiki pages or if you like platforming shooters.
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    You can choose between hero,evil and neutral.Shadow uses guns.You can choose to help G.U.N. ,or help the Aliens,or only to find the truth about Shadow's past.The way you do the levels will decide Shadow's future.Probably,one of the best Sonic Games ever.

The lack of speed is a real problem here.
    A long list of shortcomings, from stupid level design, unrefined controls and useless gunplay to disappointingly outdated graphics.
  3. Unlike last years popular and more importantly, playable, "Sonic Heroes," Shadow The Hedgehog is a misstep in almost every direction.