8.6

1. Apr 19, 2011
    anime in general needs to pick up this game as well as Persona 4. The Social Link system is an amazing way to mix up the action, and the end result is a perfect blend of dungeon crawling, monster collecting, and visual novel. The grind might be repetitive, but the boss battles are great and the story/characters are amazing. Definitely not an RPG to be missed!
  2. Jun 9, 2012
    A downright fantastic game! I loved every minute...even when it was somewhat repetitive. The story, the characters, there is nothing that I didnt love about this game. Even when other characters would be mad at me I was entertained...albeit a little hurt. This game really shows you how important it is to form bonds, even though we are not all out to save the world. The story kept me goingA downright fantastic game! I loved every minute...even when it was somewhat repetitive. The story, the characters, there is nothing that I didnt love about this game. Even when other characters would be mad at me I was entertained...albeit a little hurt. This game really shows you how important it is to form bonds, even though we are not all out to save the world. The story kept me going and I was sad to see it end. The persona system itself is genius and the social links just add to the fun. I HIGHLY recommend this game. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    I played Persona 3 FES, so I will submit this review for both the original and FES. Persona 3 is right up there on my list of "greatest games of all-time" alongside Shenmue. The story in this game is simply the best ever, it's emotionally engaging, great voice actors and really puts you in some tough positions when you have choices to make. This is RPG at it's finest. I fell inlove withI played Persona 3 FES, so I will submit this review for both the original and FES. Persona 3 is right up there on my list of "greatest games of all-time" alongside Shenmue. The story in this game is simply the best ever, it's emotionally engaging, great voice actors and really puts you in some tough positions when you have choices to make. This is RPG at it's finest. I fell inlove with all the characters here and I never stopped. The gameplay is top-notch, dungeon crawling has never been more fun, the combat is the best I've seen for a JRPG, the use of Personas gives it a nice, unique twist to it. When you're not in combat, you're either in the dorm, at the mall, in school or exploring the other areas of the city. There is so much to do, and the game is extremely long, took me ~80 hours to complete this. Oh and lets not forget the soundtrack, simply one of the best, if not the best, of all time. If you love JRPGS, great stories, and great combat, make sure you purchase this game, you WILL NOT regret it. Expand
  4. May 2, 2013
    ATLUS always impresses me with their games. This one is no exception, in fact, this is probably my favorite RPG as of right now. All the attention to detail and things to do besides just explore and grind in the tower make it a stellar experience with tons of replay value.
  5. Dec 29, 2013
    Excellent music and great characters make this game truly satisfying from beginning to end. The game can be extremely unforgiving if someone wants to get 100% completion on their first play through but, do not let that deter you. The boss battles are very challenging and the combat is fluid and makes leveling up less of a grind.10/10.
  6. Feb 14, 2014
    I suppose the biggest problem I had with this game was that I played Persona 4 first. Because of that I feel my experience of the game was not what it could have been.

It is clear that this game is the game before Persona 4 as all the same mechanics are there, just in a far more raw form. I did really want to like this as much as I did P4, but I just could not get past the flaws that I think I wouldn't of noticed had I not played P4 first.

Story wise it is on par with P4. The narrative is deeply engaging, but perhaps a little too transparent at times.

Most of the characters are well developed and interesting, however not as flushed out as in P4. I never felt any deep connection to any of the characters, at least not to the same degree as I did for the P4 cast. I suppose it could be because there are perhaps far too many character and your time is spent to spread out to really feel a strong connection to each individually.

Combat is practically the same as P4 however clearly an earlier stage. The inability to directly control anyone except the main character is deeply annoying at times. If anything, it helps you appreciate the P4 system even more.

In game visuals are on par with P4 but the Anime cut scenes are clearly inferior.

Soundtrack is OK, but doesn't feel as ...... personal as P4's.

To round up. I know this sounds like me bashing on the game, but in truth I'm not. P3 is a fantastic game and if not for it, P4 would never have been. I just wish I could go back and play them in the right order.

Overall:
    A great game, that is a little rough around the edges, but worthy of any JRPG fan's collection.

1. Persona 3 is an amazingly unique title for the Playstation 2. Even if you're not a fan of dungeon crawls, Persona 3 deserves your attention for its maturity alone. Gamers that are sick of typical JRPG settings will love the new atmosphere and relish the creepy style.
  2. Persona 3 holds its themes together with solid gameplay and cool characters, and thoroughly rewards you for the time you invest. [Aug 2007, p.96]
  3. Persona 3 is a fairly unique game, in that it combines stale and tried elements to make them fresh. The presentation is good, and the environments are crisp. This is definitely a game only for the true RPG faithful.