9.2

1. May 25, 2013
    I feel like I am the only person who just didn't get this game. I enjoy a great engaging story line but I just did not find it with this. Forget that it took me 5 hours of real game time to actually have my first battle because the introduction took so long but I really didn't find this game enjoyable. I didn't like having to take on part time jobs or join clubs, it felt like I was beingI feel like I am the only person who just didn't get this game. I enjoy a great engaging story line but I just did not find it with this. Forget that it took me 5 hours of real game time to actually have my first battle because the introduction took so long but I really didn't find this game enjoyable. I didn't like having to take on part time jobs or join clubs, it felt like I was being forced into these things when I really wanted to go out and kill something. Then the game gives you a guilt trip if you don't actually engage in these extra activities. I didn't like being forced to follow a calendar, or have to figure out when I am supposed to do XYZ, and if I miss the time then you supposedly miss a major event. Ain't nobody got time for that. I tried my hand at this game several times, I really tried, and I just couldn't continue with it. I suppose I am just the other side of the bell curve in this game because everyone else seems to love it. I didn't enjoy it. I felt I should post my review only because it has so many positive scores I wanted it said that not everybody enjoyed or connected with this game. I certainly didn't. The bottomline for me is the story was quite interesting, thats where the 3 points come in, but delivery and execution of this game left much to be desired. The wait to actually do something like combat other than walk around and talk to people was just too long for me. If I want to socialize I'll do it with real people. As a side note I am a major RPG fan, played through many a JRPG and RPG alike, this was the first one I did not enjoy. For those that loved this game, more power to you. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    This game has entire days worth of content.
    This content being teenage sexuality issues and level grinding.
    This game has entire days worth of content.
    This content being teenage sexuality issues and level grinding.
    Now this would be fine if I cared about the characters, but I don't because the horrendous voice acting and awkward dialogue makes the already fairly bland character completely unlikable, which in a game that's basically a character study with a tacked on dungeon crawler is an unforgivable sin.
  3. Aug 17, 2013
    Nearly the same game as Persona 3 with better graphics, but not as interesting overall. Same combat, same daily grind..really should have done something more with it, but if you've never played a Persona game, try this and Persona 1

Among the cookie-cutter sequels and half-hearted remakes, Persona 4 is a near flawless example of the perfect balance between "falling back on what works" and "pushing the genre forward." That said, I wholeheartedly recommend it as one of the best RPG experiences of the year.
  2. An outstanding achievement in gaming. There’s no question that this is going to be one of my top games of the year, and any fan of JRPGs should be playing it when it’s released next week.
    What really sets Persona 4 apart, though, is its endearing, relatable cast.