6.9

1. May 21, 2016
    You must think in this game . This game worse than Silent Hill 1 , 2 , 3 , but better than Silent Hill 4 The Room . In this game very good graphics for PS2 and one of the best graphics on PS2 and this game is scary music and locations . All Silent Hills before Silent Hill Shattered Memories are good , but Silent Hills after Shattered Memories are bad . Silent Hill SM later good game inYou must think in this game . This game worse than Silent Hill 1 , 2 , 3 , but better than Silent Hill 4 The Room . In this game very good graphics for PS2 and one of the best graphics on PS2 and this game is scary music and locations . All Silent Hills before Silent Hill Shattered Memories are good , but Silent Hills after Shattered Memories are bad . Silent Hill SM later good game in series . 6/10 . Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    Ever since this game came out I had unfair expectations for it.The reason is probably because original 'Silent Hill' was one of my all time favorites,and I had a lot of good memories attached to it.So when I played through this game,in the end all I felt was genuine disappointment.But recently I've played through game once again and I've realized that it's better than what I took it forEver since this game came out I had unfair expectations for it.The reason is probably because original 'Silent Hill' was one of my all time favorites,and I had a lot of good memories attached to it.So when I played through this game,in the end all I felt was genuine disappointment.But recently I've played through game once again and I've realized that it's better than what I took it for earlier.It may not be horror masterpiece,or even closely scary to previous titles (Silent Hill 2,3),it stills has unique and interesting story,great environments and interesting mechanics.
    STORY:The storyline follows;like in original,man named Harry Mason who was driving with his daughter,and had a car accident.When he woke up,he found her to be missing.And so our game begins.
    GRAPHICS:Overall the game looks good,but not as good as previous 'Silent Hill' games that were released on PlayStation 2.Environments look great,especially when in so-called 'Ice world',and the whole town is well detailed,and looks genuine.
    SOUND:Soundtrack;as always is amazing,as has always been the case with Akira Yamaoka in past 'Silent Hill' games.From atmospheric,ambient music,to end credits it is amazing,and really sticks with you even after you turn off the console.Voice acting is also much better than the original game and is on-par with previous titles.
    GAMEPLAY:It mostly revolves around exploration and solving 'puzzles' so to say.Puzzles are some of THE worst I've seen in any game so far,with few exceptions.When you're not exploring,you're being chased by monster(s),mostly through linear pathway,and these chase sequences are way too easy,not that scary.Talking about scary,the game's biggest fault is that it is a survival horror game,that is not scary in the slightest.While some chase sequences might be bit adrenaline pumped,mostly it doesn't offer genuine scares when compared to previous titles.Also in the game is the unique feature of 'Psychology tests' which you complete between sections of the game.These determine how your character will react to the situation,how environments and characters change,monster design (though they always behave the same) and ending.This similar mechanic has been used in past 'Silent Hill' game(s),most notable being 'Silent Hill 2',though in that game it was more natural and dynamic because you were unaware of your decisions affecting the ending until after you've played it few times.
    Psychology tests are fun mechanic,but done quite sloppy and end credits 'analysis' is not that accurate.
    VERDICT:Overall,the game is fun to play through at least once,solely for the interesting story and few memorable scenes.While it's not quite scary,i'd still recommend to play through at least once.Best advice I can give to anyone playing this game is to not consider it as 'Silent Hill' game because it just isn't in the same league with previous titles.
  3. May 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is solid but the game itself is disappointing in a lot of other ways. First of all, I really would have liked to see the original silent hill remade in a proper way with updated graphics, and this title might kill off that possibility. It's nowhere near as good as the original and has almost nothing to do with it outside of Harry looking for his daughter. Secondly the 'psychological profiling' aspect the devs kept gloating about ended up being very simple and your actions and choices make very little impact on what happens. At most your conversations will pan out slightly differently and ultimately lead to the same conclusion. For a game this short I wanted to see split paths that change the game's outcome a little more than 'you're a drinker... wait no you're a sleazy hobag' The last main thing I don't like is the exclusion of combat. I originally liked the idea of being defenseless and having to run away or hide from monsters, but upon actually playing the game it only reminded me of how important being able to defend yourself was to the earlier games of the series, even though it was never combat heavy. Instead the action is replaced by chase sequences where you have to get from point A to point B, and once in a while you're forced to solve a problem or puzzle before being able to proceed to safety. This works okay I guess but gets old fast and the hiding mechanic doesn't work 80% of the time. However the story is pretty interesting to follow, there are a few really intense moments to be found, and it's fun to explore the game world your first time through. Expand
  4. Dec 31, 2010
    I didn't played any game of SH when i buyed it. It was very good but then i played SH1, 2 and 3 so then it was like, well i think my note say everything i mean.
  5. Jul 18, 2013
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is genuinely unsettling and mysterious, with frighting presentation and disturbing, extremely scary but good game play. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is realistic and absorbing, it is a really frightening experience, with lots of smartness, unpredictability and twisted endings. Unfortunately, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is short to 6 or 7 hours gameSilent Hill: Shattered Memories is genuinely unsettling and mysterious, with frighting presentation and disturbing, extremely scary but good game play. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is realistic and absorbing, it is a really frightening experience, with lots of smartness, unpredictability and twisted endings. Unfortunately, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is short to 6 or 7 hours game play, despite being short which doesn't really matters, it splits into 2 game plays, it is half puzzle and half action, there is puzzles which are hard but smart and tricky, and there is flash light action, and only flash light, no weapons, yes no weapons which is more scarier, when its frozen you just have to run and push the monsters away, which is hard but fun and unpredictable, because monsters are smart and they drag you, appear in front of you, behind you, you could never now. So despite that Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is short on story and plot, it is terrifying as hell mysterious and realistic, with tons of smartness and horrific fun. 96/100 Collapse

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2010
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2010

1. Here's what you will recognize: a convoluted plot involving a missing daughter and rampant, depraved ghosts; frequent switching between the "real" world and a ghastly nightmare realm; and many locked doors with craftily hidden keys.
  2. Shattered Memories was an attempt at doing something different with the Silent Hill series. Unfortunately, just because something is different doesn't mean it's better.
    The PS2 iteration is no slouch, either. It very closely resembles the Wii incarnation and controls well enough with dual-analog sticks that gamers who don't own both systems won't miss the Wii remote. Meanwhile, since the content is otherwise identical, there's great fun to be had.