Sly 2: Band of Thieves PlayStation 2

9.0

1. CarlosL.
    Jul 21, 2007
    Sly Cooper 2 is the BEST GAME in the amazing series. The ability to play as the whole gang was fun especially as Murray. Each character has there specialties Bentley you can place bombs and use sleep darts. Murray is the brawn and is fun just to get in all out brawls with the guards in the levels. While Sly is probably the all around best because you can go anywhere and fight everyone but Sly Cooper 2 is the BEST GAME in the amazing series. The ability to play as the whole gang was fun especially as Murray. Each character has there specialties Bentley you can place bombs and use sleep darts. Murray is the brawn and is fun just to get in all out brawls with the guards in the levels. While Sly is probably the all around best because you can go anywhere and fight everyone but you can't fight as good as Murray. The missions are great every mission is fun and different the inly being the hacking missions. The Episodes or levels start with sly then end with an Operation that use the whole gang doing something like one operationg you do something as Bently then go to Murray then finish with Sly then a boss battle with one of the characters.The graphics in this game work perfectly and are very pretty.The cutscenes are good even the picture ones with narration. This game is better then Ratchet and Jak put together. Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    This is my favorite game of all time to this day. Excellent story, graphics, gameplay, and sandbox elements. This game was a complete blast to playthrough. The characters are very charming and it has a deep story for being a kid's games. I'm 15 and I still enjoy this game A LOT. I highly recommend you get this for the Playstation 2 or Playstation 3!
  3. Jun 4, 2012
    Great characters, a fun plot and very diverse gameplay. The graphical style is nice, boss battles are also great but the game doesn't really know what it wants to be.
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My personal favorite in the series. i remember when i was little seeing it and getting hyper over the idea of finally using Bentley and Murray as well, but i never knew it would end up being the best game ever. The plot is amazing and engaging, the characters are lovable (or hatable in all the right ways), the missions are much more dynamic and fun, it isnt constantly about keys anymore. Definitely recommend getting this amazing game. Expand
  5. K.K.
    Sep 14, 2004
    It's a lot better than the first but still isn't all that good as it gets a bit repetitive.
  6. Feb 29, 2012
    best series ever. Hands down. Very fun gameplay, likeable characters, etc. Whats not to love? Good graphics too. The people who rated it bad, cant get past the boss fights LOL!!!!
  7. Dec 6, 2012
    Es un buen juego de aventuras y plataformas, pero mucho peor que el primero de la saga. Es un juego mucho más largo, pero también mucho más repetitivo. Las misiones se repiten constantemente, recoger objetos una y otra vez. Tiene más escenarios principales que el Sly 1, pero no fases, las misiones consisten en trabajos que tienes que realizar en el mismoEs un buen juego de aventuras y plataformas, pero mucho peor que el primero de la saga. Es un juego mucho más largo, pero también mucho más repetitivo. Las misiones se repiten constantemente, recoger objetos una y otra vez. Tiene más escenarios principales que el Sly 1, pero no fases, las misiones consisten en trabajos que tienes que realizar en el mismo escenario, de forma que los escenarios te acaban aburriendo completamente. Es una forma de ahorrarse trabajo en diseñar niveles y malos secundarios por parte de los señores de Sony que han hecho este juego. Por ello he querido penalizarlo con un 5 raspado. Mucho mejor el Sly 1. Expand
  8. LockneO.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Sly 2 was a great game that kept me interested for hours. Its visuals are outstanding, the story is extremely clever, and the Sly's new moves are awesome. Not as entertaining as the first but still a great game!
  9. IgorS.
    Sep 19, 2004
    BRAVO!!! This was the best game I have played this year. I total surprise. It is about time that someone built a game on the PS2 that looks good, plays good and has some innovation. The open game play was excellent, traversal was actually fun. You were not limited to the ground but had full access to every part of the level. Plus the game is LONG, I have put over 20 hours into the game BRAVO!!! This was the best game I have played this year. I total surprise. It is about time that someone built a game on the PS2 that looks good, plays good and has some innovation. The open game play was excellent, traversal was actually fun. You were not limited to the ground but had full access to every part of the level. Plus the game is LONG, I have put over 20 hours into the game and am only about 75% of the way through. Nice work!! Expand
  10. DannyM.
    Jul 13, 2005
    Really great game good music, awesome moves! nothing in this game is disappointing nothing!
  11. JonnyC.
    Sep 13, 2004
    I love the 1st and 2nd... They're my favorite games.
  12. JohnB.
    Oct 15, 2004
    Outstanding game for those who like platformers. The levels are brilliantly done with lots of eye candy. The controls are spot on. You'll climb ladders, pipes and dash along wires with ease. The gameplay is astounding with an endless array of missions for Sly, Bentley and Murray to perform solo or together as the Band of Thieves. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 10 was Outstanding game for those who like platformers. The levels are brilliantly done with lots of eye candy. The controls are spot on. You'll climb ladders, pipes and dash along wires with ease. The gameplay is astounding with an endless array of missions for Sly, Bentley and Murray to perform solo or together as the Band of Thieves. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 10 was the lack of replayability. There's no bonus at the end...you can't start the game with all of the gadgets, nothing! There's really no reason to go back and re-enter the 8 different levels. Well done Sucker Punch, please bring back Sly and the Gang soon. Expand
  13. JwanaM.
    Great game!
  14. SvenA.
    Sep 19, 2004
    This game is excellent. I completely disagree with K.K. on this one. A matter of fact, what I like most about this game is it does not get repetitive. The game offers a high level of freedom, I think everyone at this point is giving the game props for the freedom and open game play. This is the direct opposite of "repitition". You can basically play the game the way you enjoy, with a lot This game is excellent. I completely disagree with K.K. on this one. A matter of fact, what I like most about this game is it does not get repetitive. The game offers a high level of freedom, I think everyone at this point is giving the game props for the freedom and open game play. This is the direct opposite of "repitition". You can basically play the game the way you enjoy, with a lot of stealth or a lot of combat. The only reason it would be repetitive is if you choose to play the game that way. Every area is different, every world new mechanics are introduced. You can buy new moves. I just got the glider and I am having a blast with it. Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2010
    Quite possibly the best game in the series. The setup is very effective as a sequel and its also the coolest. The character designs are way better than the first one. And the game takes some risks that almost push the "E for Everyone" rating but it all works and it makes the game only more enjoyable. And lastly the final boss battle is straight up awesomeness. The only problem is theQuite possibly the best game in the series. The setup is very effective as a sequel and its also the coolest. The character designs are way better than the first one. And the game takes some risks that almost push the "E for Everyone" rating but it all works and it makes the game only more enjoyable. And lastly the final boss battle is straight up awesomeness. The only problem is the episodes "Jailbreak" and "A Tangled Web" are really dark so its kinda hard to see. But this is a great game Expand
  16. Jan 29, 2013
    If you have not guessed it I love Sly 2 Band of Theives because it gets a lot right. The game expands and enhances the elements from the first game really well. The story and characters are better. The design is restructured and is outstaning. The gameplay is solid and a ton of fun to play. While there are some missions that could have been handled better and I miss the platformingIf you have not guessed it I love Sly 2 Band of Theives because it gets a lot right. The game expands and enhances the elements from the first game really well. The story and characters are better. The design is restructured and is outstaning. The gameplay is solid and a ton of fun to play. While there are some missions that could have been handled better and I miss the platforming segments from the first game overall I enjoy Sly 2. The stuff Sly 2 does well it does really really well. If you are a fan of the series pick it up you Expand
  17. Sep 21, 2010
    This game was awesome! one the elements was that from the start you were really working towards a goal! everything you did had a role in the final big robbery of the stage. those robbery's really had something like a good movie robbery (however, i couldn't find the first sly anywhere so i haven't played the first).
  18. Dec 12, 2011
    2 years later Sucker Punch doubled the length, tripled the characters, improved the music, sound, story and gameplay. Missions are somehow even more varied than the first game, characters somehow 100 times better and it very rarely gets at all repetitive. It is a game that should however be played in small bursts because it can be very frustrating.
  19. Nov 11, 2010
    This game is exceptional. Sucker Punch did an exceptional job making you feel like your a real thief; going around Paris, carefully avoiding guards to get to your next mission. The key system of the first game has changed to exclusive open world sandbox-esque level selection. This game is probably my favorite 3rd person platformer of all time, because each mission if different and theThis game is exceptional. Sucker Punch did an exceptional job making you feel like your a real thief; going around Paris, carefully avoiding guards to get to your next mission. The key system of the first game has changed to exclusive open world sandbox-esque level selection. This game is probably my favorite 3rd person platformer of all time, because each mission if different and the gameplay mechanics are perfectly complimented by the level design. Expand
  20. Feb 8, 2011
    i played the demo on ratchet and clank up your arsenal a while back and got it for my birthday (also a while back) i was amazed and love the graphics. the story is great and character is funny. this is a fun game for anyone.
  21. Aug 27, 2011
    With a lot more features and variety in the gameplay, Sly 2 (even with that) don't beat the classic humorist predecessor . But end of the negativeness, Sly 2 prevails in cartoonish graphics ( improved) and adds a more bigger city to explore that is fun to always circle it. Instant sabotage
  22. May 23, 2011
    GREAT GAME with good graphics a good story but it's a little bit short but the other parts make up for that it's amazingly fun to play you have to by this game now!!
  23. Jul 15, 2011
    A huge improvement from the first Sly game. It's like a cartoony, kid version of Assassin's Creed, but with 3 playable characters and tons of gadgets to buy. While some of the missions can be a little frustrating, the addictive gameplay will keep you from throwing the game in a dark corner. The transitions between episodes are more or less animated comics than videos, but the comedicA huge improvement from the first Sly game. It's like a cartoony, kid version of Assassin's Creed, but with 3 playable characters and tons of gadgets to buy. While some of the missions can be a little frustrating, the addictive gameplay will keep you from throwing the game in a dark corner. The transitions between episodes are more or less animated comics than videos, but the comedic storyline and good voice acting make it worthwhile. Expand
  24. Oct 13, 2011
    my 3d favorite game of all time.(after sly cooper and the thievius racoonus and sly 3 honor among thieves)
    I love everything about this game. The graphics and gameplay are just amazing and the length is perfect. I play this every week at least once. i will never stop playing sly cooper games.
  25. Feb 5, 2012
    Best game in the series, it's a long, deep adventure and it's worth all your time to beat this game. It has a wonderful story and genius gameplay. Worth every cent to pick this game up.
  26. Jul 31, 2012
    Best Sly game. Outstanding game for those who like platformers. The levels are brilliantly done with lots of eye candy. This is very fun game. Art desingn, characters, music and gameplay are very very good.
  27. 4DI
    Nov 23, 2012
    The best in the series. With an awesome script, game mechanic, art style, and presentation. Totally worth more than one play through.
  28. Feb 26, 2013
    Amazing game! This a mixture between Action/Adventure/Platform and Open World. The gameplay is great, and the plot is very nice. Graphically very good, this game gets a full 7, because this is a very funny and nice game.
  29. Nov 21, 2014
    WHAT IS THIS GAME?: You, a raccoon, and your turtle and hippo buddies must go around to different levels (worlds) and complete a bunch of missions so you can collect parts of an evil deceased metallic owl named Clockwork. Each level culminates in a heist and a boss battle.

Pros: -varied missions keep the game fresh and free of monotony. -The game is stealth then platformer then action

Pros:
    -varied missions keep the game fresh and free of monotony.
    -The game is stealth then platformer then action adventure in that order.
    -The character are extra quirky and have more personality than the last game
    -The game is much much much longer this time around. About 20 hours.
    -Each world/level has collectibles, you can pick pocket people for more money, and there are hidden artifacts you can find to get extra money to buy moves.
    -You mostly play as Sly, the raccoon, though there are also Murray (hippo) and Bently (turtle) levels. They each have a different feel but imo Sly's ability to climb around makes traversing the worlds a lot more easier and subsequently it is very relieving to be back using him.

Cons:
    -The boss battles aren't as unique as the first game. Most of them boil down to learning the boss's moves then dodging them and hitting him/her in the back.
    -The voice acting is improved but still at times feels amaturish.

Conclusion: A lot better than the first game. You should try it out.
  30. Nov 12, 2014
    The best game in the series. Combines diverse gameplay mechanics (platforming, stealth, vehicle driving and shooting sections), cartoony graphics and interesting adventures among the world. Stellar presentation included.
    The only downside for me is turret levels. It bugs me operating them in every possible mode.
    The game is a blast and easy platinum if you're playing on PS3.

#12 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#69 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Being able to play as all three members further fleshes out the mission variety - I couldn't tell you the last time I've had so much unadulterated fun playing a game. [Nov 2004, p.126]
  2. Clever, enjoyable, and just plain beautiful, Sly 2 is an enjoyable interactive cartoon for gamers of all ages.
    This is exactly how a sequel should be done, and if there's anything wrong with it, it's only that it makes you wonder how Sucker Punch can possibly make as big a leap with the next game as they did with Sly 2.