8.8

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Sly 3 is by far one of the greatest platformers for the PlayStation 2. The mechanics are simple and easy to get used to, the voice acting is great, the puzzles are orderly set out puzzles accompanied by great and smooth controls. The graphics and the art style is great for a PlayStation 2, and as simple as the game is, it can often pose a great challenge.
  2. Feb 29, 2012
    best series ever. Hands down. Very fun gameplay, likeable characters, etc. Whats not to love? Good graphics too. The people who rated it bad, cant get past the boss fights LOL!!!!
  3. Apr 12, 2013
    Since childhood I have been playing the Sly Cooper games and I loved this one. I liked the new concept of bringing in new characters to complete the greatest heist/mission the gang ever conceived yet relating the plot to Sly's past. I also liked the new usage of vehicles like planes and boats. Boss battles are frustrating and difficult but satisfying once completed. My only complaint isSince childhood I have been playing the Sly Cooper games and I loved this one. I liked the new concept of bringing in new characters to complete the greatest heist/mission the gang ever conceived yet relating the plot to Sly's past. I also liked the new usage of vehicles like planes and boats. Boss battles are frustrating and difficult but satisfying once completed. My only complaint is having to choose the right thing to say during a conversation, I thought that was unnecessary, but all in all I loved the third installment. Even though the games came out years ago I find myself playing them over summer vacation year after year as they are timeless fun for all ages. Expand
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    I actually liked this game the most of the PS2 Sly era,this is one of the best games for the PS2.
    It got everything from Thievius Raccoonus and Band of Thieves,and with the new minigames,it's the best in series (for me at least).
    All in all,this game gets a 9/10.
  5. Nov 20, 2010
    This game cannot match up to the awesomeness of the second one, but it still is a great game. The character designs only get better, the difficulty is raised, the character relationships are really getting tension, and the way the characters develop make you attached to them like in a movie. The problems i had with it though were: The ending, Some of the characters have different voices,This game cannot match up to the awesomeness of the second one, but it still is a great game. The character designs only get better, the difficulty is raised, the character relationships are really getting tension, and the way the characters develop make you attached to them like in a movie. The problems i had with it though were: The ending, Some of the characters have different voices, and it's way too short. But hey, that doesnt take away from the awesomeness. This is one video game series that deserves a movie (CGI though, live-action would be really weird) Expand
  6. Feb 4, 2013
    If you have not guessed by now I enjoy Sly 3. The story while eposidic is still enjoyable and the characters are great as always. The design and gameplay are a mixed bag. There are some additions I love like the Guru, replaying missions, and a lot of variety. At the same time though there are some things I miss from Sly 2 such as a longer game and the clue bottles. However, despite Sly 3’sIf you have not guessed by now I enjoy Sly 3. The story while eposidic is still enjoyable and the characters are great as always. The design and gameplay are a mixed bag. There are some additions I love like the Guru, replaying missions, and a lot of variety. At the same time though there are some things I miss from Sly 2 such as a longer game and the clue bottles. However, despite Sly 3’s flaws it still manages to be an enjoyable game. The gameplay is still a lot of fun and my love from Sly 2 over Sly 3 is more preference. Sly 3, while similar to Sly 2 adds enough new gameplay to make it feel fresh and is a ton of fun to play. If you like Sly 2 play Sly 3 because I think you will enjoy it. I do not know how much you will like Sly 3 in comparison to Sly 2; but I still think you will like it. Sly 3 is a good sequel and a nice way to end the Sly trilogy. Expand
  7. Feb 9, 2011
    ok lets start with the good news the game is independant from the first and very addicting. this game has alot of new touches and twists. the new side characters are a blast great gameplay and all too. the bad news is that the game is not as sneaky you can practically kill anything head to head with sly unlike 2. this game was a little disapointing in that note compared to the 2nd but itok lets start with the good news the game is independant from the first and very addicting. this game has alot of new touches and twists. the new side characters are a blast great gameplay and all too. the bad news is that the game is not as sneaky you can practically kill anything head to head with sly unlike 2. this game was a little disapointing in that note compared to the 2nd but it isn't bad. Expand
  8. May 23, 2011
    This is a great finish to one of the best overall series ever you must buy it all the people are fun to play as especially the guru a must own 10/10!!!
  9. Jul 31, 2012
    Good Sly game like all of them but this one aint so good as the others. This game has it little flaws what you did not find in the other 2 sly games and the story aint so good in this one.
  10. Feb 25, 2013
    My least favorite of the Sly series, personally. I feel like the first, second, and fourth have so much more to offer. The game feels rushed, and the storyline isn't as great as the second. The new gang members are fun but very underdeveloped. Good game otherwise though.
  11. Nov 26, 2013
    Pretty good but sly 2 was very unpredictable the story was a phenomenon and the gameplay is great and it has some replay value sly 3 on the other hand has a good story some replay value compared to sly 2 sly 2 takes the cake for story this game has the best gameplay.
  12. Sep 10, 2014
    Probably the worst game in the series but it is a great game. The graphics are improved, and the boss fights are great. The worlds are fun to explore but the missions are not as fun as in the previous game.
  13. PMG
    Jun 27, 2014
    This is my childhood favorite combining the best from Sly 1 and 2, without most of the shortcomings. The ability to replay misions over Sly 2 was great and the charactar roster was greatly expanded. As for the gameplay it is as good as ever, but now you can sail. I can't tell you how many hours i've spent and coins i've colected on the great sea. Though the campain was shorter than Sly 2This is my childhood favorite combining the best from Sly 1 and 2, without most of the shortcomings. The ability to replay misions over Sly 2 was great and the charactar roster was greatly expanded. As for the gameplay it is as good as ever, but now you can sail. I can't tell you how many hours i've spent and coins i've colected on the great sea. Though the campain was shorter than Sly 2 it still managed to pack quite a punch, get it, get it? Couse it's SuckerPunch and yeah you get it. Expand

1. All in all, this raccoon's game is still fun - no need to call Animal Control just yet. [Nov 2005, p.146]
  2. Though on this, the third time around, the game's template is starting to feel a tad formulaic, it's stil a formula that works well, and fans of the series should be well pleased. [Nov 2005, p.92]
  3. It's safe to say that Sly 3 doesn't expand on the series like Sly 2 did, as it feels more like an add-on adventure than a completely whole game in itself.