8.9

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Sly 3 is by far one of the greatest platformers for the PlayStation 2. The mechanics are simple and easy to get used to, the voice acting is great, the puzzles are orderly set out puzzles accompanied by great and smooth controls. The graphics and the art style is great for a PlayStation 2, and as simple as the game is, it can often pose a great challenge.
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    Since childhood I have been playing the Sly Cooper games and I loved this one. I liked the new concept of bringing in new characters to complete the greatest heist/mission the gang ever conceived yet relating the plot to Sly's past. I also liked the new usage of vehicles like planes and boats. Boss battles are frustrating and difficult but satisfying once completed. My only complaint isSince childhood I have been playing the Sly Cooper games and I loved this one. I liked the new concept of bringing in new characters to complete the greatest heist/mission the gang ever conceived yet relating the plot to Sly's past. I also liked the new usage of vehicles like planes and boats. Boss battles are frustrating and difficult but satisfying once completed. My only complaint is having to choose the right thing to say during a conversation, I thought that was unnecessary, but all in all I loved the third installment. Even though the games came out years ago I find myself playing them over summer vacation year after year as they are timeless fun for all ages. Expand
  3. Jun 30, 2013
    I actually liked this game the most of the PS2 Sly era,this is one of the best games for the PS2.
    It got everything from Thievius Raccoonus and Band of Thieves,and with the new minigames,it's the best in series (for me at least).
    All in all,this game gets a 9/10.
  4. Feb 29, 2012
    best series ever. Hands down. Very fun gameplay, likeable characters, etc. Whats not to love? Good graphics too. The people who rated it bad, cant get past the boss fights LOL!!!!
  5. Mystery
    Aug 26, 2006
    One of the best paltformers on the PS2.
  6. GlenP.
    Oct 14, 2005
    Excellent voice acting, tightly coupled puzzled and great game controls. A difficulty level that is challenging but not frustrating. A rare balance among todays games.
  7. MaryM.
    Jul 8, 2006
    This game has a lot of challenges and has a lot of humor involving destruction not paing attention to the slidshows.The Guro is awsome because you can take over stuff like the dingos with shotguns and smash his head against another dingo. thats the great. Thats why thats why this game is rated a 10.
  8. DaveyC.
    Dec 10, 2005
    I love everything about the game. I really did like playing as the Guru and was very disappointed when he left.
  9. Carlos
    Jul 21, 2007
    The latest in the series falls short of being the better then the amazing second. The problems I had with the game was the plot and characters. The only thing better then the second was getting to play as the panda King and others but only like two missions and you can't even free roam as them which is angering because some of them would be fun to play as. The plot of the story is The latest in the series falls short of being the better then the amazing second. The problems I had with the game was the plot and characters. The only thing better then the second was getting to play as the panda King and others but only like two missions and you can't even free roam as them which is angering because some of them would be fun to play as. The plot of the story is trying to get to the Cooper Vault for Sly's inheritance. The grahics did not get a major upgrade but you can play in 3D which isn't all that great. This is still on its own merits a good game. Expand
  10. May 23, 2011
    This is a great finish to one of the best overall series ever you must buy it all the people are fun to play as especially the guru a must own 10/10!!!
  11. PMG
    Jun 27, 2014
    This is my childhood favorite combining the best from Sly 1 and 2, without most of the shortcomings. The ability to replay misions over Sly 2 was great and the charactar roster was greatly expanded. As for the gameplay it is as good as ever, but now you can sail. I can't tell you how many hours i've spent and coins i've colected on the great sea. Though the campain was shorter than Sly 2This is my childhood favorite combining the best from Sly 1 and 2, without most of the shortcomings. The ability to replay misions over Sly 2 was great and the charactar roster was greatly expanded. As for the gameplay it is as good as ever, but now you can sail. I can't tell you how many hours i've spent and coins i've colected on the great sea. Though the campain was shorter than Sly 2 it still managed to pack quite a punch, get it, get it? Couse it's SuckerPunch and yeah you get it. Expand

1. All in all, this raccoon's game is still fun - no need to call Animal Control just yet. [Nov 2005, p.146]
  2. Though on this, the third time around, the game's template is starting to feel a tad formulaic, it's stil a formula that works well, and fans of the series should be well pleased. [Nov 2005, p.92]
  3. It's safe to say that Sly 3 doesn't expand on the series like Sly 2 did, as it feels more like an add-on adventure than a completely whole game in itself.