8.6

1. Nov 19, 2015
    In my opinion, this Sly Cooper game is the weakest out of the 4. It does have a few frustrating moments, but it is addicting, and it is tempting to get all of the cool moves you can unlock by collecting clue bottles (think the crates from the Crash series, but them being scattered throughout the level, sometimes being hidden well).
  2. Aug 16, 2014
    The platforming levels were really fun but the rest of the stages with a gimmick were a pain to control. The characters however are really funny. The platforming stages are actually too simple. Collecting the bottles to gain powers is pointless as all but 2 or 3 are pointless. So I think this is a rather mediocre game.
  3. Nov 20, 2010
    The first video game i ever played to be honest, as a kid, and I'm a big fan of the game franchise. although it is kinda kiddie there is some action and slick theiving that takes place to keep me interested.
  4. MicahC.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Lastability is wot deeply flawed the game. Stax o' fun while it lasted tho.
  5. Jun 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Sucker Punch did a pretty good job. The idea of a witty, charming, sly, raccoon and his accomplices, a very smart turtle, and a hippo for the getaway driver, was a great concept that has led to 2 other games and 1 in the making. The style of the game is completely different from the other 2 games. This helps make every level a different and fun experience. With 5 different bosses and five completely different locations, this game can hold your attention for a while. From an unknown-ed ocean where a mechanical, but smug frog is creating an endless storm to a volcano where you'll meet your greatest nemesis along with the swamps of Haiti, a ghost town Mesa City, and snowy mountains, the colors of all the levels are vibrant and are filled with interesting enemies. The controls are smooth and there are a variety of moves you can unlock throughout the game. There is honestly nothing I can think of at the moment that would make this a bad game so I will leave you with this. All the way through the game I'm sure you'll grow to like all the characters very much through the interesting story and will want to further your experience with the other 2 that have already come out. Collapse

#9 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#77 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

As polished a platformer as you'll find this year...Its sterling production values accentuate its smooth, sublime gameplay. Heck, even the mini-games are polished.
  2. Represents everything good about gaming. Hands down, the best platform game of 2002.
  3. PSM Magazine
    From the impressive level designs to the brilliant cutscenes, this game delivers in all departments. I just wished that the experienced could have lasted a bit longer. [Dec 2002, p.36]