8.6

1. Nov 20, 2010
    The first video game i ever played to be honest, as a kid, and I'm a big fan of the game franchise. although it is kinda kiddie there is some action and slick theiving that takes place to keep me interested.
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    Overall, Sly Cooper and the Theivious Racconous is a great a game. While the story is basic the characters are all fun and interesting. The gameplay is fantastic. You have some great level designs each one feeling unique fun and fresh. To add more variety are various minigames thrown in, which while eh at times get the game from getting dull or repetitive. The game can get difficult at tiems,w hic is great for gameers who are looking for challenge. On top of that are some great graphics and voice acting. Words cannot describe how great this game is you have to experience it yourself to truly understand what I am saying. If you are a fan of 3D platformers and also like being sneaky then pick up this game. You are sure to love Sly 1 as much as I do, which is a lot. Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2011
    Fabulous game. I immediately fell in love with it the moment I started it for the first time. If only I had discovered it sooner, real shame that I didn't. Spot on with gameplay, music, graphics and story. Missions mix it up a lot and even though it is a bit too traditional it's one of my favourite games of all time.
  4. Apr 11, 2011
    Though it is short, Sly Cooper is an astounding adventure for kids and adults, crafted by an beautiful graphics and visuals, gameplay variety, charismatic characters, and an involving storyline.
  5. Mar 15, 2011
    This game is totally my guilty pleasure. It's really fun and addictive and I love the mini games. It's a simple idea but they made it enjoyable. The graphics are good and the fight moves are so fun. It seems like it could be geared more towards children, but as an adult I thoroughly enjoyed it!
  6. Apr 14, 2012
    I got the game free off the Playstation Network for being a Plus member. I was expecting a poorly designed game that crapped on classic adventure games. I got what I expected.

The only good thing to come of playing this game was it reminded me to go back and replay Banjoe Kazooie. Now THAT was a good adventure game.

Also, the hardest enemy in this game was the Camera. I've never in my
    life played a game where the camera was so utterly bad it took away from the game. Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2011
    Its quite rare to find such a game that is so good. This game has great graphics for this time. The story and plot is great, and the characters are likable and lovable. Plain straight, its ADDICTIVE.
  8. May 6, 2011
    BAH!!! sad for those that dint enjoyed the game, this is total nirvana classic. This is a most own playstation tittle, and it will be remembered as one of the best games out there. Actually, is very simple , cartoon graphics, great humor characters and a well pace on the levels. This shows a landmark on the PS 2 library a most own for children and adults alike. Happy cheers
  9. May 22, 2011
    It's a great game but it's really short and easy but the others are also short but they're better and more fun to play but this one's good too but the enemys are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to easy.
  10. Oct 13, 2011
    My favorite game of all time. I love everything about this game. I love the graphics and the gameplay beats any ratchet and clank or jak. I enjoy the stealth part of the game. The bosses are absolutely amazing but a bit easy. I have beaten this game over 10 times and i can always replay it. It was an amazing childhood game. The clue bottle collecting was a bit challenging and super fun. The master thief sprints are amazing and really challenge even very good platformer gamers. Overall i love sly cooper! Long live the thief!!!!!!!!! Expand
  11. Feb 29, 2012
    best series ever. Hands down. Very fun gameplay, likeable characters, etc. Whats not to love? Good graphics too. The people who rated it bad, cant get past the boss fights LOL!!!!
  12. Jun 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sucker Punch did a pretty good job. The idea of a witty, charming, sly, raccoon and his accomplices, a very smart turtle, and a hippo for the getaway driver, was a great concept that has led to 2 other games and 1 in the making. The style of the game is completely different from the other 2 games. This helps make every level a different and fun experience. With 5 different bosses and five completely different locations, this game can hold your attention for a while. From an unknown-ed ocean where a mechanical, but smug frog is creating an endless storm to a volcano where you'll meet your greatest nemesis along with the swamps of Haiti, a ghost town Mesa City, and snowy mountains, the colors of all the levels are vibrant and are filled with interesting enemies. The controls are smooth and there are a variety of moves you can unlock throughout the game. There is honestly nothing I can think of at the moment that would make this a bad game so I will leave you with this. All the way through the game I'm sure you'll grow to like all the characters very much through the interesting story and will want to further your experience with the other 2 that have already come out. Expand
  13. Jul 31, 2012
    There's a pleasant old-school feel to Thievius Raccoonus; the enemies are merciless but a bit stupid, and the platforming challenges come on strong and ramp up steadily in difficulty as the levels go by.
    The main problem is that just as you're getting into a groove and really enjoying the variety seen throughout the different levels, the game ends.
  14. Nov 17, 2012
    Un juego muy divertido. Buenos gráficos para PS2 y estética atractiva. La historia y los malos finales son simplones e infantiles, aunque es lo propio en estos juegos, ni Mario ni Sonic tienen tramas más adultas. La jugabilidad es muy buena, es sencilla, sólo usas tres botones y siempre los mismos, es muy adictiva. Tiene una enorme variedad de misiones, donde introduce minijuegos de tipo arcade y shooter, entre otros, que hacen que varíe mucho el juego. Expand
  15. Feb 25, 2013
    A nearly perfect game and extremely addicting. It may be short, but this game is still just too good to not play. No game has created such a great mix of platforming and stealth like Sly has. The stealth part of the game gave the developer the ability to use some unique platforming abilities, and they took full advantage of that. In no other platformer can you walk and slide across thin wires or swing across gaps from hooks hanging overhead. An easy recommendation to anybody who likes video games of any kind. Expand
  16. Feb 25, 2013
    Super fun game and one of my favorite games of all time. I like the Sly series more than the Jak Ratchet series. I feel like it's much more underrated compared to those series. I highly recommend you get this game. It's a lot more different than the other 3, it's more of a platformer/collecting game while the others are sandbox games. It is better than Sly 3, if you liked the third you should like this! Expand
  17. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing level design, interesting but simple storyline and dynamic non repetitive gameplay deliver a beautiful experience that justifies the legend that sly cooper is to this date.
    The story is simple after the thievius raccoonus an old thief proffesional book from the sly family gets stealed in different parts is up to sly to recover the five different parts and rebuild the book, even if
    the story seems like just another revenge story it just never feels like such a cliche.
    As soon as you begin the game you will notice the smoothness of the controls and just how challenging the game is without being unfair.
    Each level has the same premise, recover keys, open doors, recover more keys and then open the door that leads to the boss. It sounds repetitive but it never gets old because each level and each section of it is just unique something that for a lot of games has always been a really though challenge to accomplish every single boss and every character in the game is just interesting the game fulfills that curiosity by explaining each of everyones history by beautiful full animated cutscenes, even if they are the bad guys they have a background story that you will have in your mind meanwhile your trying to get to them it just never gets old or repetitive and as i say before is impressive since the gameplay and the story are so simple.
    The only problem that i would have with this game is probably the final boss, even if the ending is so satisfying you just keep wondering who's this guy what makes this guy different from the other guys why is he so special this plot holes as some might call them never ruin the hole experience but they are definitely
    something that need to be said. In conclusion after playing this game you will get the praise that it receives and you will just fell in love with the series as i did, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus deserves every single score and praise that gets as a franchise.
  18. Jan 5, 2014
    A couple days ago, I was attending to important business at my local library. Needless to say, that went well, because I'm awesome quite frankly. Anyways, before leaving, I began to browse the video game section of that same library (no, I'm serious, there's a video game section, ironically). The library currently has plenty of PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, and even Wii U games (despite the Wii U being extremely recent console). I was looking aimlessly for awhile until I found something that caught my attention: the PS2 version of the first Sly Cooper game.
    Well, by now, many of you IGN users should have realized that I am a pretty big Nintendo fan. A lesser known fact about myself is that I actually started gaming on Playstation rather than Nintendo (so, literally the opposite of Colin Moriarty, hehe), specifically: the Playstation 2. Meh, at least home-console wise (the first video game system that I ever gamed on was the GameBoy Advance SP, literally minutes before I played the PS2, but that's a story for another time).
    Anyways, it is somewhat shameful that I admit that before I rented the Sly Cooper game, the only other Sony video game franchise that I had owned/played was Gran Turismo (the third one, to be specific).
    To be honest, I really enjoyed Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, bro. I thought that the graphics looked great for its time, and they still seem to hold up in my opinion. I also believe that the cel-shaded graphics are a nice touch. The game seems pretty easy to get into for a primarily Nintendo gamer such as myself. Sucker Punch outdid themselves on this one bro, and for that, I applause them.
    As for story, well, it reminds me of Kill Bill. Before someone starts spamming that Kill Bill came after the release of this game, hear me out. The story states that a group of people came into his house one day, killed his family and stole his book (the Thievius Raccoonus). Now years later, he's going around the world in a minivan that he probably stole, and beating up all members of that same group to death until he gets his freakin' book back. Sound somewhat familar? Its even got the animated villain intros!
    Oh yeah, some critics claim that this game is too easy. Well a got a few words for yah, THEY ARE FREAKIN' LIARS!! Seriously, what? Sly Cooper dies every time he falls into the water, he dies when he gets hit by an enemy ONCE, and I'm not even going to talk about the freakin' minigames bro! Of course, it could be that I suck at it, but that isn't viable since I managed to eventually beat the game. In all seriousness though, the gameplay reminded me of Crash Bandicoot, one of the many video game franchises that I played during my childhood....Screw you Activision.
    Well bros, overall Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus really exceeded my original expectations, and I look to see if I can get a hold of its sequels. But remember the real lesson here, kids of the world: LIBRARIES ARE GOOD FOR YOU.
  19. Mar 27, 2013

As polished a platformer as you'll find this year...Its sterling production values accentuate its smooth, sublime gameplay. Heck, even the mini-games are polished.
  2. Represents everything good about gaming. Hands down, the best platform game of 2002.
  3. From the impressive level designs to the brilliant cutscenes, this game delivers in all departments. I just wished that the experienced could have lasted a bit longer. [Dec 2002, p.36]