Sniper Elite PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
8.9

1. BrianS.
    Nov 28, 2005
    It was very difficult to give this game even a "6". After all "Sniper Elite" as the name says is not that elite. The camoflauge system is absolutely horrendous. Enemies can see you from over 300 yards away, even though you are a sniper and hidden as best as you possibly can. When I first read about this game on this site, I went out and bought it that very night. I popped it in as soon as It was very difficult to give this game even a "6". After all "Sniper Elite" as the name says is not that elite. The camoflauge system is absolutely horrendous. Enemies can see you from over 300 yards away, even though you are a sniper and hidden as best as you possibly can. When I first read about this game on this site, I went out and bought it that very night. I popped it in as soon as I got home and not even 2 minutes into the game i was realizing what a mistake I had made. $40 to buy as compared to $6 to rent. What a mistake. This game could have been the best third person shooter ever with just a little more forethought by the designers. The scenery and the layout is all done very well and I can even forgive the awkwardness of the controls, but when you are suppossed to be a sniper with stealthy abilities and an enemy can see you no matter how far away you are and can hear you from almost as far, it takes the breath right out of you. The compensating for gravity and windage is a great attribute, but the lack of stealth is un forgiveable. Any of the Socom series has better stelthe to it than this title. So I give it a "6" for the name and idea only and a "4" for over all gameplay. Expand

#89 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#72 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    With four skill levels, awesome co-op multiplay, online play, and a ton of game-modifying options, Sniper Elite belongs on your hit list. [Nov 2005, p.80]
  2. So while Sniper Elite is tense and fairly riveting, it's never exciting or completely satisfying. The game feels like a chore to play through and the concept is just too limited to be truly enjoyable. [PSW]
    If you're prepared for the deliberate nature of its gameplay, Sniper Elite is a rewarding way to fight WWII from the comfort of your couch. Just keep in mind the prerequisite degree of patience.