Sniper Elite PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Oct 18, 2005
  • Also On: PC
9.1

1. Sep 26, 2014
    i loved this game it was a huge thing for me when i was younger. i did not manage to beat it at the time but i loved it it was a load of fun to the point i made it to i just had so much fun learning this game's ways and playing it till the dawns first light when i would pass out. i would totally play it again all these years later
  2. Jimbob
    Aug 7, 2006
    Best Coop i've played on a console. The game offers an endless supply of missions, granted a bit 'samey', in which 2 people can easily progress through.
  3. ChadK.
    Jul 11, 2006
    This game rock very reallistic I love hitting the gernades on ther uniform and watching them blow up .I had some of the best and funny things happen in this game it is one of those hidden gem games that you haer nothing about and turns out to be one of the best great job waiting for #2.
  4. AL
    Dec 29, 2005
    This is a Silent Hunter III of the FPS games. Great story by the developer puts you in the uniform of a NAZI sniper without being on the wrong "side". Graphics and enviroment setting are great. Camo feature is a bit disapointing. Sometimes you expect to be 75% stelthy, but you are only 0% ;(, but once you find the right concelment spot with 75% no enemy can see you even at 20 m (game This is a Silent Hunter III of the FPS games. Great story by the developer puts you in the uniform of a NAZI sniper without being on the wrong "side". Graphics and enviroment setting are great. Camo feature is a bit disapointing. Sometimes you expect to be 75% stelthy, but you are only 0% ;(, but once you find the right concelment spot with 75% no enemy can see you even at 20 m (game "meters"). However, enemy can still hear your shots and they will run towad you or fire and trow granades randomly. Improvments: 1)Even at the hardest setting, the enemy snipers are good but their aim sucks. If you dont move, it will take them several shots before they can even scratch you. This makes the game less intense. Also, there are only few of them in each map. What a waste of the rooftops. 2) The lines on the crosshairs are not accurate, and you will not be able to estimate the elevation by measuring the target hight. 3) If your presence is noticed, enemy can hear your steps no matter how silently you move. Other then those few remarks, the game is the best efort so far. I hope that devs. see the opportunity in this market and come up to something even something better. Expand
  5. BrianS.
    Nov 28, 2005
    It was very difficult to give this game even a "6". After all "Sniper Elite" as the name says is not that elite. The camoflauge system is absolutely horrendous. Enemies can see you from over 300 yards away, even though you are a sniper and hidden as best as you possibly can. When I first read about this game on this site, I went out and bought it that very night. I popped it in as soon as It was very difficult to give this game even a "6". After all "Sniper Elite" as the name says is not that elite. The camoflauge system is absolutely horrendous. Enemies can see you from over 300 yards away, even though you are a sniper and hidden as best as you possibly can. When I first read about this game on this site, I went out and bought it that very night. I popped it in as soon as I got home and not even 2 minutes into the game i was realizing what a mistake I had made. $40 to buy as compared to $6 to rent. What a mistake. This game could have been the best third person shooter ever with just a little more forethought by the designers. The scenery and the layout is all done very well and I can even forgive the awkwardness of the controls, but when you are suppossed to be a sniper with stealthy abilities and an enemy can see you no matter how far away you are and can hear you from almost as far, it takes the breath right out of you. The compensating for gravity and windage is a great attribute, but the lack of stealth is un forgiveable. Any of the Socom series has better stelthe to it than this title. So I give it a "6" for the name and idea only and a "4" for over all gameplay. Expand
  6. Chris
    Nov 20, 2005
    This game is not for those with ADD. However if like something with a little more tactics and strategy rather than a typical run and gun FPS then this is for you. There are enough FPS out there for those who want action, but there should be more games like this one that require steath, tactics and skill. It rocks!
  7. AlvinA.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Awesome game, if you like to snipe, this game is a must have!!!! not balls to the wall blow em up, this one takes stadegy. MUST HAVE.
  8. AlexO.
    Oct 23, 2005
    Original, realistic.
  9. SteveW.
    Oct 19, 2005
    Very good game and original i love the fact this game is based around the sniping element of war because iv played so many games like this that are (like jamie said) based on the grunt , machine guns n rockets ect ect the graphics are great the enemy A.I is good but can be somewhat hard but hey it makes it that more rewarding when you nail them in the head with a nice long range shot andVery good game and original i love the fact this game is based around the sniping element of war because iv played so many games like this that are (like jamie said) based on the grunt , machine guns n rockets ect ect the graphics are great the enemy A.I is good but can be somewhat hard but hey it makes it that more rewarding when you nail them in the head with a nice long range shot and the custom option for levels add's for some truely challenging gameplay! iv not tried this online but the two-player co-op mode is top notch if your a fan of tactical shooters this will not disappoint! Expand
  10. JamieC.
    Oct 17, 2005
    Is has to be one of the best games i've seen for a whlie. Not many games out there play on the sniper aspect of war they mainly go on the "Grunt". This game is going to give the sniper a name unlike another which i not gonna *cough* slient scope *cough cough*. Sniper Elite is gonna be at the top of my hit list of games to buy.
  11. DonH.
    Oct 3, 2005
    I did not play this game all the way through, as I didn't find it enjoyable enough to warrant spending the time required to do so. Player movement feels strange, and weapons other than the sniper rifle seem badly implemented. Given that the camoflage system is unclear at best, the lack of useable automatic weapons is a problem. The graphics are nothing special, often look very bland, I did not play this game all the way through, as I didn't find it enjoyable enough to warrant spending the time required to do so. Player movement feels strange, and weapons other than the sniper rifle seem badly implemented. Given that the camoflage system is unclear at best, the lack of useable automatic weapons is a problem. The graphics are nothing special, often look very bland, and bear very little resemblance to Berlin, with the exception of a few set piece levels based on landmarks such as the Reichstag and the Brandenburg Gate. I certainly doubt that a resident of pre-war Berlin would be able to find his or her way around this recreation, as the developers claimed in several interviews. If you have a PC, then you are much better off with something like Hidden and Dengerous 2. Expand
  12. ShveyLien
    Sep 12, 2005
    I've been waiting for a sniper simulation game as life-like as this, and now namco and rebellion have hit the mark with this one. I've pre-ordered my copy and am waiting for release on sept 28th. Video's and Screens show a very promising game to say the least. Definately going to prove different for the better on FPS Sniper games.

#85 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#76 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    With four skill levels, awesome co-op multiplay, online play, and a ton of game-modifying options, Sniper Elite belongs on your hit list. [Nov 2005, p.80]
  2. So while Sniper Elite is tense and fairly riveting, it's never exciting or completely satisfying. The game feels like a chore to play through and the concept is just too limited to be truly enjoyable. [PSW]
    If you're prepared for the deliberate nature of its gameplay, Sniper Elite is a rewarding way to fight WWII from the comfort of your couch. Just keep in mind the prerequisite degree of patience.