• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 11, 2005
8.8

1. JasonH.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Does it matter how good the game is if the controls suck? The controls are unintuitive and difficult. I like a game that challenges your tactics, not your ability to use a difficult interface - that is just not fun. A bad interface is unforgiveable.
  2. SteveC.
    Oct 19, 2005
    What a let down. Gives me a headache to look at these graphics. Vehicles don't feel natural like Halo. They could have done better.
  3. C.S.
    Oct 15, 2005
    I've owned a Socom game since the day the original Socom was released. I can't believe I'm saying this but this game isn't fun. Take it from me. I would rent this before buying. Graphics are hard to look at.They are maybe a step above the original Tomb Raider. Game play has changed dramatically from S2. Zipper dropped the ball on this one. But then again they made a I've owned a Socom game since the day the original Socom was released. I can't believe I'm saying this but this game isn't fun. Take it from me. I would rent this before buying. Graphics are hard to look at.They are maybe a step above the original Tomb Raider. Game play has changed dramatically from S2. Zipper dropped the ball on this one. But then again they made a game for a system that is on it's last legs. Expand
  4. AlexP.
    Oct 16, 2005
    I got a bad game. My mic will work on single player, socom 2 and everthing besides socom3 online. ive tried everything. im waiting for them to put a patch because a lot of people are haveing the same problem i am.

My favorite online game for the PlayStation 2 thus far. It has an excellent mix of the best elements from "Battlefield" and "Rainbow Six," both of which are games I love. The singleplayer is pretty good this time around as well.
    If you're wondering if it's worth picking up, consider yourself warned if you're a newcomer -- it's a tough nut to crack. If you've been a long-time fan, close this browser window and head to the store.
    The single-player campaign is the best yet in the series.