• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 11, 2005
8.8

1. Oct 27, 2011
    This game is godly. It has large combat with vehicles and small combat with no vehicles giving you the best of both worlds. The only downside is some of the small maps are poorly designed, but most of them are great and so much fun. Very challenging and tactical game modes too.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Just plain fun. I could go on SOCOM bingers for hours at a time online. Tons of maps. Easy to meet new friends online. Too bad the cheaters have to ruin it. RIP SOCOM. I wish my PS3 would play the old PS2 disks. Maybe for kicks Ill pick up another PS2 but Id rather see the original SOCOM games rewritten for PS3.
  3. Oct 27, 2011

My favorite online game for the PlayStation 2 thus far. It has an excellent mix of the best elements from "Battlefield" and "Rainbow Six," both of which are games I love. The singleplayer is pretty good this time around as well.
    If you're wondering if it's worth picking up, consider yourself warned if you're a newcomer -- it's a tough nut to crack. If you've been a long-time fan, close this browser window and head to the store.
    The single-player campaign is the best yet in the series.