SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs PlayStation 2

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 4, 2003
9.0

1. May 27, 2013
    The multiplayer for this game was/is mind-blowing, and, although the campaign was only ok, it is always a game worth playing if you have an ethernet cord and an online adapter as people, including myself, still play this regularly.
  2. Justin
    Nov 6, 2003
    The game is the greatest thing to hit playstation 2's world but the only complaint that i have is the lag. once the lag is gone then u have a 10.
  3. RaymondV.
    Jun 3, 2004
    KEEP THEM COMING!!!
  4. JMfromtheeastsidee
    Oct 26, 2003
    This game will rule ps2 for ever. There is no wrong going in Socom II, and John ur just the stupid guy that gets voted off for cheating. Yea you herrrd. Everyone go out and get Socom II !!!!!!!!
  5. Fakeone
    Jan 18, 2005
    After socom, i only like 3rd person shooters. The best online console shooter ever.
  6. MartyP.
    Jun 28, 2007
    great game, hard to beat
  7. [AEF]Morpheus
    Dec 1, 2003
    Even with the lag i still give it a 10 outa 10. I think they did a great job the lag will be fixed i hope but hey anyways still a super game.
  8. ZACKM.
    Oct 2, 2003
    The first Socom game was the best F-ing game I've ever played, and I've played a lot. Socom 2 I know is gonna kick ass. Keep up the good work "Sony".
  9. MikeC.
    Oct 25, 2003
    if this game is anything like the first one, and im sure from the raves about it, that i will far exceed the first one, than it is an automatic 10, if the scale could go higher, this rating would jump with it....greatest multiplayer mode in any videogame ever...yes that even includes super mario cart for super nintendo..
  10. AlexZ.
    Oct 27, 2003
    The greatest game......ever what else.
  11. JeffJon4s
    Oct 31, 2003
    PERFECT...No Cheaters....PERFECT
  12. E.P.
    Sep 14, 2003
    This game is going 2 rock; the last 1 was good. And no more cheaters!!!!!!!!!!=-D
  13. JeremyG.
    Nov 4, 2003
    This game is the bomb!!! THIS IS THE BEST SIMPSONS GAME EVER!!!!!!!!! There were some cool rides and missions I think that HOMER was so tight in his "UNDERWEAR"!!
  14. JustinT.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This is a great game fun to the bone. Ghost can't even hold a candle to it, which would be X-box's only comeback. New improvents rock, the best one so far that I've noticed is that it takes more to bring someone down (not two hits in the leg!) You will like it, if you don't check your pulse cuz your dead friend!
  15. AnthraxMailbag
    Dec 22, 2003
    This game is amazing. you play the game as a retired cowboy, who was forced to live on the streets of persia after the surviving the cold war of mongolia. You can perform moves such as butslapp!! which stuns your enemy for 1 and a half hours. This gives u time to perform other moves ranging from spine tear !!!! to chest bite. BUTT be aware young mongolians, as ur rage meter fills, u This game is amazing. you play the game as a retired cowboy, who was forced to live on the streets of persia after the surviving the cold war of mongolia. You can perform moves such as butslapp!! which stuns your enemy for 1 and a half hours. This gives u time to perform other moves ranging from spine tear !!!! to chest bite. BUTT be aware young mongolians, as ur rage meter fills, u transform into a 1 norstreled Beaver!!!! who has the ability to perform tail whip. or u can just use guns such as the machine gun. You are sent into places like east peru and north america, (my geography is a bit messy) as u embark on these missions, u must defeat terrorist organisations such as the scouts and the evil bus drivers of south - west peru, who spit acid on u causing ur character to be stunned for one and a half hours. Now i must go to the mosque and ask forgiveness of my god as i have told many lies in the last 60seconds Expand
  16. Lt.jimD.
    Oct 25, 2003
    The first socom was and still is the best game on ps2 until socom2 comes out i give it a 10.
  17. BigDog
    Oct 25, 2003
    I don't know why johns complaining about no glitches i guess he's a little cheater himself. Oh well this game will be one to remember!!!!
  18. CFC-YfCBrother
    Oct 27, 2003
    This game can be game of the year
  19. DukeNukem
    Oct 31, 2003
    The best game i've seen in a long time. It will own all other games for a long time. It is like Vice City all over again.
  20. JoeyS.
    Feb 7, 2004
    This game is one of the best games i played... the only cheat i have found is that u can push r3 to get more ammo only works for awhile but works good when u really need it socom is way easier than socom 2 but i dont know which is better i recomend everyone to play them both.
  21. SGTPARKER24
    Mar 21, 2004
    This game is awesome i can't get off of it for i sec.
  22. Andrew133
    Mar 3, 2004
    Looks good plays better.
  23. HowardD.
    Nov 13, 2003
    It is really ubeliveable they just keep getting better and better. This is the SHIZNIT!!!!! BlazinDawg
  24. HowardD.
    Nov 13, 2003
  25. NickP.
    Nov 18, 2003
    This has to one of the most realistic games ever. If you are a fan of war or strategy games you got to try this.
    Oct 19, 2003
    This game will rule all!!! Best online game for PS2 hands down. Sooo much better that the original and that gam rules...cant wait for this 1..no more cheaters either...im countin down the days...
  27. LucasA.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game game is sick you. ---Lucas
  28. RyanS.
    Oct 29, 2003
    This game will probably i mean will be the best game to hit the playstation 2 or any other system. the first one kicked so i think the second one will be great. SOCOM II BABY
  29. NickF.
    Oct 29, 2003
    I am a Beta Tester for Socom II. I've been playing it for about a month and a half now. Yes there are some issues with the beta...but according to Sony and Zipper interactive they have been worked out. I do get booted quite often, there are some bugs, and some new weapons issues...however, they have all been fixed. Even with these old problems on the Beta I still play it every single I am a Beta Tester for Socom II. I've been playing it for about a month and a half now. Yes there are some issues with the beta...but according to Sony and Zipper interactive they have been worked out. I do get booted quite often, there are some bugs, and some new weapons issues...however, they have all been fixed. Even with these old problems on the Beta I still play it every single day. Go out now and preorder Socom II. If you even remotely enjoyed the first Socom you will love this one. Just don't buy it expecting it to be Socom with new maps...it has changed...but for the better!!! Expand
  30. Cpt.Snipe
    Feb 12, 2004
    Beautiful game... no glitches well none like in SOCOM 1 and r3 only chnages ur clip, it doesn;t give u more ammo...lol DUH! ne1 wanna add me online... add Certain Death orrr my new name... Cpt Snipe
  31. Jomama
    Mar 24, 2004
    The best game ever made... period.
  32. RaphaelR.
    Apr 15, 2004
    I can't say this game is perfect but it is a lot better than the first one in every way. No other game in the same genre can beat this game. This game is a lot better than Any Medal of Honor game ,dessert storm, rainbow six 3,half-life,halo, and any other game out there in which you have to work as a team. I must say Sony And Zipper Interactive did a really good job in making this I can't say this game is perfect but it is a lot better than the first one in every way. No other game in the same genre can beat this game. This game is a lot better than Any Medal of Honor game ,dessert storm, rainbow six 3,half-life,halo, and any other game out there in which you have to work as a team. I must say Sony And Zipper Interactive did a really good job in making this game and in making the first one Thanks alot. Collapse
  33. BrotherPhinny
    May 15, 2004
    Great Game ......Not better than Halo though!!!! Tooo many GLITCHES FIX IT!!!
  34. Weeman
    May 22, 2004
    I love this game its the best playing online with other players its awsome BEST GAME EVER I SWEAR NO LIE.
  35. DavidC.
    Dec 11, 2003
    The online gaming is so awesome. i can't seem to put the controller down once i'm online. Way to addictive, i have no life anymore.
  36. ThomasT.
    Dec 23, 2003
    One of the greatest games in the world!
  37. Dec 11, 2013
    Many SOCOM fans declared this game to be the best of the series. Having only played this and the first one, however, I really can't tell. But, wow, this game was and is still awesome. The campaign is now less linear and the AI for both sides are improved. Another feature which I loved is bonus objectives. These are hidden objectives which can only be discovered after completing them, soMany SOCOM fans declared this game to be the best of the series. Having only played this and the first one, however, I really can't tell. But, wow, this game was and is still awesome. The campaign is now less linear and the AI for both sides are improved. Another feature which I loved is bonus objectives. These are hidden objectives which can only be discovered after completing them, so you really have to experiment and explore a lot to discover them, like finding maps, or sabotaging vehicles. Usually, when you finish a bonus objective, it makes the next mission easier. I feet quite rewarded.

There is online play and it IS awesome. Why did I use present-tense you say? After all, aren't the servers shutdown? Yes, the official servers are down, but online play is still possible using LAN tunneling with Xlink Kai. And there is quite a number of people in the community there. You just need to discuss on a time to meet.

The developer of this game has started his own studio and is making a spiritual successor to SOCOM; it's called H-Hour. You better check it out!
  38. Jun 20, 2013
    Loved it almost flawless,perfect game for anyone who likes commanding men. Very realistic that's the best part about it. Love the wepon loadout so many choices.
  39. Nov 4, 2014
    This is probably the best game made for the PS2 era. This is what a Third Person Shooter should be like. I played this game so much and it never got boring. The only downside is that now with Sony taking the ps2 servers offline you have to do other stuff in order to still play it online. I'm sure I may try this sooner or later, but I'm really curious how many people actually still play itThis is probably the best game made for the PS2 era. This is what a Third Person Shooter should be like. I played this game so much and it never got boring. The only downside is that now with Sony taking the ps2 servers offline you have to do other stuff in order to still play it online. I'm sure I may try this sooner or later, but I'm really curious how many people actually still play it online. It's a great game and will go down in history as one of the greatest in the PS2 era. Expand
  40. Feb 3, 2015
    I played the game as of 2015 after having it bought used several years ago. I'm not playing many shooters at the moment but SOCOM 2 sort of got me ahead mentally and confirmed some of my prejudices concerning weapons an military kind of stuff i had in real life. In the game you have singleplayer campaign mode and a multiplayer skirmish mode and the ability to equip 4 soldiers and toI played the game as of 2015 after having it bought used several years ago. I'm not playing many shooters at the moment but SOCOM 2 sort of got me ahead mentally and confirmed some of my prejudices concerning weapons an military kind of stuff i had in real life. In the game you have singleplayer campaign mode and a multiplayer skirmish mode and the ability to equip 4 soldiers and to command them while fighting first person or over the shoulder view. At least with the version I own the single player campaign isn't fully scripted but calculates what happens by chance and based on the fact if you carry explosives and want to use them (then the enemies do as well). So no 2 single player games are the same and the enemies appear with different weaponry and at different place throughout the campaign. I think the game is a strong buy at the moment. My opinion (as confirmed by this game) is as follows: First: It doesn't help to be stealth. If you can acquire a superior and more accurate weapon you can fire fully automatic and have more range and "punch" then its a better choice compared to a silenced one. You may be spotted more earlier but this want hurt you because you can kill everybody before you get in their range so 1 or 2 enemies more don't make a difference. Also: People will know you are there if you kill some of them in reality. Even with silencers. In the game you get always silenced weapons by default but you can change that in the inventory. Second: Tactics boil down to sending your team ahead and killing every enemy you come across from the back while your team does the rest. That's true in Socom and in real life imo. Third: 9 mm guns are inferior weapons and inferior weapons are no weapons at all. In the game that means, you can kill as many people with 9mm guns as you want if you have assault rifles and body armor and don't get in their range. Just like in real life. In several mission you fight enemies who are badly equipped and field only 9mm guns because the don't get rifles by their leaders. All of them will die. So don't mess with opponents who have superior weaponry in real life. Socom teaches you that. Fourth: Helicopters kill you. They may not kill your team, but they will kill you every time you come across them. Also you can't shoot them down, because they will always be out of range of your rifle or too strong. So try to hide and don't attack them out of stupidity. The same is true for tanks. If you don't have anti-tank weapons avoid them. Fifth: Most probably you are not going to find the bomb someone tries to blow up stuff with in the first place if nobody marks it for you on the map but get killed by it or somebody you bump into while searching for it. That's true in the game and in reality. Comparing SOCOM II to other tactical shooters and having played the operation flash points, call of duty and the metal gear solid games I think SOCOM II is more realistic. You can also pit the fn90 vs. an m14 which is quite interesting, since the m14 still wins because of its higher range. I think this is also true in real life, which sort of shows the shortcoming of a personal defense weapon (small and comfortable to carry but not strong enough if you need it), but I did not verify if the fn90 is portrayed correctly in the game. Expand

#24 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#21 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Singleplayer, SOCOM 2 offers about 15 – 20 hours of gameplay – however the hours online are endless.
  2. Completely overshadows its predecessor in every single way.
  3. And speaking of landscapes, the game's graphics are breathtaking, thicker foliage, clean sight lines and better camouflage for the characters. A beautiful looking game.