9.1

1. Dec 11, 2013
    Many SOCOM fans declared this game to be the best of the series. Having only played this and the first one, however, I really can't tell. But, wow, this game was and is still awesome. The campaign is now less linear and the AI for both sides are improved. Another feature which I loved is bonus objectives. These are hidden objectives which can only be discovered after completing them, so you really have to experiment and explore a lot to discover them, like finding maps, or sabotaging vehicles. Usually, when you finish a bonus objective, it makes the next mission easier. I feet quite rewarded.

There is online play and it IS awesome. Why did I use present-tense you say? After all, aren't the servers shutdown? Yes, the official servers are down, but online play is still possible using LAN tunneling with Xlink Kai. And there is quite a number of people in the community there. You just need to discuss on a time to meet.

The developer of this game has started his own studio and is making a spiritual successor to SOCOM; it's called H-Hour. You better check it out!
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    Loved it almost flawless,perfect game for anyone who likes commanding men. Very realistic that's the best part about it. Love the wepon loadout so many choices.
  3. May 27, 2013
    The multiplayer for this game was/is mind-blowing, and, although the campaign was only ok, it is always a game worth playing if you have an ethernet cord and an online adapter as people, including myself, still play this regularly.
  4. Jun 8, 2011
    This game nowadays is crap do to the fact that there is no longer multiplayer, and the campaign is lame, the story however is better this time around, but in the end it's just more of the first game, I can't recommend this game, you can safely avoid.

Singleplayer, SOCOM 2 offers about 15 – 20 hours of gameplay – however the hours online are endless.
  2. Completely overshadows its predecessor in every single way.
  3. And speaking of landscapes, the game's graphics are breathtaking, thicker foliage, clean sight lines and better camouflage for the characters. A beautiful looking game.