• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Aug 27, 2002
7.9

1. Aug 2, 2013
    This is where the great SOCOM series started. It's dirt cheap nowadays so pick this one for your PS2. Even if the online is dead, the singleplayer is quite tense and deep. I hope Sony re-releases this on the PSN as part of an HD collection.
  2. Apr 18, 2013
    Excuse me Are you serious?! People here need to give inteligable, honest reviews and if they dont like the game, tell specifically why! Im speaking of course to the user who put nothing but IT SUCKS on the review. GROW UP!
  3. Jun 8, 2011
    This might have been fun when it came out do to the multiplayer, but now days it sucks, the campaign's story sucked, that is if it even had a story I honestly can't remember if it had one, it had the ability to be a great 3rd person run and gun shooter, but instead they made it a crappy stealth game where the A.I. is either completely oblivious to the fact that your there, or are instantly alerted the second when you make a move, the multiplayer was fun, but it's dead now, I honestly can't recommend this game to anyone at all, skip at all costs. Expand
  4. May 2, 2011
    Without a shred of doubt, the greatest game I have ever played. There's never been anything that can compare. I'll never forget how much fun I've had with this game, just as much as I'll never forget how much it socially crippled me. This game became a drug. Therein, deemed as Socrack.
  5. Apr 18, 2013

1. It’s easily said that SOCOM is the best console based tactical shooter ever, and it wins that throne quite handedly.
    After playing online, say goodbye to your social life, and also the 12 mission single-player attempt.
  3. One of the greatest features of this game, by far, the headset lets you tell your computer-controlled teammates exactly what to do...makes SOCOM such an innovative title. [Oct 2002, p.28]