SoulCalibur II PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Aug 27, 2003
8.8

1. AdamL.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Awesome graphics and sound. The fighting is kind of disappointing, though. It lacks depth in the fighting styles because of the way the throws are set up. The combos are also pretty basic and repetitive. Great for multiplayer. Cool game but the DOA or Tekken series' are definately better head to head figting games.
  2. MisterFist
    Aug 18, 2003
    Overly hyped. Doesn't offer as much sheer entertainment as Tekken TT or as much depth and intricacies as VF4Evo. Good game, nonetheless, but isn't really as "genre-defining" as it was hyped to be.
  3. Someone
    Sep 7, 2003
    I've rented it and, after a few days, felt that it got old. It's good, but I think it's best as a multiplayer party game but overly repetitive in single player. Although at least one character had me laughing.
  4. MysteryMan
    Nov 13, 2003
    Okay game.. Enjoyable only for a while. Recommend as a rent game.

#28 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. netjak
    You may be pensively looking over at other games and wonder why SC2 skimped on all of those luscious features. I don't understand it all either, but that doesn't stop me from proclaiming this as the best 3D fighter I've played to date. [Import]
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Never mind that it's one of the best fighters ever made - it's one of the best games ever made... Brilliant. It's one of those extremely rare games that screams perfection. [Sept 2003, p.94]
  3. You've seldom seen an interface as polished as this one.