SoulCalibur II PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Aug 27, 2003
8.8

1. Apr 24, 2015
    Probably spent too much time on this game, as everyone here... But what a game! No needs to say more I guess, SoulCalibur 2 is probably one of the best game from the serie!
  2. Sep 30, 2014
    Simply the best fighting game ever created. Perfect gameplay and great visuals blend together to make a truly unique experience. But most importantly - it's great fun. Pick this up if you can find it.
  3. May 20, 2014
    This is my favorite fighting game of all time despite that it didn't improve much over is revolutionary predecessor, it's story is brief while the are two repetitive arcades and way more content than the original because of the weapon master mode campaign. The graphics are excellent just like the original, more places to fight but barely anything new combos except for the new comers ofThis is my favorite fighting game of all time despite that it didn't improve much over is revolutionary predecessor, it's story is brief while the are two repetitive arcades and way more content than the original because of the weapon master mode campaign. The graphics are excellent just like the original, more places to fight but barely anything new combos except for the new comers of the game. No on-line but why I have to complain about the on-line to a fighting game is still the same impact. My review 9.222. Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Soul Calibur II is not such a good game that could be. Although it has a lot of character and pretty good graphics (music too) but the combat system has been done on average. It reminds me of a combination of KOF and Tekken. People who played in the given game just may have the same feeling as me. And because I'm a big fan of Tekken glad I view Heichachi and Yoshimitsu. In Soulcalibur II, I like it too that each character has an alternate costume. In this fighting game does not have too many characters but you can bring them some good combos.According to me, the game was too expensive on release 65 USD). Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2012
    Some how this game has toppled it's previous installments and came out on top. A fantastic fighting game perfect for hardcore fans and first time players. The addition of Tekken's Heihachi Mishima is a treat all by it's self.
  6. Apr 2, 2012
    SoulCalibur II is nearly perfect. The characters are unique, the fighting system shows effort, there's plenty modes to play, and the game itself is extremely addicting. The character models and evironments could take a little more work, but this definately deserves to be a part of anyone's collection.
  7. Jul 21, 2011
    Its freaking SOUL CALIBUR II and its out on EVERYTHING. Its really more of the same and thats not a bad thing at all. However, with an extended character list comes problems- cloned moves, unbalanced characters and repetitive combat. Outside of that its so chalk full of "STUFF" to do its hard to believe. The storyline is bonkers, but who cares? We didn't get Soul Calibur to talk aboutIts freaking SOUL CALIBUR II and its out on EVERYTHING. Its really more of the same and thats not a bad thing at all. However, with an extended character list comes problems- cloned moves, unbalanced characters and repetitive combat. Outside of that its so chalk full of "STUFF" to do its hard to believe. The storyline is bonkers, but who cares? We didn't get Soul Calibur to talk about its meaningful characters and its rich nuances layered between its deeply woven storyline or complex characters. We got it so we can be a guy with a stick thats 80 feet long and can hit you from half the stage away. We got it so we could be a dude who is nearly 8 feet tall in BDSM gear with scissors on his hands who does goofy gymnastic moves all around his enemies. Either way its solid and although the extra characters included on all the consoles were a bit pointless (I'm looking at you Link) it managed to upset its origins and proudly age very gracefully. Even by todays standards it beats its mutated deranged step son Soul Calibur IV pretty hard in the actual "game" not "crap" department. Expand
  8. Jun 22, 2011
    One of the best DC games ever get one of the best fighting game sequels to date. Pros: Excellent graphics, sound, and control; likable characters; lots of easy-to-learn combos; lots of single-player and multiplayer modes. Cons: No online play; Heihachi is the worst of the trio's exclusive characters.
  9. Jun 4, 2011
    It doesn't have Link, but it's still the same game with easier control. Pros: Beautiful graphics; variety of characters and weapons; variety of modes; Weapon Master; the best controls. Cons: Lack of unlockable characters and content; Heihachi doesn't quite fit in.
  10. Apr 23, 2011
    Though it doesn't have Link, the PS2 version of Soulcalibur II is by far the slickest of the bunch. Pros: Beautiful graphics and level design; variety of characters, weapons, and throws; unlockables; slickest controls in a fighting game. Cons: Limited amount of stages and unlockable characters; no online play.
  11. BryanM.
    Nov 21, 2006
    If you like number 1 you got to get this game. It is even better then soul Calibur III. Three words, get it now! It has ok graphics, great sound and the controls are great and has a lot more charters then the first one.
  12. I.Lynch
    Mar 25, 2006
    The best fighter since street fighter 2. But if you have the choice, get it on gamecube. the controllers are easier and slightly more fluid.
  13. AdamC.
    Feb 27, 2006
    Briliant just lacks the part of making things clear and not allowing us to unlock inferno grounds us to a limited acess so to speak but only major little things that the game lacks but i still ove it all the same!
  14. EdB.
    Aug 10, 2005
    Best fighting game ever. Virtual fighter is also awesome. Dont let the button crunching fool you you can learn awesome combos.
  15. GreggH.
    Aug 7, 2004
    Great game with great physics and characters. Love the hardcore girl fights. Wow! My only complaint is the cheesy commentaries, but a small price to pay for this excellent fighting game.
  16. CharlieS.
    Aug 5, 2004
    This game offers alot of figting action with sounds of high realism. Weapons are both realist and magical and the bad thing about this game is there is nothing bad!
  17. MarioM.
    May 2, 2004
    Brilliant fighting game.
  18. JavierA.
    Dec 14, 2003
    Excellent game, the kind of game you'll play every day and never get tired, i still was specting a little bit more in graphics!
  19. MaxR.
    Dec 11, 2003
    SC2 has great graffics and amazings detial on the caracters clothes and it is a great hit for all the fitting game lovers.
  20. AdamL.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Awesome graphics and sound. The fighting is kind of disappointing, though. It lacks depth in the fighting styles because of the way the throws are set up. The combos are also pretty basic and repetitive. Great for multiplayer. Cool game but the DOA or Tekken series' are definately better head to head figting games.
  21. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    Really good game but not a game if u want to hear a good story because the story line in this game sucks but the figting is good and it is much better then any other fighting game like tekken and mortal combat.
  22. MysteryMan
    Nov 13, 2003
    Okay game.. Enjoyable only for a while. Recommend as a rent game.
  23. Mathias
    Nov 8, 2003
    A milestone in video game history. The first version on the now defunct Dreamcast made people strictly buy that console, soley for that game, I did. Now finally, the masses get to experience it in all it's glory and then some. However, with such bad ass characters as Astaroth, Nightmare and the new McFalane designed Necrid, Link with his butterfly net seems a little out of place, if A milestone in video game history. The first version on the now defunct Dreamcast made people strictly buy that console, soley for that game, I did. Now finally, the masses get to experience it in all it's glory and then some. However, with such bad ass characters as Astaroth, Nightmare and the new McFalane designed Necrid, Link with his butterfly net seems a little out of place, if not just lame. Expand
  24. Ravan
    Oct 22, 2003
    Many of my friends had told me how awesome this game was and was for the first 30 seconds I continued on though hoping that farther you got the better it would get but sadly it didn't. The music is bland and not half as good as Guilty Gear X2 and the story is bland and unattractive. The weapon system is a good idea but not when the better weapon is just the more expensive one, I mean Many of my friends had told me how awesome this game was and was for the first 30 seconds I continued on though hoping that farther you got the better it would get but sadly it didn't. The music is bland and not half as good as Guilty Gear X2 and the story is bland and unattractive. The weapon system is a good idea but not when the better weapon is just the more expensive one, I mean lame. So if you want a fighting game go pick up Guilty Gear X2 or if you like 3D more go get Tekken 4. Expand
  25. MichaelE.
    Oct 8, 2003
    I think this game is awesome!!!!!
  26. TomG.
    Oct 7, 2003
    Although not much of an innovation to Soul Calibur that Soul Calibur was to Soul Blade, this game is absolutely awesome.
  27. MattP.
    Oct 2, 2003
    Absolutely awesome! The looks, sound, gameplay are all perfect. I've been a Virtua Fighter veteran for years but this is my new fav beat 'em up. Easily one of my top 10 all time favs!
  28. TommyK.
    Oct 1, 2003
    This game is what you refer to as "Perfect" The non stop gathering of new persons, weapons, and other extras is magnificent, but what really gives me a 10- feeling is the magnificent gameplay. Other fighting games could really learn from Soul Calibur 2.
  29. MikeS.
    Sep 26, 2003
    I just saw the game 1 day and fell in love all over again.
  30. Lane
    Sep 23, 2003
    This game is so fun! I love tring to get all the secrets and its fun to play with your friends. Great Game!

#30 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. netjak
    You may be pensively looking over at other games and wonder why SC2 skimped on all of those luscious features. I don't understand it all either, but that doesn't stop me from proclaiming this as the best 3D fighter I've played to date. [Import]
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Never mind that it's one of the best fighters ever made - it's one of the best games ever made... Brilliant. It's one of those extremely rare games that screams perfection. [Sept 2003, p.94]
  3. You've seldom seen an interface as polished as this one.