• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Aug 27, 2003
8.7

1. Apr 23, 2011
    Though it doesn't have Link, the PS2 version of Soulcalibur II is by far the slickest of the bunch. Pros: Beautiful graphics and level design; variety of characters, weapons, and throws; unlockables; slickest controls in a fighting game. Cons: Limited amount of stages and unlockable characters; no online play.
  2. Jun 4, 2011
    It doesn't have Link, but it's still the same game with easier control. Pros: Beautiful graphics; variety of characters and weapons; variety of modes; Weapon Master; the best controls. Cons: Lack of unlockable characters and content; Heihachi doesn't quite fit in.
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    One of the best DC games ever get one of the best fighting game sequels to date. Pros: Excellent graphics, sound, and control; likable characters; lots of easy-to-learn combos; lots of single-player and multiplayer modes. Cons: No online play; Heihachi is the worst of the trio's exclusive characters.
  4. Jul 21, 2011
    Its freaking SOUL CALIBUR II and its out on EVERYTHING. Its really more of the same and thats not a bad thing at all. However, with an extended character list comes problems- cloned moves, unbalanced characters and repetitive combat. Outside of that its so chalk full of "STUFF" to do its hard to believe. The storyline is bonkers, but who cares? We didn't get Soul Calibur to talk about its meaningful characters and its rich nuances layered between its deeply woven storyline or complex characters. We got it so we can be a guy with a stick thats 80 feet long and can hit you from half the stage away. We got it so we could be a dude who is nearly 8 feet tall in BDSM gear with scissors on his hands who does goofy gymnastic moves all around his enemies. Either way its solid and although the extra characters included on all the consoles were a bit pointless (I'm looking at you Link) it managed to upset its origins and proudly age very gracefully. Even by todays standards it beats its mutated deranged step son Soul Calibur IV pretty hard in the actual "game" not "crap" department. Expand
  5. Apr 2, 2012
    SoulCalibur II is nearly perfect. The characters are unique, the fighting system shows effort, there's plenty modes to play, and the game itself is extremely addicting. The character models and evironments could take a little more work, but this definately deserves to be a part of anyone's collection.
  6. Jun 22, 2012
    Some how this game has toppled it's previous installments and came out on top. A fantastic fighting game perfect for hardcore fans and first time players. The addition of Tekken's Heihachi Mishima is a treat all by it's self.
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Soul Calibur II is not such a good game that could be. Although it has a lot of character and pretty good graphics (music too) but the combat system has been done on average. It reminds me of a combination of KOF and Tekken. People who played in the given game just may have the same feeling as me. And because I'm a big fan of Tekken glad I view Heichachi and Yoshimitsu. In Soulcalibur II, I like it too that each character has an alternate costume. In this fighting game does not have too many characters but you can bring them some good combos.According to me, the game was too expensive on release 65 USD). Expand

You may be pensively looking over at other games and wonder why SC2 skimped on all of those luscious features. I don't understand it all either, but that doesn't stop me from proclaiming this as the best 3D fighter I've played to date. [Import]
  2. Never mind that it's one of the best fighters ever made - it's one of the best games ever made... Brilliant. It's one of those extremely rare games that screams perfection. [Sept 2003, p.94]
  3. You've seldom seen an interface as polished as this one.