Spartan: Total Warrior PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 25, 2005
8.3

1. Mar 18, 2014
    This game is by far the best game that came ever out on the ps2, lots of actions and challenging missions, THEY NEED TO DO A REMAKE FOR PS4 !! Creative Assembly !!
  2. TariqW.
    Oct 25, 2005
    Just don't listen to the critics. Buy this game even if you didn't like Dynasty Warriors or GOW!
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    When I was younger around 6th or 7th grade. I played this game for a very long time. I might haVE HAD OVER 1000+ HOURS. This and Shadow of Rome.

I also played and still do play, ALL of the Total War games ever made. Even, "'War Warlord" and Viking. Much love to C.A. I trust you'll never release a game in such a mess like you did with Rome: Total War 2 ever again. I hope you've

I trust you'll never release a game in such a mess like you did with Rome: Total War 2 ever again. I hope you've learned your lesson people are mad redeem yourselves.
  4. ANTONYK.
    Oct 10, 2005
    I really like this game,set the difficulty to "veteran" and prepare for a challenge,the action is relentless and exhaustive,so rewards are more sweet-I nearly was in tears trying to kill Crassus-Brilliant!!
  5. JohnC.
    Aug 17, 2005
    I like how ur able to control 1 guy instead of the entire army but the rest of the army is still their controlled by the game itself. Its nothing like the PC series.
  6. leecowell
    Oct 23, 2005
    this game is gret no changing my mind ever the moves graphics and well everyting is great
  7. HayleyC.
    Oct 23, 2005
    Oh my god this game is amazing.
  8. AnthonyC.
    Oct 9, 2005
    This game is really good for people who like alot of blood in there games this is the one its a non stop action game its a must have.
  9. Anotherknight
    Jan 30, 2006
    i first rated the game 9 and because of silly people rating the game 1,2 etc i rate it the maximum ,do people really want shallow easy games with no effort,come on the strategy is in the different opponents.
  10. efeb.
    Jul 3, 2006
    At points it seems like there are ants crawling on your tv screen and it makes you dizzy, and other times you just wanna play till you die because its just fun. this is kind of either love or hate game, because its core value being simply addictive, and if you don't become and addict in the first hour of play...there is little hope you are gonna continue. i presume older gamers who At points it seems like there are ants crawling on your tv screen and it makes you dizzy, and other times you just wanna play till you die because its just fun. this is kind of either love or hate game, because its core value being simply addictive, and if you don't become and addict in the first hour of play...there is little hope you are gonna continue. i presume older gamers who were alive and well back in the 1980's love this more than the younger generation; because spartan kind of feels like a coin-op shoot em up. quick trigger finger more than brains is needed...and no im not putting the game down, just the opposite...this thing is FUN. thats what games should be, total immersion and insane amount of things to do. Expand
  11. RedBaron
    Sep 7, 2008
    A truly unique action strategy game. This game flows like all great games should, and as the difficulty ramps up, you'll find yourself rising to the occasion. It's addictive in the "I'll get you THIS time!" sense.
  12. D.Kay
    Nov 29, 2009
    This is by far one of the best examples of a hack-and-slash that requires you to use your brain and not just button mash. People may complain about it being too hard or that there is no strategy element. Well, true, the game may be challenging, but it that not what makes a game? And if it's too hard, lower the difficulty rating. At first glance, yes, this may appear as yet another This is by far one of the best examples of a hack-and-slash that requires you to use your brain and not just button mash. People may complain about it being too hard or that there is no strategy element. Well, true, the game may be challenging, but it that not what makes a game? And if it's too hard, lower the difficulty rating. At first glance, yes, this may appear as yet another hack-and-slash game, but if you play through it and use all of the options at your disposal during combat, you'll discover that there actually is a tactical side to battles and not just button spamming. Expand
  13. MJR
    Apr 29, 2011
    I loved this game. I spent hours playing it simply because it was fun. Is it the greatest game ever? No, not even close. But that doesn't matter because it plays well and is a lot of fun. It takes away the constant grind of just hacking and slashing by giving a huge variety of weapons and special powers without being overwhelming and it has good objectives which are fun to accomplish.I loved this game. I spent hours playing it simply because it was fun. Is it the greatest game ever? No, not even close. But that doesn't matter because it plays well and is a lot of fun. It takes away the constant grind of just hacking and slashing by giving a huge variety of weapons and special powers without being overwhelming and it has good objectives which are fun to accomplish. Speaking of which I think I'm going to go and set it up right now. Expand
  14. Dec 30, 2014
    great game, lot's of action challenging missions great story, simply one of the best games made for the ps2 |

1. The problem with the game, though, is being the only soldier in an army of thousands who's able to do the most basic things - open doors, light fuses, fire arrows. It gets old extremely fast. [Nov 2005, p.76]
  2. The boss fights are frustrating to the point of idiocy, and are made worse by the annoying checkpoint system... It sure beats the hell out of another "Dynasty Warriors" retreat, though. [Oct 2005, p.119]
  3. It only betrays itself completely once – in a dismally conventional boss battle around halfway through – though at times Spartan threatens to become routine, it never does, thanks to its strong character, handsome looks and sheer, irrepressible verve. [Nov 2005, p.96]