Spider-Man 2 PlayStation 2

8.9

1. Jul 30, 2015
    Easily the best and most entertaining Spider-Man videogame to this date. Swinging around the city has never been as fun as this wonderful experience. Yeah, it's a bit dated and doesn't help much the fact it is based on the excellent 2004's movie, but the missions are fun to play, the secondary missions (which are not part of the main plot) are surely tense, and my god, if there's anythingEasily the best and most entertaining Spider-Man videogame to this date. Swinging around the city has never been as fun as this wonderful experience. Yeah, it's a bit dated and doesn't help much the fact it is based on the excellent 2004's movie, but the missions are fun to play, the secondary missions (which are not part of the main plot) are surely tense, and my god, if there's anything REALLY fun... is to go to the top of the highest skyscraper of New York, jump, and spinning a web in the last very second. That is truly sensational. I'm bummed that now the swinging system has become boring with the recent outing from Beenox last year. Oh well, nostalgia.

7/10.
  2. CaioC.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Probably the most repetitive game ever. 3 or 4 missions that repets forever. The grafics are also bad. I'll give it a 5 only because, after all, its spider-man.
  3. TonyB.
    Jan 5, 2006
    I give this game a five because of the web swinging and free roaming other then that this game isnt good at all. First off the regular people enemis can dodge web attacks with ease. 2ndyou have to do the same street missions over and over and over and over again in order to get enough hero points to move on to the next mission. this is the most overrated sh*t nugget i have ever had the I give this game a five because of the web swinging and free roaming other then that this game isnt good at all. First off the regular people enemis can dodge web attacks with ease. 2ndyou have to do the same street missions over and over and over and over again in order to get enough hero points to move on to the next mission. this is the most overrated sh*t nugget i have ever had the displeasure to play. web swinging is its only saving grace. Expand
  4. BenB.
    Aug 26, 2004
    If I was the guy who programmed the controls, I'd be pissed off they didn't use them in a more intelligent, fleshed-out way. Given the sheer juiciness of actually BEING Spider-man, this game has no business being this bland.

#25 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#24 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Some may be disappointed by the lack of personal scenes from the film but chances are they wouldn't have made great game missions.
  2. games(TM)
    Spider-Man 2 emerges as not only a movie licence that eschews the ‘fast-buck’ approach, but as an enjoyable game in its own right – which is chiefly a testament to just how compelling it is to have superpowers and a vast city in which to show them off. [Sept 2004, p.118]
    The game's integral factors ascend above the fray, giving players a huge, multifaceted game that's rich in skill-based gameplay and replay value. It's fat with a massive array of challenges, and it delivery a distinct Spider-Man style of fun previously unmatched in the action genre.