6.5

1. MarkD.
    Jun 27, 2007
    This is visually impressive with some decent action but is ultimatley shallow and a bit of a cash in - a bit like the film. It's also got the most pointless, atmosphere spoiling and downright irritating voice over in the history of computer games. Get Spiderman 2 instead or even Spiderman on the PS1 if you see it going cheap, it's better then this despite it's age.
  2. Jun 20, 2016
    I remember being pretty disappointed about this title after thoroughly enjoying the previous title (probably my favourite PS2 game of all time at that as well). In this title, the music was terrible, simply jumping in and out incoherently in relation to the environment you were in. The gameplay was hit and miss, sometimes good but you could tell with the movements of Spider-Man that theI remember being pretty disappointed about this title after thoroughly enjoying the previous title (probably my favourite PS2 game of all time at that as well). In this title, the music was terrible, simply jumping in and out incoherently in relation to the environment you were in. The gameplay was hit and miss, sometimes good but you could tell with the movements of Spider-Man that the movement was nowhere near as fluid as the previous one - this game felt rushed. The graphics was the biggest downgrade, absolutely awful, dull and lifeless compared to the previous titles. Really surprising really, as this was a medium I thought at the time they should improve on as time went by.

On the positive side, I do remember enjoying the transformation to black Spider-Man and reaping the benefits of the awesome power he had - particularly fun when fighting enemies as it really made a huge difference. The story was also alright too, a lot of villains in this one if I remember correctly.

All in all, the game was nothing special for me. It was nowhere near as good as Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2.

#17 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#30 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

Spider-Man 3 on the PlayStation 2 is everything gamers have come to dread about movie-tie in games. The game takes liberties with the plot and packs shoddy controls, terrible graphics and lame voiceovers.
  2. Vicarious Visions has taken the Wii version of the game which leveraged the control scheme of the system very well, and then ported it to the aging PS2 version. The result is a surprisingly tighter control scheme, but one that is less interactive.
  3. Spider-Man 3 on PS2 is essentially the Wii version without the motion-sensitive control system. The end result is a game that pales in comparison to and would not be a suitable replacement for the next-generation versions.