Spider-Man: The Movie PlayStation 2

7.7

1. DaividS.
    Jul 23, 2002
    I buy this game i love it.
  2. DanielA.
    Aug 2, 2002
    This game is the best Spider-Man game I have ever played!
  3. Neo.G.
    May 15, 2003
    I found it to be an "amazing" experience. Sure the camera angles are a bit screwy from time-2-time but overall, this game is simply action packed! Tons of combat moves and airborne battles. It's like your actually inside a comic book. I also laughed a lot at Spidey and other's comical quips.
  4. NaelK.
    Jun 10, 2002
    It is the best game I've seen SO FAR!!!!!
  5. ObiWanKenobi
    Jul 21, 2002
    It is great.
  6. AndrewB.
    Jul 26, 2002
    This is the best game ever, but i am not good at it.
  7. Spidey
    Aug 13, 2004
    Andrew J. sucks don't listen to him. The controls rock, graphics are goregous, and it is SWEET to play.
  8. SolidSnake
    May 2, 2002
    SWEET GAME!!!!
  9. Jun 25, 2016
    One of the first games I've ever played and it was at that point I knew I was hooked into gaming. A great story lifted by good albeit very linear controls made this game very enjoyable. The possibilities in this game was very impressive at the time. The costumes you could unlock, the minigames and don't get me started with the huge amount of cheats in this title allowing you to exploreOne of the first games I've ever played and it was at that point I knew I was hooked into gaming. A great story lifted by good albeit very linear controls made this game very enjoyable. The possibilities in this game was very impressive at the time. The costumes you could unlock, the minigames and don't get me started with the huge amount of cheats in this title allowing you to explore this game in lots of different, fun and exciting ways. Even the scoring system and difficulty intervals to add to that meant that this game had tons of replay value.

Awesome game. Maybe not quite as good as its superb successor due to little bits and bobs but an awesome game nonetheless. One to play through again in the nearby future!
  10. Sam
    Jul 2, 2006
    Spider-Man is a great game in its own right, with its great combat and visual systems, but while the inlcusion of playing the Green Goblin is great, you play the same levels as you do when you're Spidey, it can get semi-repetetive, and there isn't enough to do with your webbing.
  11. BonehoChane
    Jan 3, 2004
    Great game. It's not as good as the original Playstation game, but's it's just as fun. Great gameplay, good graphics, great controls, and good sound. The original had a very cool feel the whole game, and this game just doesn't have it. I'm looking forward to Spider Man 2.
  12. May 12, 2017
    It's not very often that you'll find a licensed game that's good, but it's even less likely that you'll find a superhero game that's good (yes, I'm aware of the Arkham series. That's the exception, not the rule). And you know what's even less likely than that? Having a game based on a SUPERHERO MOVIE that's actually good. Somehow, though, Treyarch decided to crack their knuckles, fill upIt's not very often that you'll find a licensed game that's good, but it's even less likely that you'll find a superhero game that's good (yes, I'm aware of the Arkham series. That's the exception, not the rule). And you know what's even less likely than that? Having a game based on a SUPERHERO MOVIE that's actually good. Somehow, though, Treyarch decided to crack their knuckles, fill up their web-shooters and say "watch and learn." The result? "Spider-Man," the game based on the 2002 movie, is pretty great!
    "Spider-Man" is quite fun to play, it's considerably well-designed, it's not afraid to take creative liberties from the film, it's got some clever and witty dialogue, it features a pretty solid soundtrack, and it has a killer performance from Bruce Campbell. All told, "Spider-Man" has a lot going for it that few other superhero games have.
    Even so, it's not perfect. The camera isn't great, the indoor levels aren't nearly as fun as the outdoor levels (don't even get me started on the stealth-based missions), and not being able to touch the ground in outdoor levels just feels so lazy. Also, as one might expect, the game is not very long, and it can be completed in just a few hours.
    Even so, those few hours won't go to waste as the "Spider-Man" movie's video game adaptation is definitely a memorable experience and a perfect example of a legitimately good licensed video game.
    Final rating: 8 out of 10 "Great"

#35 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. The inside levels feel confined and just lack the excitement of the excellently implemented exterior sections. That said the internal sections are not all that bad, it’s just a case of wishing for something slightly different.
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    As much as I enjoyed the aerial combat, its overuse makes the innovative gameplay element a little less exhilarating toward the end. [June 2002, p.96]
  3. netjak
    Surprisingly, the game features actual voice actors from the film. Rarely does a game get one, let alone an entire cast of Hollywood personalities supplying voice content for it.