Splashdown PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Nov 5, 2001
8.2

1. Sep 27, 2011
    This game was not very good. Great looking water and realistic physics. I played waverunner on 64 and was able to do fine in that. I play numerous racing games but it was impossible to get past the 2nd level in this game on normal mode. I always had full turbo and never made mistakes but people in last place were faster than me and everyone was perfect at only the 2nd level. Stick withThis game was not very good. Great looking water and realistic physics. I played waverunner on 64 and was able to do fine in that. I play numerous racing games but it was impossible to get past the 2nd level in this game on normal mode. I always had full turbo and never made mistakes but people in last place were faster than me and everyone was perfect at only the 2nd level. Stick with waverunner and enjoy it. Expand
  2. KennyB.
    Jun 16, 2009
    It gets a 5 for the very pretty graphics. It's probably not as bad as I think it is, but I've been spoiled by the title that pioneered water racing games called Waverace. Waverace Blue Storm was great, but Waverace 64 was epic. Splashdown feels like I'm driving a hovercraft over the water instead of a jet ski in the water.
  3. SamF.
    May 10, 2005
    GREAT boat racing game..Realisitic water and effects..
  4. J.M.
    Jul 23, 2004
    I owned both this for PS2 and Wave Race Blue Storm for Gamecube. Both are good games, but I preferred Wave Race BS alot more. It's got better graphics, sound, characters, and level design among other things. I ended up selling Splashdown but I still own Wave Race BS which is now almost 3 years later.
  5. KRice
    Nov 26, 2002
    A definite "must have" for those who like racing. NO MATTER WHAT AGE! We have torn this one up and still find it challenging for an 8 yr old or an adult. Great family game.
  6. KittyN.
    May 5, 2002
    BUT THIS GAME! The graphics in Splashdown are awesome! In free ride mode, drive off the course. It's almost like the game space doesn't end. The stunts are also cool, and looking for wetsuits provides you with a challenge. Like I said, buy this game.
  7. FullEnergy
    Mar 29, 2002
    This game is awesome, honestly I think Splashdown is much better than "Wave Race" for GameCube. One more thing : Splashdown Kick ass!!!
  8. ChaseP.
    Dec 31, 2001
    This game is awesome. It's like Jet Moto, but much much better.

#69 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001

1. A great choice for those seeking a fun, arcade-style racer, but it also has enough depth and variety to keep players interested beyond the first few hours of play.
    It's difficult to remember which tricks you’ve performed in a race, and which ones have yet to be done... It would have been nice to have stunts “reset” after a while.
    Splashdown has amazingly distracting watery visuals, great draw-in distances, offers a large challenge for one or two players, and is a joy to control.