9.0

1. StephanieM.
    Jul 21, 2004
    Wow! This game is sponge-triffic! I played this game for 5hrs. Never stopped, I tell ya all, if you rent it, you'll never stop!
  2. AdamL.
    Nov 25, 2003
    It looks and plays great.
  3. RachelP.
    Feb 8, 2004
    I love spongebob so i knew i would love this game, too. it is a VERY GREAT game. two thumbs up!
  4. JajaB.
    Dec 17, 2003
    The best game ever.
  5. LaurenC.
    Dec 21, 2003
    This game is just like the television show. although it looks more cartoonish on the ps2 the game has a 10. the graphics are great.
  6. PamelaS.
    Dec 30, 2003
    If you have the time, this is a great game no matter what your age is. The creativity of the cartoon, characters, and adult concepts as well as the sixties music is all there. Lots of fun! Not just for Kids!
  7. Apr 26, 2011
    Arguably the best Nickelodeon game to date -- it has a surprising amount of depth. Pros: Formulaic, but solid platforming; fun boss battles; hilarious dialog; it feels just like an episode of Spongebob Squarepants. Cons: Hideous graphics and visuals (a cartoonish design would've been great); average level design, camera, and production.
  8. Nov 9, 2012
    Spongebob has many great games, but this may be the best one. With solid platforming and variety, and it is somewhat long of a game. Its great.
  9. Mar 3, 2012
    this is the best cartoon game ever even if you are a hardcore gamer you will love it nuff said oh and its basically the same thing as super mario 64 XD
  10. Nov 16, 2013
    I don't get why the score is 71, it has got everything you want in an adventure game. Spongebob's humor is maintained though all the game, gameplay is smooth, challenging and very long (I have had it since 2004 and haven't finished it)
  11. May 5, 2014
    This game is a fantastic collectathon platformer. It offers fun and unique levels ranging from Goo Lagoon to Rock Bottom and its humor rivals that of the show before it went mediocre. In this game, you can play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy and they all have their strengths and weaknesses that vastly increase the depth of the game. For instance, Sandy can reach much greater distancesThis game is a fantastic collectathon platformer. It offers fun and unique levels ranging from Goo Lagoon to Rock Bottom and its humor rivals that of the show before it went mediocre. In this game, you can play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy and they all have their strengths and weaknesses that vastly increase the depth of the game. For instance, Sandy can reach much greater distances than Spongebob or Patrick by using her rope to glide across the level, but she can't hit anything below her. These factors help make the puzzles much more compelling and entertaining. The only real problem I have with the game is that once you 100% it, there's really no reward. You just get a minute long cutscene at the end of the final boss which can leave you feeling unsatisfied. All in all, it is a must buy for anyone who enjoys a good platformer. Even if you aren't a Spongebob fan, the gameplay itself is enough to be worth the price! Expand
  12. Mar 10, 2015
    Seriously fun 3D platformer, and much like Call of Duty MW2, while it didn't bring many new things to the table, it perfected the already set genre. The gameplay is perfected to beyond belief, and I have no complaints.
  13. Mar 22, 2015
    YES This Game Is AMAZING This Game Has A Good Story,Good Graphics,Proper Voice Actors Exept 4 Mr.Krabs And Mermaid Man (RIP Ernest Borgnine 1917-2012) Love This Game Wish SpongeBob Didnt Go with ACTIVSION.
  14. Apr 15, 2014
    Very Nostalgic game, I had a fun time playing it, caused me temporary blindness as well as other things, wish the newer generations were more like this.
    I give it a 6.
  15. DeancC.
    Feb 19, 2004
    It plays and and is a hilarious cartoon and i may be 11 but i like it.but the suffering is a better game not to say it is crap cos it aint its a good game.
  16. Nina&BrandenP.
    Sep 30, 2004
    Cool! This game is the most fun my 5 year old son and I have had together in a long time. We play for hours on end.
  17. KevinK.
    Dec 29, 2003
    This game rocks. its the best.
  18. TommyH.
    Feb 19, 2004
    Brilliant!!! I love spongebob and when I was dying to get it!!! The humor and reality in this game makes it legendery!
  19. SusanK.
    Jan 3, 2005
    Good game, but i little annoying at times. Still one of the best I've ever played.
  20. ChrsitopherG.
    Dec 26, 2003
    Better than the last one on the PS2.
  21. ChristopherE.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Very good, Keeps you on your toes!!
  22. PamelaS.
    Dec 30, 2003
  23. SarahB.
    Jan 25, 2004
    Very fun! One of the best PS2 games I've played! Not the hardest game I've ever played, but it's always got something new and fun for you to do.
  24. InesDG.
    Nov 26, 2006
    I really love this game, it is easy and my daughters can play it without help, no frustation, and a lot of fun! Perfect game for kids!
  25. Jul 26, 2013
    Extremely well made for a game based on a cartoon. The developer of this really deserves a medal. One of my favorite platformers of all time, no joke.
  26. Aug 12, 2013
    I have a great history of this game with my brother and my old PS2's. If you love Spongebob, you'll love this game.

It truly is an open-world game, even if it seems linear at certain points. The gameplay is pretty phenomenal between all of the characters (Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy). Each one of them has certain moves that you can't do with the others, which requires you to get accustomed to each of them for certain challenges. None of them are too difficult on your hands. Gameplay is pretty fluid. I CAN say that the gameplay in Battle for Bikini Bottom is far better than most other Spongebob games. Far better.

The story isn't too interesting; it's something you would probably expect to see in an episode of Spongebob. But it's certainly better than other Spongebob games.

The music is pretty fun to listen to, for any age who enjoys the happy-go-lucky themes of Spongebob. The boss battle tracks are exceptional, for the mini-bosses as well. The final boss music is something that a lot of people may have heard without knowing it came from this game.

If you love Spongebob, you'll love this game. It was a huge part of my childhood, but any gamer could pick it up. Lots of replay value, and lots of fun to be had.
  27. May 3, 2013
    I love SpongeBob. Send me to Squarepants school. I'll come back with straight As. I love video games. I play Mario Kart Wii 24/7. So what's better than SpongeBob or video games? Nothing! Heh heh. If you're a SpongeBob collector, there's no doubt you haven't played or at least heard of a SpongeBob video game. The popular opinion for favorite SpongeBob game is the one based on the movie. II love SpongeBob. Send me to Squarepants school. I'll come back with straight As. I love video games. I play Mario Kart Wii 24/7. So what's better than SpongeBob or video games? Nothing! Heh heh. If you're a SpongeBob collector, there's no doubt you haven't played or at least heard of a SpongeBob video game. The popular opinion for favorite SpongeBob game is the one based on the movie. I like that one too, but my favorite SpongeBob video game is Battle of Bikini Bottom. Before I get into the review, I might as well tell you the story: Plankton has created a bunch of robots to take the Krabby Patty formula. However, because he forgot to program them to obey him, they run amok and practically destroy Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob's taking all the blame (Strange enough how he never gets in trouble when he did actually cause the problem)and now he has to "clean up" his mess. Now, to the review. In the game, you can play as SpongeBob, Patrick Star, or Sandy Cheeks, each with their own unique powers and skills. Sometimes you need a specific character to unlock a specific something because they have the move or the persuasion. I like that. It turns it into more of a chess game rather than a button-mashing fest. If you consider the SpongeBob games to be a series BOBB's predecessor was Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. I've played it with my cousin and we both agree it isn't as good as Battle of Bikini Bottom. Bikini Bottom was totally different from ROTFD. It was an action adventure game rather than a giant side mission. I should probably talk about what you collect. In this game, what you need to find more than anything are the golden spatulas. They can unlock new levels if you collect a certain number. Shiny Objects are sort of you main currency. You can give them to a clam and he'll unlock new areas for you, or you can trade them for a golden spatula. Underwear are your health and 10 socks can get you a golden spatula. Let me talk about the levels. There are 10 worlds and 13 if you include boss levels. Bikini Bottom is the hub. Every time you defeat a boss, a new part of Bikini Bottom is unlocked and a new set of levels. These levels aren't short and linear like World 1-1 and 1-2 and 1-3. They're the polar opposite. Roughly, this game is about the same length as New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. The game has 13 really long levels rather than 70 or so short ones. I said the levels aren't linear, and that's true. If you're a completionist, you'll enjoy wandering around for no particular reason as some things are very well hidden. Another great aspect of the game. The soundtrack is your typical SpongeBob Hawaiian-Jazz-Electronic music, for some reason, video game music always gives me this warm, nostalgic feeling. I like the layout of the levels. Sometimes a game can have linear levels but not much creativity. (Hence forth Twilight Princess)The sliding levels in Kelp Forest and Sand Mountain are very fun in my opinion, and the little Easter Eggs to SpongeBob episodes like the snack machine in Rock Bottom. The villain as always is hilarious and his motives make up 1/3 of the gameplay. The other characters are silly, too. Patrick's really dumb, Squidward's a Grinch, and Mr. Krabs has a sexual attraction to money. As much as I like this game, there were a couple things I didn't like. The game was long and had vast lands, but if you just like to get it over with, its pretty easy. You'll come about a hard part once in a while, but its really nothing big. Also, Mr. Krabs and Mermaid Man don't have their actual voice actors voicing them, which is a bit of a disappointment because they're my 2 favorite SpongeBob characters. I felt they could have done better with the graphics, too. They aren't terrible where I can't recognize the characters, but all the objects had really rough textures. All in all, the game was good in my opinion. I'd give it a 7.6, but since this dumb thing won't let me, I'll go ahead and give it an 8. Collapse
  28. Aug 12, 2013
    I know this is a bold opinion for a game not well known and also a spongebob game. But this.............this is a masterpiece the gameplay the charm, the variety its all there. the game levels are great and very well thought out while not visually appealing. The levels all have there own look and feel, and the 3 character setup makes sure of no boredom each character has there own abilityI know this is a bold opinion for a game not well known and also a spongebob game. But this.............this is a masterpiece the gameplay the charm, the variety its all there. the game levels are great and very well thought out while not visually appealing. The levels all have there own look and feel, and the 3 character setup makes sure of no boredom each character has there own ability and is funny and charming its spongebob Patrick and sandy whats not to love. This a perfect game for me as an old spongebob fan. Expand
  29. Jan 21, 2014
    This is my favorite 3D platformer. The graphics, control, music, writing, and gameplay are all amazing! Get this game if you can find it, you won't regret it.
  30. Mar 18, 2015
    Even if you don't like SpongeBob, if you like platforming games in general, give this one a go. It is entertaining as well as long. The only issue I have with this game is that some socks are near impossible to find without a guide. Also, the areas are not as varied as they could have been. Don't let that discourage you from playing, though, it is a solid platformer. And that is kind ofEven if you don't like SpongeBob, if you like platforming games in general, give this one a go. It is entertaining as well as long. The only issue I have with this game is that some socks are near impossible to find without a guide. Also, the areas are not as varied as they could have been. Don't let that discourage you from playing, though, it is a solid platformer. And that is kind of rare in these days. Expand
  31. Nov 19, 2014
    A very awesome game, best of it time. there's no other licensed game that could parallel this game in the term of awesomeness. Awesome level design, beautiful scenery and catchy music made this game. I'm still playing this game at 2014 and this game is still awesome.
  32. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is my favourite game of all time. A game needs to be fun and enjoyable. This game is funjoyable because of its epic level design, huge worlds, outstanding boss battles and more jam packed fun you can have. Also there is epic music to this game especially towards the final boss. Get this game, even if you don't like spongebob, it's worth your time.
  33. Aug 14, 2015
    Wow! Very very addicting i was playing for hours! the game simply gives you exploring bikini bottom you collect spatulas get funny dialogs well explore for yourself its funny and i like it! Everything is amazing here.
  34. Oct 9, 2015
    O jogo é incrivelmente divertido. Sua jogabilidade é excelente. Essas qualidades passam por cima do gráfico mediano. E PRECONCEITO COM OS PERSONAGENS É FALTA DE RESPEITO COM ESSE JOGO.
  35. Aug 24, 2015
    This game is so fun. It is great. The music is catchy, the story is awesome, and the overall feeling of the game is zany, spongy fun. The graphics are good. And, ah man, I just love this game. It is funny. The game has you play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy as you try to rid Bikini Bottom of the evil robots that are causing chaos. You have to explore everywhere to find the goldenThis game is so fun. It is great. The music is catchy, the story is awesome, and the overall feeling of the game is zany, spongy fun. The graphics are good. And, ah man, I just love this game. It is funny. The game has you play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy as you try to rid Bikini Bottom of the evil robots that are causing chaos. You have to explore everywhere to find the golden spatulas and socks to save Bikini Bottom. This game is just a blast! This game is just awesome. I love every part of it. The areas that you have to explore are very cool and fun to explore. Play this game! It's awesome. You'll love it! I mean you are Spongebob characters destroying robots underwater. Can't get better than that. Expand
  36. Aug 25, 2015
    This game is a masterpiece, amazing graphics, thrilling first person shooting and nothing can compare to this, you get a sense of realism when in a massive gun fight and feel like you are really there

37. Oct 11, 2015
    Spongebob's first 3 seasons and its movie are awesome! So how do you make a licensed game good? It is a hard task, and Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom passes with flying colors. While it is not as good as other licensed games, it is still one of the best of all time! To start the review, let's talk about the story first. Plankton makes a machine called the Duplicator 3000.Spongebob's first 3 seasons and its movie are awesome! So how do you make a licensed game good? It is a hard task, and Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom passes with flying colors. While it is not as good as other licensed games, it is still one of the best of all time! To start the review, let's talk about the story first. Plankton makes a machine called the Duplicator 3000. The purpose is to make robots that will take over bikini bottom. But when Plankton forgets to turn the switch to obey, the robots go terrorize bikini bottom under their own will. At the same time, Spongebob and Patrick are playing robots and battle horses. When they get bored, patrick gets his magic wishing shell and they both wish to have real robots to play with in the morning. So when they wake up, the robots have caused a ruckus throughout bikini bottom. So Spongebob and Patrick think it's their fault and must save bikini bottom. Now, this story is original and works for Spongebob. While the writing is usually funny, there are a few jokes that are miss and that took away a little bit from the experience. But overall, I love this story and I think that it should be praised a little bit more. Now the gameplay. What do I think? While the gameplay can get repetitive at times, it is still pretty fun. It doesn't have the content variety of Creature from the Krusty Krab, the costumes from Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, or the upgrade system of The Movie Game, this game has the open world, playable characters, fun collecting, and enemy variety to back it up and make this game stand out. I've heard complaints that this is kind of like Banjo & Kazzoie, that is true, and at the same time, it's not. It doesn't blatantly copy it, it uses the formula as a blueprint and adds enough to make it fun and original.Now, you have 3 playable characters, Spongebob, Patrick, and for the first time, Sandy. You mostly use Spongebob,but when you get to use the others, they aren't useless at all. I fact it's a nice break to be another character. Patrick can throw objects, like fruit. Sandy can swing from her lasso, and Spongebob uses bubbles. Spongebob has more moves, but the most fun character is Sandy, in my opinion. They all play well and the controls are perfect to go with the unique characters. These might actually be the first game i've played that probably has no buttons out of place. Even the best game of all time (Half Life 2) has a button or two out of place. This game however, has the most tight and responsive controls i've ever faced. Getting to the collecting, you have a few things to collect. Golden Spatula's you have to get to the next place, You get these by doing task's in the open world. (Some of which are hard AF!) You also have Shiny Objects to collect, which is part of the games currency. Then there's Patrick's socks, which he will trade to you for golden spatula's if you get a certain amount. You can also collect other stuff, like steering wheels in downtown and museum paintings in rock bottom. These are mostly Mrs. Puff's tasks. The robots in this game are varied and most are fun to fight. Some are a chore though, which is not supposed to happen. This took away a lot of the game for me. Now last but not least, the graphics and sound design. The graphics, for a 3D port, look pretty damn good. There are a few that stand out (Jellyfish Fields, Downtown, Spongebob's Dream, Rock Bottom and Goo Lagoon). Some are nothing special, but are passable (Sandy Mountains, Flying Dutchman's Graveyard, and the Mermilare). And one that is pretty bad, and that is the Kelp Forest. It is so dark and repetitive, I had to turn up the brightness on my TV just to play it. Even when I did that, it still looked bad. Other than that, the graphics, for their time, are pretty good. Now the sound design, it is STELLAR. It just might be some of the best and most impressive sound design on the PS2. Each song is played over and over again, and they never get old. Each song is REALLY AWESOME and should be praised more. I love each song in this game, and you should to. Almost all the voice acting is from the show, except for Mermaid Man and Mr. Krabs. But, it's not a big complaint at all, even though the dialogue is repetitive. So, what do I think about this game. I think you should play it if you like the show at all. If you don't like the show, but like fun platforming collectathon, still play it. It is a PS2 classic that can't be missed. That's why I give it and 8/10. It would have been a six if it weren't for the sound design alone! It is worth any price you get it for. You will not be disappointed! Expand
  38. Jan 28, 2016
    A SpongeBob version of Super Mario 64 that actually works and take the base of it instead of copying it whole. Something a SpongeBob fan has had for several years in their early childhoods!
  39. Jan 24, 2016
    Spongebob has never been done more justice. Massive world with top notch platforming and level design, great animation and humor, just perfection. This should be much more well known than it is, a kids game that is actually worth playing is a rarity. Minus Mr. Krabs and Mermaid Mans voice actors there are no problems, it builds off of everything Night of 100 Frights did for the platformingSpongebob has never been done more justice. Massive world with top notch platforming and level design, great animation and humor, just perfection. This should be much more well known than it is, a kids game that is actually worth playing is a rarity. Minus Mr. Krabs and Mermaid Mans voice actors there are no problems, it builds off of everything Night of 100 Frights did for the platforming genre. (Camera Controls!) Sand Mountain, Rock Bottom, Spongebobs Dream, are so memorable and ooze fun. Expand
  40. Apr 6, 2016
    This is a good game. Not the best on the PS2, but a game I can highly recommend to platformer fanatics and Spongebob fans alike. My only flaws with it are the cutscenes. They're definitely not the same quality as the TV show. It just seems so weird seeing your favorite characters from a cartoon with 3D models. And trust me, these models can look a lot better. Also, the writing isn't isn'tThis is a good game. Not the best on the PS2, but a game I can highly recommend to platformer fanatics and Spongebob fans alike. My only flaws with it are the cutscenes. They're definitely not the same quality as the TV show. It just seems so weird seeing your favorite characters from a cartoon with 3D models. And trust me, these models can look a lot better. Also, the writing isn't isn't as good as the show. One line I hate is: "I think I have some fudge in my pants." Gross. However, if you like the average 3D platformer, like Psyconauts, Jak and Daxter, or Crash Bandicoot, then you'll love this game. Graphically, the game looks fine for the PS2, and the soundtrack is decent. Young gamers will love this, and Spongebob fans who own a PS2 will need this game. Expand
  41. May 3, 2013

#35 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#6 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

It's all not as bad as it could have been, but nothing you can't get from dozens of other games.
  2. Like a sponge that absorbs hours of your time, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom will keep young gamers very occupied. By kids' standards I'm "old," but that didn't stop me from loving this game.
  3. GMR Magazine
    Like Bob himself, this game holds its water and is, in fact, remarkably fun. [Jan 2004, p.86]