7.7

1. Jun 9, 2016
    Spongebob has platforming? Racing? A weird game? A game based off a movie? What next? A party game? Well is it good? It is! Minigames are really creative and fun. Has a way better storyline than Mario Party. Also it is hilarious as well.This game is often hated for some reason and I have no idea.
  2. Dec 28, 2013
    Lights, Camera, Pants has the potential to rival the Mario Party franchise and reinvigorate Spongebob multiplayer games. However, in order to do so, the games need to be as fun and energized as the early Spongebob cartoons. That being said, this game fails not because of technical hiccups or bugs, but solely due to a lack of originality that could have been exploited from such a richLights, Camera, Pants has the potential to rival the Mario Party franchise and reinvigorate Spongebob multiplayer games. However, in order to do so, the games need to be as fun and energized as the early Spongebob cartoons. That being said, this game fails not because of technical hiccups or bugs, but solely due to a lack of originality that could have been exploited from such a rich subject material. The game spans several different themed worlds that each possess three mini-games. The player who earns the most points at the end of this competition wins the coveted role of the super-villain in the new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy show. The concept is great and allows for a variety of famous locales to be explored. The first four regions are where the game shines, as it features frantic fun flipping Krabby Patties and fighting off Plankton's creations and jamming out to a rock solo with Spongebob's electric guitar. These games work because they are fast-paced and exciting to play with friends. After this point, however, the game falls fast and the creativity soon dies out. Repetitive and simplistic games ruin the rest of the experience, either being too easy to win (one game involving soccer I won 38-0 because of the laughably bad opponent AI) or too frustrating to enjoy, such as a barnacle scraping game that involves spamming the square button until your fingers fall off. Overall, I really enjoy the concept of Lights, Camera, Pants. Done right, this idea could have the potential to challenge any other party game on the market with unique Spongebob themed challenges. However, until the games can be consistently fun and addictive as their source material, Lights, Camera, Pants will remain in the shadows.

Follow me on twitter. @cbeers2513
  3. MachM.
    Nov 5, 2005
    Amazing! best game ever.
  4. Feb 12, 2015
    I don't know why people hate this game. Lights camera pants is awesome. One of my favourite games ever. It may be a copy on Mario Party, but it's awesome
  5. Oct 17, 2017
    One of the best party games ever made and is way better than the Mario Party series (apart from Mario Party 1 and 2). This game is so fun and addictive. This is THE best Nickelodeon licensed game of all time.

I love everything about the game. The graphics, music, sound and gameplay is superb. I love the story in which you take part in a competition to become the super-villain for the new Mermaidman and BarnacleBoy movie. There are multiple locations from the show you play three mini games in in order to progress onto the next. There are a total of 64 mini games in which you play and can unlock for single player and multiplayer. I like when you complete story mode on easy, normal and hard, you unlock a bonus mini game. You can play as the beloved characters from the show. It gets more fun when you play 4 player. There are many game modes that will keep you and your friends entertained.

There are many unlockables to earn such as pictures and trophies but there are more hidden unlockables to earn if you have multiple save files of other Nickelodeon games for more replayability.

Overall its a childhood classic.

The only minor complaints I have with the game are the annoying voice acting and slightly repetitive gameplay.

Get it.
  6. Jun 22, 2017
    Lights Camera Pants has some entertaining mini-games, which do offer an enjoyable multiplayer experience. However, the problem is that, unlike a game like Mario Party, the mini-games here offer little replayability, as there are very little elements to the games that allow for more than a few playthroughs to feel rewarding. Also, mainly for this reason, the single-player mode also feelsLights Camera Pants has some entertaining mini-games, which do offer an enjoyable multiplayer experience. However, the problem is that, unlike a game like Mario Party, the mini-games here offer little replayability, as there are very little elements to the games that allow for more than a few playthroughs to feel rewarding. Also, mainly for this reason, the single-player mode also feels very shallow, and after a few tries, not challenging in the least. It is unfortunate, because it is a decent game, but it could have been so much better. Expand

A surprisingly well-made party game that successfully captures the style and humor of the popular Nickelodeon franchise.
  2. A nice start for SpongeBob’s first foray into the party genre. He fits perfectly in this genre and I hope his second outing only improves on what was established here.
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    A decent kids' game, but only if you've got at least two people playing. [Jan 2006, p.99]