4.3

1. Oct 21, 2010
    If you love the Spyro series and had great anticipation for the fourth instalment, then your will be extremely disappointed. For the first time our heroic little dragon comes to the PS2 and for a PS2 title we expect something massive, well that's what I think a next gen game should have if you want to improve it. Instead we get something that is unoriginal and could even have been done onIf you love the Spyro series and had great anticipation for the fourth instalment, then your will be extremely disappointed. For the first time our heroic little dragon comes to the PS2 and for a PS2 title we expect something massive, well that's what I think a next gen game should have if you want to improve it. Instead we get something that is unoriginal and could even have been done on the PS1 and without all its flaws. It starts off with Spyro and his friends celebrating the new arrival of dragonflies who will be each young dragon's new guardian. However Ripto (the main antagonist from Spyro 2 who somehow managed to survive the boiling lava, or that's the developers excuse for saving time by not creating a new villain) crashes the party and scatters all the dragonflies around the world. It's up to Spyro, his guardian dragonfly Sparx and friends to rescue the dragonflies and stop Ripto and his minions from foiling his plans. Gameplay is similar to the previous 3 games, Spyro can run around, charge, headbash, glide and breathe fire but there are some new moves. There are 4 new breath attacks, bubble, ice and bolt which you get when you find the sacred runes. Bubble breathe is used to catch the dragonflies but some are earned by completing tasks set by your friends. There are gems to collect once again which are scattered everywhere in each level and in chests or metal creates. That's pretty much it really, there is nothing in this game that is fresh or original and they got the same villain from the second Spyro game however that is only the minor issue. The real problem with this game is it suffers from too many flaws such as graphical glitches, inconsistent framerate, long loading times sound issues and sometimes freezes meaning you have no choice but to reset your console and start back from where you last saved your progress. According the sources this game was rushed in order to be released at Christmas time, if so then it is not all the developers fault but also the publishers. Had it not been for all the major issues I'd give this game a 6 or 7, however one bug is far too many. Quite simply this is not just the worst Spyro game but the worst game I have ever played in my years of gaming. Expand
  2. MicahC.
    Jan 3, 2003
    I spent the majority of my time with this game waiting for it to load!
  3. RoboR.
    Oct 5, 2003
    The spyro legacy is desecrated by this uninspired "trainwreck of a game". The developers responsible should be locked up and forced to play this glitchy, frustrating and half-baked tripe until their thumbs are bloody stumps and they have completely lost their sanity. Who cares about the fancy water ripples and flame effects when the frame rate is worse than ps1 versions and the game locks The spyro legacy is desecrated by this uninspired "trainwreck of a game". The developers responsible should be locked up and forced to play this glitchy, frustrating and half-baked tripe until their thumbs are bloody stumps and they have completely lost their sanity. Who cares about the fancy water ripples and flame effects when the frame rate is worse than ps1 versions and the game locks up each time you play it. Worst sequel ever. Expand
  4. RogerA.
    Dec 12, 2002
    My family and I love playing the PS1 Spyro games. With our new PS2 we decided to make Enter the Dragonfly our first game purchase. While the kids were asleep I thought I'd give the game a test run: The graphics are mediocre, the "new features" okay, but the jerky graphics, and slow loading times make this game a definite DON'T! (I'm actually fuming!) I'm gonna try my My family and I love playing the PS1 Spyro games. With our new PS2 we decided to make Enter the Dragonfly our first game purchase. While the kids were asleep I thought I'd give the game a test run: The graphics are mediocre, the "new features" okay, but the jerky graphics, and slow loading times make this game a definite DON'T! (I'm actually fuming!) I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow and see if I can swap it for something better. I'm too emberassed to show this game to the kids... Expand
  5. Apr 13, 2011
    Because Enter The Dragonfly refuses to part ways with its PS one predecessors, it feels overly familiar and overly cliche. Pros: Impressive graphics, lavish colors, and reasonable controls. Cons: All too simple and familiar gameplay, excruciatingly long load screens, and a lack of depth in imagination.
  6. Feb 5, 2012
    This game is fun and feels like a spyro game, but due to the long loading screens, very poor framerate, and overall a rushed feeling in most of the levels, makes it lose the magic that made you love the first 3
  7. Sep 22, 2012
    After the success of the first 3 Spyro games on the PS1, Insomiac decides to randomly abandon the Spyro series. The series is then sold to Universal and the first game they decide to release is Enter the Dragonfly for the PS2 and the Gamecube which is the first time a Spyro game was released on a non Sony console. Some people say the reason why the game is bad has something to do withAfter the success of the first 3 Spyro games on the PS1, Insomiac decides to randomly abandon the Spyro series. The series is then sold to Universal and the first game they decide to release is Enter the Dragonfly for the PS2 and the Gamecube which is the first time a Spyro game was released on a non Sony console. Some people say the reason why the game is bad has something to do with Universal rushing the game for the holiday season which caused a whole bunch of glitches and bugs to be left alone. I believe there is more to it than that. First off, the game is completely unoriginal. The story is copied from Spyro 1 but except for rescuing dragons, you are rescuing dragon FLIES. Yeah, that's totally 100% original. That's only the tip of the iceberg. Speaking of ice, Spyro can now breathe ice as well as water, lightning, and water including Spyro's trademark, fire. What? Dragons are known for breathing fire. Not ice, water, and lightning. And the worst part is that they don't do anything different except breathing water is completely useless. And do you want to know the worst part about this tragedy? THE GAME LOOKS JUST LIKE THE PS1 GAMES. The developers showed little to no effort trying to make the game look good, or play good for that matter. This game is bad. I do not understand why Spyro was not put out of his misery instead of keeping Spyro on life support. And sadly, this is not the worst game of the Spyro series. Expand
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have no clue what happened here i really don't but what did they do to one of the best platforming trilogies on the ps1.Poor poor poor spyro lets talk about why this is a bad game.I give this game a 1 not a zero because the graphics are quite good and the character models look ok when they are standing still in a cutscence but when there not they look horible and the opening looks horrible.Heres another reason why this game sucks the framrate is soooooooooooooooooooooooo choppy im serious when i say this the framerate was so bad this it damaged a kid for LIFE.No joke this happened heres another reason unlike theps1 games when the controlls work here they are painfully slopy a i fall of edges when i swore i made them:(.Then there are the loading screens the loading screens my god they are slow i made a sandwich and ate it durring the time it took for this to load and a loading screen can hault the progress of any game and when they are short they just pass along and you don't feel anything but with a long loading screen like this game it can hault the progress massivly.theres aloso money bags isn't that wonderful.The vocie acting the levels and mini games all suck. they story sucks.There are also massive glitches to which include spyro derping out and the level not actullaly loading so you get lost in a white limbo of whitness and its not pleasent actually scrach that IT SUCKS IT SUCKS. Theres also no ending yes these lazy developers have made me and many other suther through this trerible game and they couldn't give us a proper ending X0. Gameplay suthers because all of the glitches and the gameplay feels like a crappy version of spyro 3 with no other playable characters. Avoid this game like the plague please i beg you not to play this game 1 out of 10. Expand
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is abysmal. This game was a clear cash in on what Insomniac did right. There are far too many bugs and glitches in this game that it sometimes is unplayable. The loading screens are ridiculous. The game is mildly fun with keeping to its platform roots but by no mean is it a good game. Moneybags was shoved in there for only the start of the game then not reappearing again. TheThis game is abysmal. This game was a clear cash in on what Insomniac did right. There are far too many bugs and glitches in this game that it sometimes is unplayable. The loading screens are ridiculous. The game is mildly fun with keeping to its platform roots but by no mean is it a good game. Moneybags was shoved in there for only the start of the game then not reappearing again. The story is insipid with only a general opening cut scene then that is it. Ripto as a boss fight was laughable considering he is the only boss fight in the game.

This unfinished game can go in the rubbish bin. 1/10 for at least sticking to its platforming roots.
    Stick to the PS1 games.
  10. Jul 25, 2016
    This is a very funny game. The graphics are good. Glitch do not interfere with the game. Interesting mini-games make the gameplay more varied. Maybe not the best game about Spyro, but that doesn't make it bad.
  11. Oct 4, 2014
    This was a very fun game. It's kinda buggy but no so bad. I love how it has the same elements as the ps1 games but much better graphics. I love Spyro and it's sad we don't see him like this anymore.
  12. TobyH.
    Aug 16, 2004
    A very good game. Sure it is not as good as V8 Supercars but it is still an awesome game with the graphics, sound effects, unlockables. If you finish it and just shelve it, you need to be shipped of to a mental hospitial.
  13. BethR.
    Feb 16, 2005
    It realy rocks.
  14. KraigE.
    Dec 26, 2002
    This game is a briliant masterpiece, that everyone should buy. The graphics are great, the worlds are simply beautiful, and the plot is amazing. This is definetely worth 50$!
  15. Jul 25, 2016
    This is very best game. Incredible graphic and interesting mini-games. Characters clearly modeled, even Spyro very nicely. Of glitches can laugh, this is fun. I like this game
  16. RyanM.
    Feb 10, 2003
    The style of play is beginning to be the same over and over again. I loved the first, and the other two were good, but Spyro is just getting old. They need to make more changes in the game. And the controls suck. You can't get him to look where you want him to. The graphics also stink. It may be ok to test the game out on a rental, but no more.
  17. MarioM.
    May 2, 2004
    Ah...a wonderful series RUINED. it never has been more of a flop since the Crash Bash game for the psOne. Whichever way you look at this game, its crap. The sound is horrible, the graphics are choppy and so filthy the develpers of ths game should be considered sinners, and the gameplay is even less then the very first spyro game. Honestly wat a garbage game. and as Gamespot said, "even Ah...a wonderful series RUINED. it never has been more of a flop since the Crash Bash game for the psOne. Whichever way you look at this game, its crap. The sound is horrible, the graphics are choppy and so filthy the develpers of ths game should be considered sinners, and the gameplay is even less then the very first spyro game. Honestly wat a garbage game. and as Gamespot said, "even the most di-hard fans of the Spyro series will have a hard time enjoying this." To the publishers that ruined this beloved platforming series, damn you. Expand
  18. JonathanJ.
    Oct 6, 2005
    i used to love spyro for Ps1 but this is not spyro this is horrible some of the worst games beat this by a longshot. DISGRACE
  19. AprilButte
    Jul 29, 2005
    Horrible load times, freezes up in key areas making you replay and this is what is good about it! This is not the Spyro we know...it is a crappy Spyro. A spyro for profit not fun...dont buy! Dont play !
  20. Zachery
    Aug 5, 2005
    Sucks But i love the other 123 games of spyro.
  21. FraserW
    Jun 5, 2009
    It was really disappointing. This game had potential to be a decent entry to the series but due to it being rushed for release it came out all wrong. First of, there are only 9 levels to visit and only 1 boss. From this you know it has been rushed. There was apparently 25 levels supposed to be featured in this game. The gameplay is sluggish and slow. Spyro moves at a snails pace and the It was really disappointing. This game had potential to be a decent entry to the series but due to it being rushed for release it came out all wrong. First of, there are only 9 levels to visit and only 1 boss. From this you know it has been rushed. There was apparently 25 levels supposed to be featured in this game. The gameplay is sluggish and slow. Spyro moves at a snails pace and the enemies aren't any quicker. There are alot of gltches too and let's not forget the long loading times. There are some good points to the game. It still manages to have the Spyro feel to it like the previous titles. The soundtrack is great by Stewart Copeland. The level design is pretty good, it's just a shame there are few of them. Expand
  22. squirrel
    Sep 7, 2009
    I love this game but it could of been way better. the game was origanally going contain 25 levels but universal forced check6 to rush it and it ended up with nine levels and it was glitchy. it made me sad. its all universals fault. if they didnt force them to rush it it would probly be better then spyro 1 2 and 3 i still like the game. I am just mad at universal for forcing check6 to rush it.
  23. Renae
    Jan 2, 2003
    I loved the previous PS1 Spyro games and was under the assumption that PS2 would be bigger and better. What went wrong? Did they sack all the 'Spyro Year of the Dragon' designers and recruit a bunch of kindergarteners. The graphics are ordinary, camera view is annoying, loading times rediculous and the rating I gave is being generous!
  24. CoryB.
    Jan 5, 2003
    Some people say that only little people would like this game and that it is too short i agree with that but just because i'm not a little person or that i think it's too short i still like it.
  25. LianaK.
    Feb 18, 2003
    The game was a waste of my time and money. Not only are the load times unbearable, but it has crashed on me more times than i can count. The sheep have exploded- like the characters in the shrek bloopers. the game unpauses itself. And I lose control of spyro. He has refused to move on my comand and he randomly gets stuck in "deflect mode". I loved the previous spyro games, but i cant standThe game was a waste of my time and money. Not only are the load times unbearable, but it has crashed on me more times than i can count. The sheep have exploded- like the characters in the shrek bloopers. the game unpauses itself. And I lose control of spyro. He has refused to move on my comand and he randomly gets stuck in "deflect mode". I loved the previous spyro games, but i cant stand this one. I regret buying it. I wouldn't recomend it to anyone. Expand
  26. TamH.
    Mar 15, 2003
    Well to tell the truth I wasted my money. The graphics are ok but the game has way to many glicks in it. To many times have we have had to restart the game cause it froze on us. We have the frist three and love them but this one was no good.
  27. LiseR.
    Mar 4, 2003
    The graphics are great. the game is a little short but that's ok. and the hints are the best they get my brain thinking:)
  28. EmmaG.
    Jul 6, 2004
    It was entertaining for a while, but then it was just monotonus. It seems the game makers were using their 'beautiful eye-catching graphics' to make up for this pathetic exuse for a platform game.
  29. KennyJ.
    Jul 18, 2006
    This is what made me seriously look into a game before I buy it. I purchased this when I was young, using the 50 bucks that I got for my birthday. When I played it, I was utterly disgusted, and supremely PO'ed. I absolutely loved the PS1 Spyro games, so I thought "Another Spryro game with PS2 graphics, sweet!". But, without my knowledge, top-knotch game developer Insomniac sold the This is what made me seriously look into a game before I buy it. I purchased this when I was young, using the 50 bucks that I got for my birthday. When I played it, I was utterly disgusted, and supremely PO'ed. I absolutely loved the PS1 Spyro games, so I thought "Another Spryro game with PS2 graphics, sweet!". But, without my knowledge, top-knotch game developer Insomniac sold the Spyro franchise rights to profit-hungry Universal. The result was a game that barely tied in with the originals, had gameplay that wasn't even as good as Spyro 1, a horrible plot, and very short in comparison to the first 3. Looking back at it, I'm suprized I wasn't seriously mentally scarred by playing this game. After staring blankly at the screen for a half hour after completing the game, I broke the disk in 2 and tossed it in the trash. Most people will have more fun burning a 50 dollar bill than playing this game. Expand
  30. ChrisM.
    Dec 17, 2002
    Like Gamespot said "a train wreck of a game" It is unplayable. Horrible, terrible, yuck!
  31. Glenn
    Dec 20, 2002
    In the first spyro games we would have rated the game a 10. Your new game. Is a joke, over half the area don't even work. I should have burned my $50. it would have been more enjoyable.
  32. DavidL.
    Jan 14, 2003
    The graphics are cool, it is more playable, and I do like the multiple breaths. But I also think it was too short. What's 9 levels? It also took some getting used to. And it costs $50! I'm sorry, but $50 for a game, is rediculous!
  33. Lydia
    Nov 29, 2009
    this game lacks a good storyline, the graphics and camera angles are horrific, but the loading times have to be the worst thing about this game! the fact it was rushed out to release gave the impression they wanted to do more, but couldn't. It was meant to feature 25 levels, but only included 9 when it was released! very disappointing!
  34. MargeL.
    Dec 25, 2002
    The game has changed, but in a bad way. The camera never matches with the character, making you dizy. The levels are unorganized. There are mini games, which are on levels, but are called levels. Compared to the original, it is horrible.
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    I am sorry, this is a bad game. Enter The Dragonfly isplagued by glitches, slow moving Spyro, unresponsive controls, and a bad storyline. I always loved Ripto, but his return deserves so much better than this. Don't play this. It may be part of the canon, but I still wouldn't recommend it to any fan. If you want the only good non-Insomniac Spyro game, go play A Hero's Tail. That is theI am sorry, this is a bad game. Enter The Dragonfly isplagued by glitches, slow moving Spyro, unresponsive controls, and a bad storyline. I always loved Ripto, but his return deserves so much better than this. Don't play this. It may be part of the canon, but I still wouldn't recommend it to any fan. If you want the only good non-Insomniac Spyro game, go play A Hero's Tail. That is the only good one outside of the original 3. Expand
  36. May 4, 2012
    When I heard about this game I was really excited to get it. After playing it I noticed how much the gameplay would lag. I tried to keep a positive attitude towards the game until I noticed the 2 minute loading times and difficult gameplays on side quests. The game could have great potential if it wasn't so broken. The graphics were mesmorizing and I like how I could choose differentWhen I heard about this game I was really excited to get it. After playing it I noticed how much the gameplay would lag. I tried to keep a positive attitude towards the game until I noticed the 2 minute loading times and difficult gameplays on side quests. The game could have great potential if it wasn't so broken. The graphics were mesmorizing and I like how I could choose different powers for Spyro's breath. Why did they break this game?! It now sits on my shelf collecting dust. Expand
  37. Dec 27, 2012
    Insomniac leaving Spyro made everything change. The Spyro we loved was replaced. The bold colour pallet of the originals were gone and replaced with a duller beast. The gameplay changed; from a platform heavy game with simple combat to a combat heavy action platformer. Believe me, I loved the originals. But this felt rushed. Gone with the hub worlds. Glitches aplenty and overall wasInsomniac leaving Spyro made everything change. The Spyro we loved was replaced. The bold colour pallet of the originals were gone and replaced with a duller beast. The gameplay changed; from a platform heavy game with simple combat to a combat heavy action platformer. Believe me, I loved the originals. But this felt rushed. Gone with the hub worlds. Glitches aplenty and overall was lacking the content it deserved. The originals were better then this. Extremely disappointing. Expand
  38. Nov 22, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I have ever played with Superman 64 and Sonic Genesis. This game is basically incomplete. The frame rate, story, game play, and voice acting is terrible. The graphics are decent for 2002 but that's it. NEVER PLAY THIS GAME!
  39. Jan 6, 2013
    Gameplay haven't changed since last game, though it feels clumsier and stiffer. Levels and homeworld are pretty boring and blank. Loading is terrible. The story feels like it isn't finished. How did Ripto survive? The game didn't explain.
  40. May 28, 2014
    The only reason this game gets a 4 out of 10 is because of the hilarious glitches, It is clearly not a finished game although it had some potential to be an alright game if more time was spent on it.
  41. Feb 25, 2014
    this game has got so many problems. its got so many glitches, its framerate is bad, its got sound issues, its short and the story is rubbish. its understandable why the game is like this, the developers were rushed to make it. its so sad because this game had so many opportunities to become great but one thing that I love about the game is the sound track it makes me feel at peace sometimes
  42. Apr 9, 2015
    Enter the Dragonfly is a direct sequel to the original trilogy, however it plays like a mix between 2 and 3, where it mostly focuses on Spyro like in 2, however this game has a lot of minigames like in 3, and I think it's a nice balance overall.

A lot of people complained about the load times and glitches, while yes the load times are long, they aren't AS long as people say, plus many glitches are minor, like missing sounds clips or clipping issues, there are bigger glitches but you won't notice them in your main adventure unless you purposely activate them, the biggest glitch I'm aware of is that you can fight the end boss without completing any level.

Speaking of the boss, Ripto is back... despite burning in lava... he's back along with Crush and Gulp who you also killed in Spyro 2, Ripto is the final boss while Crush and Gulp are just... well there, and they bring nothing to the story, plus Ripto asks Spyro if he wants to join forces for some reason despite clearly stating that in Spyro 2 that he "HATES DRAGONS! RAHAASSQQASADB" and Spyro shoots him down while Ripto looks sad :c... what was the point of that? It's just filler pretty much.

The game plays similarly to the original games except with worse controls and different level design, the controls aren't bad but from a game series which always had fantastic controls, why ruin one of the main features of the original franchise? The levels are nice and vaired, you have a farm which has invaded by space cows, a dojo with ninjas, dreamland with bears (Yes I'm serious they pulled a Carebears parody) and more. However this is possibly the smallest Spyro game which follows the same formula as the original games, as this game only has one large hub world, and due to time constraints Universal put onto the developers.

This game does feature a lot of good things, Stewart Copeland returns once again to create some good music, the graphics look good and it feels like it's a Spyro game and it's still a collect-a-thon. Plus Enter the Dragonfly adds breaths into the series, you have fire the default attack, bubble for catching Dragonflies, electricity for doing puzzles and attacking enemies, and ice for freezing enemies, I really like this idea as it brings ideas for puzzles, weaknesses for enemies, and it's nice to see something else besides fire breath without bring a new character.

Overall Enter the Dragonfly is overhated, yes it's not as good as the original trilogy and it's buggy, but it still offers a lot and is overall a fun experience, if you see this game go for a low price (and I mean a low price) pick it up, you might enjoy it, if you don't, I don't blame you.
  43. Sep 4, 2016
    This game is just okay, I will explain why this game is okay, after I explain the negatives. Firstly, this game suffers from 59 second loading times, being covered in glitches, having a lame story and being rushed. Yes, this game was rushed, it was supposed to feature 25 levels, but instead we got 9. We know that Check Six planned for a level known as enchanted forest and a possible SparxThis game is just okay, I will explain why this game is okay, after I explain the negatives. Firstly, this game suffers from 59 second loading times, being covered in glitches, having a lame story and being rushed. Yes, this game was rushed, it was supposed to feature 25 levels, but instead we got 9. We know that Check Six planned for a level known as enchanted forest and a possible Sparx level. Also I would like to point out the fact that there are 151 Baby dragons and 90 baby dragonflies.

The story to this game is worst than the story to Super Mario Bros (1985). Basically Ripto survived somehow after burning in lava, he steals the dragonflies, he finds out they're scattered, Spyro beats him and he runs away. Story=3/10

This game controls exactly the same as the original trilogy, but just stiffer. You can barely move unless you use the analog stick. It also doesn't help that the frame rates and the camera angles are awful. Controllers=4/10

The graphics are just okay, some games even before 2002 looked better though, even spyro 2 looks better than this. Overall it looks okay, but nothing special. Graphics=5/10

The music is yet again by Stewart Copeland, who also did the music for the Ps1 spyro games. The music isn't as good, or as memorable over the original trilogy, but it is just good. Nothing amazing just good. Music=7/10

The level design is nothing new over Spyro 3, it's just the same and adds nothing new. There are lots of levels with themes, such as a dream world, a dojo, a farm with aliens and a lava level with Jurassic Park references. Level design=6.5/10

The levels we have are: The dragon realms, Dragonfly Dojo, Crop Circle Country, Luau Island, Cloud 9, Monkey Monastery, Honey Marsh, Thieves Den, Jurassic Jungle and Chateau Ripto (boss fight).The best level is either Jurassic Jungle or Cloud 9.

The gameplay of this game is also okay, the controllers and STUPID GLITCHES!!! don't help either. Overall it is the same as Spyro 3 and adds nothing new It's still fun to play, but it is heavily flawed. Gameplay=6.5/10

Overall Spyro 4: Enter the Dragonfly is just above average. It's not a bad game, it just doesn't compare to its previous Ps1 counterparts. It just feels the same as spyro 2 and 3, but adds nothing new. It's the fun Spyro we know and love, but slightly worse. Spyro 4 gets 6/10. I did like that it added new breath powers and had some cool levels, but it is just heavily flawed.
  44. Apr 15, 2016
    I actually think this game is a bit under rated. I am willing to admit the cutscences aren't great quality for PS2 standard, and controls are slightly dodgy compared to the PS1 games of Spyro, and a one or two levels are poorly designed. However, I do love the ideas that were in this game - I liked the idea of looking for lost dragonflies, and the idea of Spyro using multiple attacks likeI actually think this game is a bit under rated. I am willing to admit the cutscences aren't great quality for PS2 standard, and controls are slightly dodgy compared to the PS1 games of Spyro, and a one or two levels are poorly designed. However, I do love the ideas that were in this game - I liked the idea of looking for lost dragonflies, and the idea of Spyro using multiple attacks like ice as well as fire. I also found some of the special stages fun. Personally, I love this game. Expand
  45. Jul 3, 2016
    Controls are sticky. This game is very glitchy and the graphics look so bad and ugly. The plot is very bad. The frame rate is terrible. Platforming is alright and everything else is rather okay or mediocre. This game is an epic fail.
  46. Mar 4, 2017
    Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly is an interesting game, as it may be a technical mess, the gameplay itself is okay. The frame-rate is inconsistent and terrible, the graphics aren't particularly good, and the game was rushed for a holiday release, resulting in only 9 levels (instead of the 25 that were planned), all crammed with extra things to make the game feel less incomplete. The music isSpyro: Enter the Dragonfly is an interesting game, as it may be a technical mess, the gameplay itself is okay. The frame-rate is inconsistent and terrible, the graphics aren't particularly good, and the game was rushed for a holiday release, resulting in only 9 levels (instead of the 25 that were planned), all crammed with extra things to make the game feel less incomplete. The music is okay, the controls, while not bad enough to affect gameplay, don't feel as good as the previous three games. The sound frequently glitches up, and I've had a few graphics issues as well. The load times are also WAY too long (about 45-50 seconds!). The gameplay, however, is basically the same as the previous games. The level design is okay, and I'm still capable of having fun, even if the experience is hurt by all of these issues. Expand
  47. Jun 19, 2017
    Enter the dragonfly has clunky controls, a forgettable soundtrack, several glitches and uninspired gameplay. However, the worst offender has to be the loading screens. They are so lengthy, that they interfere with any sort of linear feel that the game tries to give. Level designs also feel very bland.

#7 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#12 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. There really isn’t anything that separates it from other Spyro games. Actually in a lot of ways the PS1 games are much more enjoyable and original.
  2. The graphics are nothing to be proud of, as they seem very similar to what we were presented with on the PS one not too long ago, and nothing in terms of the gameplay or style has changed a bit or improved upon in any way shape or form.
  3. PSM Magazine