9.0

1. Oct 5, 2015
    En la actualidad lo veo repetitivo pero vamos a volver en el pasado cuando salio el juego en 2005 . Es cierto que este juego tenia mucha variedad, batallas espaciales y todo, pero despues de conocer el battlefront 1 me olvide del 2 . Este juego comparado con el 1 no disfrutas tanto y mas su nivel esta muy elevado tan punto que te aburre repetir y repetir, intentar e intentar, sobre todoEn la actualidad lo veo repetitivo pero vamos a volver en el pasado cuando salio el juego en 2005 . Es cierto que este juego tenia mucha variedad, batallas espaciales y todo, pero despues de conocer el battlefront 1 me olvide del 2 . Este juego comparado con el 1 no disfrutas tanto y mas su nivel esta muy elevado tan punto que te aburre repetir y repetir, intentar e intentar, sobre todo por que si fallas debes volver desde el comienzo...... en conclusión del juego pues fue un buen juego pero a la larga te aburres y recordando como un juego mas de mi catalogo de juegos que no tengo especial cariño Expand
  2. May 14, 2013
    You could call this entire review unfair from the start.....but in general I found this to be a mediocre game. I heard this was a very good game recently and decided to play it on my old PS2. I play PS3 now all the time. So anyway, I found the game to have terrible graphics, to be boring, and to have challenging controls. Like I said earlier, the standards of video games have certainlyYou could call this entire review unfair from the start.....but in general I found this to be a mediocre game. I heard this was a very good game recently and decided to play it on my old PS2. I play PS3 now all the time. So anyway, I found the game to have terrible graphics, to be boring, and to have challenging controls. Like I said earlier, the standards of video games have certainly gone up since 2005 so my review could be widely considered unbalanced considering I play games with much higher standards all the time now so I gave it a 5 rather than the 3 experience I had. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    Star Wars Battlefront 2, is probably one of the better star wars shooters out there. It includes a large variety of maps including: Tatotine, Kashyyyk, Coruscant, and even Tantive IV. To add to this, players could also now enter space battles above some of these planets; greatly increasing the enjoyment you can gather.
    New additions to SW: Battlefront 2, are: - A Campaign, following the
    New additions to SW: Battlefront 2, are: - A Campaign, following the lives of the 501st Legion of Clones, and the fall of the Republic
    - A Galactic Conquest map, using Turn-based style, allowed players to take turns in building up their forces, and attacking the other's planets.
    - Space battles, where players could choose to dog fight in space, attack the ship with bombers, or land on the ship and blow it up from the inside
    - The addition of hero characters, which allowed players to use jedis and sith, such as: Yoda, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Obi-wan Kenobi, Boba Fett and Han Solo, just to name a few.

Compared to SW: Battlefront 1; Battlefront 2 has many advantages, but also lacks in a few places. However, this games gives much more than it loses, and still is a great FPS game, for fans of star wars and shooters alike.
  4. SethF.
    Dec 8, 2005
    This game was totally screwed up when attempting on-line play. I am certain this part of the game was rushed to meet the movie release deadline. Another problem is the terrible background contrasts with the AI enemies. You can't see anyone until they start to kill you even on a big screen or plasma TV.
  5. BigBoy
    Nov 21, 2005
    the graphics are muddy. the physics, as in every star wars game, could use alot of help. the controls are too loose and could be better implemented. the game just gives off a cheap feel to it and is a total mess. it's not the best shooter but it's far from the worst. fans of star wars, like me, can try to overlook all this and just love the game b/c it's star wars. hardcore the graphics are muddy. the physics, as in every star wars game, could use alot of help. the controls are too loose and could be better implemented. the game just gives off a cheap feel to it and is a total mess. it's not the best shooter but it's far from the worst. fans of star wars, like me, can try to overlook all this and just love the game b/c it's star wars. hardcore 1st person shooter fans should look elsewhere like towards battlefield 2: modern combat or socom 3. Expand
  6. javive
    Nov 10, 2005
    It's alright. the fact that the 2 Bespin boards, one Yavin 4, Dune Sea???, Naboo Plains??, what in the world was Lucas Arts thinking????
  7. RobB.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Very disapointing, graphically inferior to SWBF 1, the handling for infantry is the only improvment but the turnspeed is far too slow and the characters don't even have shadows! I was particularly disapointed to find there is no first person view in the Starfighters! And the controls for the starfighters are lumpy and crude. If what I have read about the online mode is true (only 4 Very disapointing, graphically inferior to SWBF 1, the handling for infantry is the only improvment but the turnspeed is far too slow and the characters don't even have shadows! I was particularly disapointed to find there is no first person view in the Starfighters! And the controls for the starfighters are lumpy and crude. If what I have read about the online mode is true (only 4 people can play online in a battle where the remaining 20 are CPU bots) then this game can really only appeal to Star Wars fans. As a first person shooter it's very poor compaired to what else is out there. Expand
  8. Mar 14, 2012
    This game has some really memorable and solid game play, if it had all the maps from the previous battlefront, along with some of the features (like being able to go prone, or air and land combat maps) then I would give it maybe a 10, or at least a 9.5. The story mode is well put together, even though it's not too much like today's campaigns, it's more of a storytelling style, from aThis game has some really memorable and solid game play, if it had all the maps from the previous battlefront, along with some of the features (like being able to go prone, or air and land combat maps) then I would give it maybe a 10, or at least a 9.5. The story mode is well put together, even though it's not too much like today's campaigns, it's more of a storytelling style, from a journal of a clone in this elite group called The 501st. The story ties in a lot of loose ends that were in the movies, like what the inhabitants of Kamino did after order 66 was carried out, it mainly takes place during episode 3, between episode 3 and 4, episode 4, and episode 5.
    The combat is either space or land, like I mentioned before, Battlefront 1 had some air and land combat, this has space battles, with giant star ships.
    The space battle game style is very well put together, this is one of my favorite third party titles on the ps2.
    Land battles are pretty great, on the PC, there was the ability to have crap loads of AI, but it isn't that great because of the bugs.
    The PS2 however, is pretty much bug free and has some nice controls.
    Galactic conquest is another mode to play, you take control of a capital ship and you buy upgrades for your troops and conquer enemy planets.
    There is also a huge variety when picking sides and your class, a very well put together game overall, only one problem,,, THE AI IS SO DUMB, the AI on your team that is,, they throw grenades at walls which bounce back and kill them it really sucks, and you need to get good at this game to enjoy it, like,, REALLY GOOD, I am able to slaughter tons of AI with the right setting and weapons, so I am fine, but on the PC version my AI palls die VERY FAST, it's like a genocide (to far?). So, if you won't know if you're good at this game, get the PS2 version, Xbox version is probably the same, but hold off on the PC version, get the PC version when you start to get good, and you want to play against others online, PC version still has some people playing on steam.
    One last thing, a game company is working on battlefront 3, pandemic is not working on it, which is the company that made it before, (Spark or something is making it now)
    Finally as a battlefront fan, I feel i should say this DO NOT BUY BATTLEFRONT RENEGADE SQUADRON FOR THE PSP it is a horrible horrible game, a disappointment and a middle finger to the fans, made by REBELLION, a company that has made a ton of bad games.

Thank you for reading, see you on the battlefield soldier.

1. PSM Magazine
    Space battles can be overwhelming at first, but once you get used to them, it's pretty amazing. [Dec 2005, p.82]
  2. The signature piece of Battlefront II is the ship-to-ship combat... This element makes Battlefront II feel much more like the complete Star Wars experience. [Dec 2005, p.108]
    It captures the thrills of the original, and spices up a few areas while adding some new things. Unfortunately, space battles drag down the total package; but at least it's trying something different.