Star Wars: Battlefront II PlayStation 2

9.0

1. Mar 28, 2015
    Star Wars: Battlefront II takes everything that the first Battlefront game set up and knocks it out of the park. Addictive, death match style gameplay is what's on the menu with Battlefront II, as you choose a side and battle it out over expansive environments in the Star Wars universe, including Hoth, the Daggobbah System, Naboo, the Death Star, and more. The many modes include squadStar Wars: Battlefront II takes everything that the first Battlefront game set up and knocks it out of the park. Addictive, death match style gameplay is what's on the menu with Battlefront II, as you choose a side and battle it out over expansive environments in the Star Wars universe, including Hoth, the Daggobbah System, Naboo, the Death Star, and more. The many modes include squad based battles and space combat, as well as goal-oriented missions and more besides. After completing certain objectives during a mission, you'll be able to play as classic Star Wars characters like Luke, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, Yoda, and more besides. What really makes Battlefront II all the more fun is the online multiplayer and deathmatch features, which are reason enough to pick up Battlefront II. The game looks great and the controls are tight, while the game as a whole wonderfully captures the feel and tone of the Star Wars universe. All in all, Battlefront II is still worth owning for any and every gamer who likes deathmatch style gameplay, and for Star Wars fans, picking this up is a no-brainer. Expand
  2. Jul 1, 2012
    In some way's this feels worse than number one, but you can change the game to give number ones charms back, so lets bare that in mind. Star wars battlefront II is my favourite game of all time. If you look at my homepage you will see i'm hard guy to impress. This game fix's all of the firsts little issues such as the single player, oh the single player. Its actually brilliant, number oneIn some way's this feels worse than number one, but you can change the game to give number ones charms back, so lets bare that in mind. Star wars battlefront II is my favourite game of all time. If you look at my homepage you will see i'm hard guy to impress. This game fix's all of the firsts little issues such as the single player, oh the single player. Its actually brilliant, number one was only amazing in instant action and split-screen, but this is **** great. It covers all your favourite film moments and more. If you hate the 3rd person view, change to first-person as its equally amazing seeing all the gun in action. Galactic conquest has been refined and improved for a truly grand experience. But then you change to instant action, with either a friend or not, and... pure perfection. Battle's are hosted on the favourite planets and little touches as the actual life forms which live there trying to kill everyone is epic. You also can play as specific creatures such as the the terrific wampa and other legends. Have no doubt, this is epic. Expand
  3. Oct 25, 2013
    My real score for this game is 9.8 but since its so close to 10 I'll just give it. Hands down the best game I have played so far, with the exception of semi-easy gameplay, most of the hunt modes being unfair, and some maps I didn't like it's perfect.
  4. Feb 23, 2015
    I loved this game but I wish there were more players on each team like 50v50 and I wish that the AT-AT wasn't so overpowered, I wouldn't die for an entire match when I was on that thing.
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    this is an amazing game and i have had it since the day it came out which was almost 6 years ago and i still play it to this day because it is so good. this game is so much better than the original with the ability to run and being able to play as a jedi instead of having an invincible one that you cant play as and they also added space battles which i was never any good at but again ithis is an amazing game and i have had it since the day it came out which was almost 6 years ago and i still play it to this day because it is so good. this game is so much better than the original with the ability to run and being able to play as a jedi instead of having an invincible one that you cant play as and they also added space battles which i was never any good at but again i never flew around in the one before it. this game does not have a very long story but the story is just the begining when it comes to the replay value on this game you can play instant action on any map you want and have a small battle with a small amout of troops or have a full scale battle that will last about 30 mins with almost 1000 troops that need to be killed. there is also galactic conquest which you can be any of the factions that you want and you must conquer the galaxy and you must purchase each unit and power up with the credits you win from battles and each has thier own cinimatic ending once you own and conquer all the planets. there is even a mode where you can play as good V.S evil and have the good heroes face off against the evil villains in a fight to the death and as if that wasnt enough the game rewards you for being good at it with special upgraded weapons and power ups that eventually become permanent with enough experiance. everything about this game is amazing and is a must buy especially now that you can pick this game up at an EB Games for under $5 so what are you waiting for go out and get it asap Expand
  6. Oct 25, 2011
    Insanely fun with endless gameplay options. One of the best PS2 games ever. F u c k COD. Intense how you can play with Jedi and wampas, tuskens and jawas
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the greatest Star Wars games..Intense land and space battles. Playing as a Jedi, Sith, Bounty hunter... is awesome. Single-player campaign and other modes are interesting. Lots of maps and modes. Any Star Wars fan will have a blast with this game!
  8. Oct 5, 2015
    En la actualidad lo veo repetitivo pero vamos a volver en el pasado cuando salio el juego en 2005 . Es cierto que este juego tenia mucha variedad, batallas espaciales y todo, pero despues de conocer el battlefront 1 me olvide del 2 . Este juego comparado con el 1 no disfrutas tanto y mas su nivel esta muy elevado tan punto que te aburre repetir y repetir, intentar e intentar, sobre todoEn la actualidad lo veo repetitivo pero vamos a volver en el pasado cuando salio el juego en 2005 . Es cierto que este juego tenia mucha variedad, batallas espaciales y todo, pero despues de conocer el battlefront 1 me olvide del 2 . Este juego comparado con el 1 no disfrutas tanto y mas su nivel esta muy elevado tan punto que te aburre repetir y repetir, intentar e intentar, sobre todo por que si fallas debes volver desde el comienzo...... en conclusión del juego pues fue un buen juego pero a la larga te aburres y recordando como un juego mas de mi catalogo de juegos que no tengo especial cariño Expand
  9. Nov 18, 2016
    Not as good as the first one, never the less, the force is strong with this one. Heroes become playable characters and may be used in the battlefield for a limited time.The game includes a plethora of great maps, including the movie locations from Episode III. The space battles are a little chaotic and the player will need some practice to get used to them.
  10. Dec 3, 2015
    Thanks to EA & Dice ripping me off for $110 bucks I decided to review BF2 because I never did..

--Str8^ 10... -co op--THE SPACE COMBAT dominated because you could land in you're enemies capital ship and PWN them....I miss this.... Thanks EA! I will never ever EVER buy a Ea or Dice game again in pre order form....ill wait till its proven to be worth my money,,,,disgusting what they

--Str8^ 10...

Thanks EA! I will never ever EVER buy a Ea or Dice game again in pre order form....ill wait till its proven to be worth my money,,,,disgusting what they did.......

Who else feels EA & Battlefront actually make Me feel like we got ALOOOOT more then we realized with DESTINY..I know WE all fealt like Destiny and Activision screwed us but nothing compared to EA's battlefront...
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    Star Wars: Battlefront II is its predecessor, but even more! The game is easy to pick up and play and the replayability is through the roof! I occasionally put this title in when I'm looking for a good time and it always delivers. Although, there were some minor details I could not overlook, such as: mediocre graphics, lack of much variety, horrible voice acting, and easy gameplay overall.Star Wars: Battlefront II is its predecessor, but even more! The game is easy to pick up and play and the replayability is through the roof! I occasionally put this title in when I'm looking for a good time and it always delivers. Although, there were some minor details I could not overlook, such as: mediocre graphics, lack of much variety, horrible voice acting, and easy gameplay overall. I never really lost too many battles, unless me or my comrades were being careless. That is really every negative thing I can think about it. It and its predecessor are truly must-have games! I have enjoyed this and will continue to because of its amazing gameplay and who can resist playing as Darth Maul blowing everyone anyway, right? What I really found a lot of fun was the assault mode on Mos Eisley where the villains are pitted against the heroes. I'm surprised how hard it is to find, but it is the game's best kept secret! I would really love to see a Star Wars: Battlefront III, but it got canceled, very sadly. As of now, however, DICE is developing a reboot which is really exciting, but I don't intend on getting the expensive next-gen consoles which it is exclusive to, so maybe I should reconsider them. I would absolutely pre-order it had it been made for Xbox 360, especially if it included more game modes and better online connection. Overall, anyone with an Xbox, PC, or PS2 really must have this title, even if they are not interested in Star Wars. Expand
  12. Jan 24, 2014
    This game is incredible just like the first, your able to play in 1st or 3rd person, I only do 1st person whenever I play alone since whenever you do splitscreen it wouldn't show your gun which feels weird. The multiplayer I wouldn't do since It's laggy (for my case) like the enemies would feel like they take more shots to kill, and you'll mostly just see everyone just using explosivesThis game is incredible just like the first, your able to play in 1st or 3rd person, I only do 1st person whenever I play alone since whenever you do splitscreen it wouldn't show your gun which feels weird. The multiplayer I wouldn't do since It's laggy (for my case) like the enemies would feel like they take more shots to kill, and you'll mostly just see everyone just using explosives only such as rocket launchers, mines and so on. Overall the game has great replay value, a fun galactic conquest, awesome perks for getting those medals on legendary (I think that's what it's called), so many game modes and maps (My favorite is Jabba's Palace, my dad's is Polis Massa (droids don't die when in space!), and so much more! Hope the next Battlefront is just as good! Expand
  13. May 19, 2012
    The best Star Wars game I have ever played. There is nice mode which allows for strategic conquest of certain parts of the galaxy in different eras, which in itself is fantastic.
  14. Aug 2, 2013
    A perfect, timeless Star Wars classic that never grows old or ever loses its fun. SWBFII has been and might always will be my favorite game of all time!
  15. Aug 26, 2010
    Even better than the first. Battlefront 2 has space battles, you can play as jedi's, and lots of vehichles. It was by far one of the better games of the PS2 it had a great multiplayer weather you had an internet connection or not. I played this game for 3 years until i got my 360 unfortunately mine did break so seeing no other games worth playing on the PS2 i traded mine in. The PS2 was aEven better than the first. Battlefront 2 has space battles, you can play as jedi's, and lots of vehichles. It was by far one of the better games of the PS2 it had a great multiplayer weather you had an internet connection or not. I played this game for 3 years until i got my 360 unfortunately mine did break so seeing no other games worth playing on the PS2 i traded mine in. The PS2 was a great system much better then the PS3 and maybe the xbox 360. If battlefront comes out with a new game for the PS3 i might consider getting it, but for now i much rather prefer my 360 with halo, and my favorite gaming controler. But i would consider buying a PS3 for battlefront 3. I give it a 9 out of 10 Expand
  16. Apr 3, 2011
    This is the first shooter that I ever played as a kid, and still I call it the best. Online? whatever, give me a LAN party or just playing with my brother, this game ruined many, many nights of sleep for me and I still haven't recovered. While the graphics are sub-par, the voice acting isn't stellar, and the story isn't top-notch, the game has it where it counts: gameplay. Space combat,This is the first shooter that I ever played as a kid, and still I call it the best. Online? whatever, give me a LAN party or just playing with my brother, this game ruined many, many nights of sleep for me and I still haven't recovered. While the graphics are sub-par, the voice acting isn't stellar, and the story isn't top-notch, the game has it where it counts: gameplay. Space combat, ground combat, vehicles, Jedi, this game is brilliant when it comes to third-person shooters and has a place in my heart. Expand
  17. May 23, 2011
    This is a great game with good graphics alot harder than the first and the jedi are fun to play as, the space are fun but really hard and the ships are pretty hard to hit it's annoying somtimes to miss all the time but most of the time it's really fun.
  18. Nov 6, 2015
    This game was the definition of my childhood. It was truly one of the best, if not the best, games for the Playstation 2. Will the new 2015 game live up to it's predecessor? Who knows, but there's one thing we do know, it's Star Wars and it's awesome!
  19. Sep 19, 2011
    Hmmmmm? The best Star Wars game and one of my favorite game. Star Wars BF II is very good fpp/tpp shooter, but better tpp. :) This game have very good single player with bots, but the best is split screen play with friend. Graphics in game is nice and gameplay is amazing! My rate is 9,5/10 and i advice this game.
  20. Mar 14, 2012
    This game has some really memorable and solid game play, if it had all the maps from the previous battlefront, along with some of the features (like being able to go prone, or air and land combat maps) then I would give it maybe a 10, or at least a 9.5. The story mode is well put together, even though it's not too much like today's campaigns, it's more of a storytelling style, from aThis game has some really memorable and solid game play, if it had all the maps from the previous battlefront, along with some of the features (like being able to go prone, or air and land combat maps) then I would give it maybe a 10, or at least a 9.5. The story mode is well put together, even though it's not too much like today's campaigns, it's more of a storytelling style, from a journal of a clone in this elite group called The 501st. The story ties in a lot of loose ends that were in the movies, like what the inhabitants of Kamino did after order 66 was carried out, it mainly takes place during episode 3, between episode 3 and 4, episode 4, and episode 5.
    The combat is either space or land, like I mentioned before, Battlefront 1 had some air and land combat, this has space battles, with giant star ships.
    The space battle game style is very well put together, this is one of my favorite third party titles on the ps2.
    Land battles are pretty great, on the PC, there was the ability to have crap loads of AI, but it isn't that great because of the bugs.
    The PS2 however, is pretty much bug free and has some nice controls.
    Galactic conquest is another mode to play, you take control of a capital ship and you buy upgrades for your troops and conquer enemy planets.
    There is also a huge variety when picking sides and your class, a very well put together game overall, only one problem,,, THE AI IS SO DUMB, the AI on your team that is,, they throw grenades at walls which bounce back and kill them it really sucks, and you need to get good at this game to enjoy it, like,, REALLY GOOD, I am able to slaughter tons of AI with the right setting and weapons, so I am fine, but on the PC version my AI palls die VERY FAST, it's like a genocide (to far?). So, if you won't know if you're good at this game, get the PS2 version, Xbox version is probably the same, but hold off on the PC version, get the PC version when you start to get good, and you want to play against others online, PC version still has some people playing on steam.
    One last thing, a game company is working on battlefront 3, pandemic is not working on it, which is the company that made it before, (Spark or something is making it now)
    Finally as a battlefront fan, I feel i should say this DO NOT BUY BATTLEFRONT RENEGADE SQUADRON FOR THE PSP it is a horrible horrible game, a disappointment and a middle finger to the fans, made by REBELLION, a company that has made a ton of bad games.

Thank you for reading, see you on the battlefield soldier.
  21. Mar 6, 2012
    Star Wars Battlefront 2, is probably one of the better star wars shooters out there. It includes a large variety of maps including: Tatotine, Kashyyyk, Coruscant, and even Tantive IV. To add to this, players could also now enter space battles above some of these planets; greatly increasing the enjoyment you can gather.
    New additions to SW: Battlefront 2, are: - A Campaign, following the
    New additions to SW: Battlefront 2, are: - A Campaign, following the lives of the 501st Legion of Clones, and the fall of the Republic
    - A Galactic Conquest map, using Turn-based style, allowed players to take turns in building up their forces, and attacking the other's planets.
    - Space battles, where players could choose to dog fight in space, attack the ship with bombers, or land on the ship and blow it up from the inside
    - The addition of hero characters, which allowed players to use jedis and sith, such as: Yoda, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Obi-wan Kenobi, Boba Fett and Han Solo, just to name a few.

Compared to SW: Battlefront 1; Battlefront 2 has many advantages, but also lacks in a few places. However, this games gives much more than it loses, and still is a great FPS game, for fans of star wars and shooters alike.
  22. Apr 26, 2016
    The last good Battlefront game before EA got the license for Star Wars. Let's list a couple of things that makes this superior over EA's sh*tty unbalanced content lacking version.

- Prequel content - Singleplayer story - Offline battles vs bots - Galactic Conquest - Classes - Space Battles - Over 20 Heroes & Villains - More maps and planets - No overpriced Season Pass - No

- Prequel content
    - More maps and planets
    - No overpriced Season Pass
    - No Season Pass
    - Not published by EA
    - Not charging us for content that should have been in the game when it launched

I can seriously go on and on. The only thing this game is missing is mutliplayer. Which you can still play by playing the PC version. Just go out and get this game instead of EA's "reboot" version.
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    Quite honestly, the only reason I bought the PS2 was for this game. Ignoring the obviously bad AI, this game delivers on everything else. Space battles are also very fun and the land battles are enjoyable. The improvements over the first Battlefront are very noticeable, mostly faster loading times and better graphics. An overall excellent game and worth the buy.
  24. Aug 10, 2014
    One of my favorite games of all time. The best mode you can do is Assault on Mos Eisley in instant action. Its a full out jedi battle in mos eisley that's very addicting. There's plenty of story (Rise of Empire), then theres a startegy type game where you have to take control of every planet (Galactic Conquest) and then Instant Action is where you can make your own customized playlist ofOne of my favorite games of all time. The best mode you can do is Assault on Mos Eisley in instant action. Its a full out jedi battle in mos eisley that's very addicting. There's plenty of story (Rise of Empire), then theres a startegy type game where you have to take control of every planet (Galactic Conquest) and then Instant Action is where you can make your own customized playlist of arenas and army you fight as. There are plenty of solider classes, awesome space fights, and cool vehicles to pilot. If you have ps2 and not this game you should look out for it Expand
  25. J0e
    Jan 16, 2016
    It is a great game and a must have for star wars fans and Is fun even for non star wars fans I have one little problem and that is on the front cover you can see kit fisto in the back left but he is not a playable character and should have more playable characters from the movie like saeese tiin and commander Cody. Overall it is a great game and is fun for star wars fans and non star wars fans.
  26. Sep 18, 2013
    This game has to be one of the best and original games I've ever played, absolute classic, awesome gameplay, pretty good graphics and optimization for such an old game, I really couldn't get enough of this game when I was young, this game really was my childhood.
  27. Feb 21, 2016
    Played it recently and my god it holds up well today. Playing on mustafar with Anakin with the original score in the background is still as dramatic as 8 years ago. The map design is crazy good and there are loads of maps. The amount of content in this games kills games today.
  28. Aug 5, 2013
    It should be a federal crime to give this game anything below a 10. You may call me a nostalgia critic, but the replayability value is seemingly infinite. I can't stop playing it. I am purchasing the most expensive limited edition of DICE's reboot which is coming in Summer 2015 directly at midnight. This is, by no doubt, the best Star Wars game ever made, and definitely in my top 5 bestIt should be a federal crime to give this game anything below a 10. You may call me a nostalgia critic, but the replayability value is seemingly infinite. I can't stop playing it. I am purchasing the most expensive limited edition of DICE's reboot which is coming in Summer 2015 directly at midnight. This is, by no doubt, the best Star Wars game ever made, and definitely in my top 5 best games ever made. Expand
  29. Feb 4, 2015
    This is a game I would call perfect. It's not the fact that I can't find anything wrong with it, it's the fact that I can't find anything it could have done better. Just sublime. Buy it on whatever platform you want, it's perfect on all of them. 10 out of 10.
  30. May 14, 2013
    You could call this entire review unfair from the start.....but in general I found this to be a mediocre game. I heard this was a very good game recently and decided to play it on my old PS2. I play PS3 now all the time. So anyway, I found the game to have terrible graphics, to be boring, and to have challenging controls. Like I said earlier, the standards of video games have certainlyYou could call this entire review unfair from the start.....but in general I found this to be a mediocre game. I heard this was a very good game recently and decided to play it on my old PS2. I play PS3 now all the time. So anyway, I found the game to have terrible graphics, to be boring, and to have challenging controls. Like I said earlier, the standards of video games have certainly gone up since 2005 so my review could be widely considered unbalanced considering I play games with much higher standards all the time now so I gave it a 5 rather than the 3 experience I had. Expand

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#12 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    Space battles can be overwhelming at first, but once you get used to them, it's pretty amazing. [Dec 2005, p.82]
  2. The signature piece of Battlefront II is the ship-to-ship combat... This element makes Battlefront II feel much more like the complete Star Wars experience. [Dec 2005, p.108]
    It captures the thrills of the original, and spices up a few areas while adding some new things. Unfortunately, space battles drag down the total package; but at least it's trying something different.