8.6

1. May 22, 2011
    This game is great everyone whose played it at my house love it a great game although the vehicles are quite strong but rockets can destroy them overall it's a great game buy it
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    Best Star Wars game ever, and one of the best on the PS2. It's dirt cheap now so buy it. DICE is making a new Battlefront, so yeah, it's going be be awesome (just pray to God that EA won't screw it up).
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    This is the game that all video gamer Star Wars fans have been waiting for. We have been given the opportunity to take part in the epic battles we saw in the movies as well as having the change to drive the great vehicles as well.
  4. Feb 4, 2013
    Star wars battlefront is the best star wars game ever made.
    Presentation-7.3
    The game's graphics are decent overall. There are shining points in the game's visuals, enviornments are varied, explosions look good and all, but it just looks overall average. The sound design from ost, explosions, and voice acting is great. The game has some minor glitches and a stable framerate.
    Game play-8

The maps in battlefront are very well designed and no match fell into a particular pattern. The controls are great and easy to get used to. Even the vehicles are easily controlled. The mechanics such as vehicle driving, shooting, and using strategy is great. The AI is decent, but have their stupid moments. In terms of content, there's only conquest, but there is such diversity with gameplay like character classes that it doesn't matter. You can turn the Jedi on giving a battle commander feel to it. And, some maps have secondary things to assault such as the tecno union ships, shield bunker, and the shield generator. You can play with 16 players online, and with bots added in to command and lead a squad you can have 32 soldiers on one map. So if 16 players isn't enough, just add some bots. There are sixteen maps and the classes are well balanced. The maps are so large that each map is equal to two or three medium sized maps found in other shooters. Galatic conquest provides more strategy than instant action, and the historical campaign will unlock new movies to watch on your gamesystem. There's tons of vehicles to drive and plenty of weapons to use.
    The verdict-8 Battlefront is a real surprise. What it does it does well. The game's graphics and AI may be average, but don't let that stop you from buying this great game.
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    This is my favorite Star Wars game. I loved that for the first time, you could be put right into the action in the Star Wars universe. I have the PC version, which has tons of mods available, which gives this game even more replay value.

All Star Wars fans should play this game if they haven't already.
  6. Oct 23, 2013
    This is such a great game i dont know were to start; great graphics, good control, excellent war simulacion and atmosphere, You feel part of a larger battle and the A.I is competent covering each other with good support, If you are reading the end of this get of your ass and go buy one. NOW!!
  7. Jun 14, 2012
    Star Wars: Battlefront is the best Star Wars game I have played (not including Lego Star Wars: The Video Game, of course). I loved the idea of being a soldier in a Star Wars battle and it was a very creative idea. I thought the game was like a combination of Risk and Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness; both good games. It was good times while it lasted, but that wasn't very long at all. Galactic Conquest was pretty interesting and mixed up the gameplay with planetary bonuses. There were a few things I thought could be better, though. The vehicles made you look like you are hammered and they blew up too easily. Also, it was too short and didn't have enough maps. Some of the maps, like Kashyyyk: Docks, gave the enemy massive vehicles (that took way to many hits to destroy, mind you), while you had nothing of the sort. Furthermore, I cannot believe nobody noticed the droidekas! They are the win of the battle for the Trade Federation Army most every time. They have a impenetrable shield that can be put up for like 30 seconds and put down for like 7. They are pretty much invincible turrets on wheels! Overall, a great strategic game (except when your team doesn't catch on to your strategy) and I can't wait to play Star Wars: Battlefront II because I definitely craved more from this title! Expand
  8. Mar 25, 2012
    A Very fun game, very fun multiplayer - on split screen and online - the campaign is nothing special though. The vechicles are very cool to ride in as well. The locations are neat as they are classic star wars planets such as hoth, naboo, bespin and kasheke.
  9. May 10, 2012
    ok game......sadly my friend is not the brightest in video game system taste....he insults the wii a lot...i dont see why he says that when hes the person that owns a ps2 no pffense to all the ps2 owners out there.....the ps2 was a legend once upon a time like the gamecube the n64......either ways the game itself has decent graphics for a ps2.....also the multi player is fun....however the machines and tanks could be better especilly the turrets.......and it feals horrible when your battling a tank on fot and you dont have any weapons that could do real effective damage except a rocket luncher....well obviously you bring down the tank....while your doing that your opponent steps out of the tank and mowes you down with a rifle while you only habe one shot to kill your opponent.....and your opponent could easly dodge the rocket...howevrr i like the games rocket launcher lock on ability......it also is lame how you cant kill jedis in story mode....overall the ame is ok....... Expand
  10. May 19, 2012
    Very good SW game, has quite a few things the sequel is unfortunately missing, and as a result stands out as its own game that can be played without the sequel completely replacing it.
  11. Jul 1, 2012
    One of my favourite games of all time, but I want to review number 2 now so i'll quickly tell you why. You aren't a jedi, killing a jedi however makes you feel like the worlds biggest badass. It has spaceships on ground which number 2 didn't have as it made it too easy to just bomb everywhere. You control an army on the best places in the universe. Its just perfect ok?
  12. Jul 8, 2014
    I can't say something very important which is both wrong about this, but I don't know why there is not the possibility of playing with Jedi. It should be an important feature, but, thankfully, that's in the second game. Good gameplay for that time, nice graphics and levels that connect one to each other.
  13. Jun 9, 2014
    I am surprised at the critic scores and user scores I expected 9 from users and +90 from critics, great game! Loved everything about it much better then the second in my opinion, so many great memories of trying to beat the game and all the levels Loved Naboo soo fun to play, If you want a game to play with your friends this is defenitely the one

1. The maps offer opportunities for strategy and the online battles are a blast.
  2. The game is extremely fun to play, I just don’t know how many times a person can try to destroy or protect the generator shields on Hoth before growing bored.
  3. But for those of you avid Star War fans who were expecting something spectacular this one just doesn't have all the right ingredients.