Star Wars: Bounty Hunter PlayStation 2

8.2

1. Oct 24, 2013
    Lucasarts was once well-known in the gaming industry for creating some of the most compelling, innovative, and outlandishly fun experiences in history. As sad as it is to see them go, you can always do yourself a service by going back and seeing what made them so great in the first place. Bounty Hunter is one such example that shows their prowess in crafting an intricate and original storyLucasarts was once well-known in the gaming industry for creating some of the most compelling, innovative, and outlandishly fun experiences in history. As sad as it is to see them go, you can always do yourself a service by going back and seeing what made them so great in the first place. Bounty Hunter is one such example that shows their prowess in crafting an intricate and original story housing some of the most memorable (if not the most memorable) characters seen in any of their games. Following Jango on an adventure that includes him assassinating corrupt senators, infiltrating a crime-lord's barracks, delving into Coruscant's underworld to find where certain dangerous drugs are being smuggled, and breaking into an asteroid-based prison are only a few of the levels you'll have a blast playing through, however challenging they may be. Rest assured you won't feel disempowered or bored on your travels; Jango has access to all of the galaxy's more sophisticated weaponry and gadgets, from silent toxic darts, to a whipcord for roping up enemies, to his signature flamethrower and dual pistols. You'll even get jetpack upgrades along the way. In addition to the already-stellar narrative, you can take on side-missions in each level by scanning NPCs (who roam the map, going about their daily business), and find out whether any of them have a bounty on their head. Once they're marked, you can cash in for the reward, dead or alive, but the ensuing chase is where the real fun comes in. All in all, Bounty Hunter serves to show us just how fun a Star Wars game can be, and makes Episode 2 just a tad more bearable when you understand who Zam Wessel is, and why Jango ever decided to join Count Dooku (which the game's CG cut-scenes serve to explain in fine detail). Prepare to be dazzled. You owe it to Lucasarts to play one of their greatest games. Expand
  2. GlennS.
    Feb 8, 2003
    My only complaint is that what's the point of getting all that money if u cant use it? Otherwise an awesome game.
  3. ScottT.
    Apr 4, 2003
    Good fun and loads of action. Downside is the bugs Ive found which sometimes cause lock-ups. Overall Fantastic!
  4. JonathanF.
    May 3, 2003
    Look, John H, Daniel C and Pizza the Hutt. Are you sure you're playing the same game as me? I can't even live with you giving it a 2, never mind Pepperoni man over here giving it a zero! It rules, no one can beat it for blasting, and probably one of the best games ever. Made up your mind yet, you three?
  5. SomeoneElse
    May 8, 2003
    Pizza the hut. Thers something wrong with u.
  6. ByronM.
    May 9, 2003
    This game is everything i thought it would be,although the camera angles could be better,but nothing too serious,the graphics are flawless and lucas did it again. good job to everyone who worked on this project.
  7. JohnD.
    Apr 15, 2003
    This game rules all. Best game ever for PS2. Blows away any game you can think of.
  8. NigelG.
    Mar 14, 2003
    The game rules! the jetpack helps a lot!!!!
  9. k/cfett
    Mar 21, 2003
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! UP yours Game Informer.
  10. Jan 24, 2016
    This game literally makes you become Jango Fett. The levels are also insanely hard, and a lightning fast trigger finger is required, prepare to die ALOT. But that is how it should be, because being Jango Fett isnt a walk in the park. Probably my favorite third person shooter, the controls and weapons provide you with everything you need to take down thousands of enemies.
  11. Dec 5, 2016
    Where do I begin with this game? For all those fruitful game champions out there, be prepared to meet your match. Not only is this game hard as hell, but at times you'll almost be glad it's kicking your ass. Now don't get me wrong, it's not all fun and games. While playing through the sometimes treacherously long and always confusing levels, you cant help but just yell in frustration atWhere do I begin with this game? For all those fruitful game champions out there, be prepared to meet your match. Not only is this game hard as hell, but at times you'll almost be glad it's kicking your ass. Now don't get me wrong, it's not all fun and games. While playing through the sometimes treacherously long and always confusing levels, you cant help but just yell in frustration at the 44th death in the chapter. It's a learning experience, the more you play, the more you want to beat the challenge of the game. Each level is carefully crafted and beautiful in its own way from vast open landscapes (dune sea levels) to the gritty innards of labyrinth-style building complexes (prison levels). To say the least, no matter what environment Jango is stacked up against, it's an absolute blast to navigate him to the end. Oh and speaking of blast... be prepared to build some callus's on your right hand fingers. Jango's blasters fire only as fast as you can press the button and let me tell you, he needs to fire them fast! The controls are amazing for the year this game was released. The bounty hunter can perform all sorts of moves and tricks and the jet-pack dynamic is additive to fun combinations of game-play. Play around with him and you'll end up finding epic and sometimes hilarious game moments. One last note: this game is not for the weak. You WILL Die. If you think you're up to the challenge, trying taking this beast of a game on and see if you come out on top. If I could give this game a 9.5 I would. My friend and I marathoned the entire game off and on over the course of a month or so. We found endless hilarity and epic encounters. All in all, I strongly recommend this game Expand
  12. Apr 4, 2017
    8.1 - Can be very frustrating and cheap at times, but overall a fun and well-detailed action/adventure game. Physics and shooting are well done and very fast-paced, and environments are varied.

#46 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#6 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

Could have been great, but relies too heavily on the "Jango Fett is cool" idea, and doesn't have the depth of gameplay needed to hold most people's interest.
    Despite all the things Jango can do, control is streamlined and intuitive... A rock-solid action title that should keep Fett fans very happy.
  3. Game Informer
    With an archaic graphics engine, dreadfully awful camera tracking, extensive load times, and some of the most atrocious mission challenges known to man, it becomes quite clear where this game went wrong. [Jan 2003, p.89]