7.5

1. Oct 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is only for those who are a big Star Wars fanatic. As a game, the level design is really repetitive. It doesn't require any intelligence whatsoever. Instead, you just power up special moves so that you can beat the hoard of enemies and the boss. The graphics are great, all except the cutscenes. What happened there! The cutscenes are rightfully named; cut up scenes. However, if you happen to be a Star Wars fan, you will find yourself going, "Hey! I remember that!" It does not really hold your interest, but it is cool to bring down the AT-ST! The Emperor (the final boss) takes a millennium to take down. Overall fun game to pick up if you love Star Wars. Expand
  2. AlJimenez
    Nov 10, 2008
    This is a very good SW title that shouldn't be missed (Especially if your a fan of the movies). While the graphics aren't on par with the PS3's or the 360, it still looks great and everything else about it (Sounds, controls, etc) are good also. This is one of those SW games that should/needs to be made into a movie as it's story line is fantastic. And cause it onlyThis is a very good SW title that shouldn't be missed (Especially if your a fan of the movies). While the graphics aren't on par with the PS3's or the 360, it still looks great and everything else about it (Sounds, controls, etc) are good also. This is one of those SW games that should/needs to be made into a movie as it's story line is fantastic. And cause it only costs $39.99 on the PS2, you'll save $20 and still get a great game (Sans the achievments from the 360 version). Expand
  3. aa
    Oct 2, 2008
    It's fun while it lasts. The only thing that sucks is that I thought it would last longer. It would have been better, because just as I started upgrading my force powers to 75% and 100% max, the game ended. I didn't get to finish with full force :(

**WARNING! THE FOLLOWING MAY BE CONSIDERED A SPOILER** It ends right after you defeat someone. I thought you would have to

**WARNING! THE FOLLOWING MAY BE CONSIDERED A SPOILER**
    It ends right after you defeat someone. I thought you would have to defeat someone else more powerful after defeating the first guy, but no. The freaking credits come up.

I'm thinking about reselling this game for $30 because there's no use to keeping it, since there's no multiplayer.

On the bright side, after you win, you can start a new campaign with all of your abilities earned from the previous campaign.

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008
#7 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2008

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    If you haven't upgraded to a PS3, the action, story, and exclusive levels here won't disappoint. [Oct 2008, p.76]
    Uninspired level design and some tedious enemy battles mar an experience that gives you power over the Force like we've never really seen before. While it's far from perfect, Star Wars fans will find that it's worth playing through simply for its story and the ability to use the Force in fairly awesome ways.
  3. The fancy technology powering the experience is impressive, as is the performance by actors who lent their voices and likenesses to the game's pivotal characters. That's mixed with rote game mechanics -- hack, slash, fight big boss, level ends -- that can easily grow tiresome, and a leveling up system that's more distraction than a way to create a customized character.