State of Emergency PlayStation 2

Feb 7, 2002
    This game kicks ass.
  2. T.C.
    Feb 20, 2002
    It bites. Yawn. People running around doing nothing...but running. Can you start the riot? No. Can you loot stuff from behind the glass you just broke? No. Can you go in the shops in the mall? No. Can you pick people up and throw them? No. Does it stink? Yes. Is it over-hyped and simply riding on the coat-tails of GTA3? Yes.
  3. SeanG.
    Feb 20, 2002
    Bought it without waiting for reviews. BAD CALL. Played for 15 minutes...Why is this a Playstation 2 game and not PS1? Missions are basically the same...But I only played 20 minutes worth.
  4. Mike
    Mar 1, 2003
    This game is cool , lotta action in it, the guns are great...it lacks a good 2 player mode , and needs MORE missions. Its very much like fighting force from the arcades. It needs a better concept, and different missions, it feels the same everytime, but I still have fun!
  5. MattR.
    Feb 19, 2002
    Not GTA3. This game gets old fast because there ins't the open ended play of GTA.
  6. MatthewB.
    Feb 20, 2002
    It's a shame that both GTA3 and Max Payne had to come out before this game. This game has a pretty solid engine (although the lack of a jump button frustrates me to no end), and the scenerios and sense of running around frantically is great! They pushed this game about as far as they could, however there lies the problem. This game was doomed from the get-go from the lack of possible It's a shame that both GTA3 and Max Payne had to come out before this game. This game has a pretty solid engine (although the lack of a jump button frustrates me to no end), and the scenerios and sense of running around frantically is great! They pushed this game about as far as they could, however there lies the problem. This game was doomed from the get-go from the lack of possible depth. There is no way they could have made this game a "great one" (such as GTA3) because the whole concept did not allow for depth. Anyways, that aside, it is does have solid gameplay, decent graphics (they are what they are), and pretty unique AI. Had this game come out before the other two I mentioned earlier, it may have even received a higher score from me. Still this game lacks depth, and for me that is what takes a mediocre game into a good one, and a good one into a great one! This is mediocre in my books. Expand
    Mar 15, 2002
    This is the best game EVER!!!
  8. Raiden
    Apr 5, 2002
    Crap. Too short. You'll like it for the first 5 minutes until you realise that you're doing the same thing over and over and over again, and it's not that much fun. This game doesn't have as much freedom as people make out. I think you should have been able to walk into shops and drive vehicles, there also is no multiplayer mode shortening the lifespan even more. Crap. Too short. You'll like it for the first 5 minutes until you realise that you're doing the same thing over and over and over again, and it's not that much fun. This game doesn't have as much freedom as people make out. I think you should have been able to walk into shops and drive vehicles, there also is no multiplayer mode shortening the lifespan even more. Overall it is not worth your hard earned cash, but ideal for an overnight rental with some mates. Expand
  9. CrocoKoala
    May 2, 2002
    Fun for about five minutes, then you'll never play it again. Controversial narrative but fundamentally dull, with crude graphics and irritating missions. Avoid.
  10. DarylM.
    Mar 2, 2003
    WOW! this game is really quite fun...for like the first 3 seconds, after that you realise how boring, repetitive and dull it is. This game had one of the most exciting amazingly fun sounding concepts, it could've been fantastic.....but it's not rent it, play it, burn it.
  11. JustinAsher
    Sep 4, 2008
    This is a very fun game with humor and madness and for Kyle K. to say it is too short is outrageous, the game has at least 200 missions. This game was not mean't to be deep and serious. It is just a fun and humorous game. A game like none other. This is just another example of why Rockstar Games is the best gaming company out their. I am dissapointed they didn't make the sequel.
  12. SilentJoe
    Feb 16, 2002
    Awesome game, a must have.
  13. TristanH.
    Feb 21, 2002
    I love this game! I don't own it but my friend does. For anyone on here who doesn't like it, e-mail me and I'll buy it from you. t_man9mm@hotmail.com
  14. NickT.
    Feb 27, 2002
    This game kicks ass!!! u can do anything from chucking grenades thru windows to beatin' the hell out of well....anyone.
  15. UmbertoM.
    Jul 25, 2002
    The producers as well as the developers should be ashamed of themselves.
  16. KyleK.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Loads of fun, loads of body parts in all different directions but it's a really short game. Senseless violent wannabies here's your type of game.
  17. FranF.
    Jan 9, 2003
    Perhaps one of the worst games of 2002. Poor collision detection, bad camera, extremely boring and repetive gameplay. Do yourself a favor and don't even bother renting this junk.
  18. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    Graphics aren't that great and the game isn't very addicting. It's way to short. The blood and violence is high and I like that. But it's definitely a gta wannabe.
  19. Hades
    Mar 10, 2003
    I usually don't totally bash a game and give it a blatantly horrible score but State of Emergency easily grants me leniency in doing so. This is, by far, one of the most horrible things i've ever had to deal with. An accurate description would be Grand Theft Auto's "fighting engine" minus all of the fun. True there are many missions to accomplish, but when they all take I usually don't totally bash a game and give it a blatantly horrible score but State of Emergency easily grants me leniency in doing so. This is, by far, one of the most horrible things i've ever had to deal with. An accurate description would be Grand Theft Auto's "fighting engine" minus all of the fun. True there are many missions to accomplish, but when they all take place in the same little area, repetition is guranteed to appear. The game was fun for about an hour max, then you find yourself just running around in the same swarm of people that are doing nothing to help the riots ...just thinking about the gameplay is making me upset. Overall NEVER buy this game even if its only like 5$ (save your money trust me i got my copy for only 10$) and never rent this game either its that horrible usually i recommend at least renting a game but this is simply a nauseating game. Pass on this garbage. Expand
  20. Matt
    Apr 12, 2003
    This game is Fun. i think too many people expected this game to be like GTA 3 but it was not. it was a whole new type of game. and they are making a movie about this game which means WOW WE LIKED IT!! just try it and dont think of GTA 3 and this game will be great thanks.
  21. NicholasB.
    Mar 19, 2002
    This game was made in 5 minutes. The missions are the same through the whole thing... boring.
  22. SolidSnake
    Jul 14, 2002
    When I first rented this game, I gave it a score of 9/10. But after two days of playing it, I came to the conclusion that it's no where near that score. It's too repetitive. I reccomend you play it with friends as an overnight rental.
  23. Aug 8, 2013
    my review for the PS2 game state of emergency

SINGLE PLAYER (STORY)- 4/10. the story is strung together very poorly. in fact, there isn't much of a story at all. it is just about blowing things up. GRAPHICS- 9/10. great for the time, especially with the loads of NPC's and explosions. SOUND- 8/10. nothing special here. explosions and shooting. GAMEPLAY- 8/10. a mindless shooting fest
    my review for the PS2 game state of emergency

SOUND- 8/10. nothing special here. explosions and shooting.
    GAMEPLAY- 8/10. a mindless shooting fest that is a great stress reliever or a time killer. no control problems.
    FUN FACTOR- 8/10. very enjoyable yet simple game.
    OVERALL- 8/10.

Manic, frenzied and violent gaming at it’s gripping best.
  2. When you strip away the high-tech hijinx, what's left will leave most players saying, "That's it?" all too quickly. [May 2002, p.30]
  3. The sheer amount of people and the speed of the action really pumps home a great sensation of hysteria.