State of Emergency PlayStation 2

5.6

1. SeanG.
    Feb 20, 2002
    Bought it without waiting for reviews. BAD CALL. Played for 15 minutes...Why is this a Playstation 2 game and not PS1? Missions are basically the same...But I only played 20 minutes worth.
  2. Mike
    Mar 1, 2003
    This game is cool , lotta action in it, the guns are great...it lacks a good 2 player mode , and needs MORE missions. Its very much like fighting force from the arcades. It needs a better concept, and different missions, it feels the same everytime, but I still have fun!
  3. MattR.
    Feb 19, 2002
    Not GTA3. This game gets old fast because there ins't the open ended play of GTA.
  4. MatthewB.
    Feb 20, 2002
    It's a shame that both GTA3 and Max Payne had to come out before this game. This game has a pretty solid engine (although the lack of a jump button frustrates me to no end), and the scenerios and sense of running around frantically is great! They pushed this game about as far as they could, however there lies the problem. This game was doomed from the get-go from the lack of possible It's a shame that both GTA3 and Max Payne had to come out before this game. This game has a pretty solid engine (although the lack of a jump button frustrates me to no end), and the scenerios and sense of running around frantically is great! They pushed this game about as far as they could, however there lies the problem. This game was doomed from the get-go from the lack of possible depth. There is no way they could have made this game a "great one" (such as GTA3) because the whole concept did not allow for depth. Anyways, that aside, it is does have solid gameplay, decent graphics (they are what they are), and pretty unique AI. Had this game come out before the other two I mentioned earlier, it may have even received a higher score from me. Still this game lacks depth, and for me that is what takes a mediocre game into a good one, and a good one into a great one! This is mediocre in my books. Expand
  5. KyleK.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Loads of fun, loads of body parts in all different directions but it's a really short game. Senseless violent wannabies here's your type of game.
  6. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    Graphics aren't that great and the game isn't very addicting. It's way to short. The blood and violence is high and I like that. But it's definitely a gta wannabe.

#30 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#71 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

Manic, frenzied and violent gaming at it’s gripping best.
  2. PSM Magazine
    When you strip away the high-tech hijinx, what's left will leave most players saying, "That's it?" all too quickly. [May 2002, p.30]
  3. The sheer amount of people and the speed of the action really pumps home a great sensation of hysteria.