Tak and the Power of Juju PlayStation 2

• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 15, 2003
8.7

1. Feb 21, 2016
    Tak and the power of juju is one of those games that I ever laughed at when I was a kid. It has some funniest moments, funniest diologue and the one of my favourite characters is Jibolba. He's the one who tells a story about the pupanunu people got turned into sheep and he's funny. All the characters are funny too, like Tak, Lok, the juju's and all kinds of them. The only funny characterTak and the power of juju is one of those games that I ever laughed at when I was a kid. It has some funniest moments, funniest diologue and the one of my favourite characters is Jibolba. He's the one who tells a story about the pupanunu people got turned into sheep and he's funny. All the characters are funny too, like Tak, Lok, the juju's and all kinds of them. The only funny character in the franchise is Lok because don't get me wrong, he's the only guy who makes me laugh.
    Like the resurrection revenge scene for example where he says
    ''All of my training has prepared me for this moment. I am ready, Jibolba, for I am the mighty warrior called for by the poo poo! Awww poo poo poo... OHW OHW!
    And then he farts which really made me laugh.
    Anyways, the tutorial is challenging, getting the plants for Jibolba which that the plants sure looks like the ones from Little Shop of Horrors, the yorbels are hard to find and the moonstones are hard to find too because I have to complete the level which is by defeating Pins and Needles. And the boss is just sooo dawn hard and easy all at the same time. I really enjoyed this game when I was a kid and further than that, the sequels are.
  2. Jan 17, 2016
    When I first bought Tak and the Power of Juju for my PS2 as a kid, I LAUGHED MY BUTT OFF! The game was just so quirky, hilarious, and overall fun. I have to admit I miss a lot 3d platformer series but this is 1 of those forgotten gems that holds a special place in my childhood.
  3. BMW
    Jan 5, 2004
    Great game. Very cool for the kids @ heart.
  4. BMW
    Jan 5, 2004
    Great game. Very cool for the kids @ heart.
  5. AaronC.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Spit milk out your nose funny i'll tell ya that much!!!
  6. BrianL.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I like it but i have the spirt rattle i beat pins and needles.
  7. CalvinK.
    Nov 4, 2003
    It is a great game similar to banjo kazooie.
  8. StephenJ.
    Oct 26, 2003
    This game kicks ass.
  9. JoeyB.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Kickass.
  10. J.C.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Not bad at all! I'm hoping for even better next time.
  11. BruceL.
    Oct 24, 2003
    Truly a unique play that my kids are crazy about.
  12. HeatherH.
    Oct 20, 2003
    I thought this game was great! The humor and great environments keeps this game exciting as far as platform games are concerned. The gameplay is good and the interactions with the animals are a good change.
  13. Jwood
    Oct 20, 2003
    Great game!
  14. AshleyL.
    Oct 19, 2003
    Tak contains a lot of humor that set it apart from other adventure games such as the Zelda games. It combines the fun and excitement of an adventure game with a whole lot of humor. I love this game!

#70 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#40 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Game Informer
    Tak becomes more pedestrian and predictable as each area unfolds. [Nov. 2003, p.150]
  2. Play Magazine
    Tak is one of the most detailed platformers I've ever seen, and possesses a measure of style that sets the universe apart, akin to what Michel Ancel accomplished with "Rayman." [Nov 2003, p.82]
  3. GameNow