Tales of Legendia PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Feb 7, 2006
7.9

1. ChrisC.
    Feb 19, 2006
    Not a bad game, but the weakest in the Tales series, including the ones that didn't get localized to the US. Decent. But, if America gets this, and not the far superior Tales of the Abyss, it's a travesty.
  2. ScottV.
    Feb 15, 2006
    As I play this I find myself wishing I was younger and hadn't been through this story so many times before, because the overall production values are just so high. The graphics are beautiful, the voice acting is some of the best ever for an RPG, and the real-time combat system is unique (if a little bland). It is clear that they paid attention to all the little details down to the As I play this I find myself wishing I was younger and hadn't been through this story so many times before, because the overall production values are just so high. The graphics are beautiful, the voice acting is some of the best ever for an RPG, and the real-time combat system is unique (if a little bland). It is clear that they paid attention to all the little details down to the choice of fonts and icons and nuances of expression while characters are talking. I think younger players will find this to be a real treat, but more experienced RPGers will unfortunately have a hard time avoiding the "been there done that" feeling. Expand
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    Tales of Legendia in the bluntest terms possible is basically a downgrade from Tales Of Symphonia. It mains flaws besides how easy it is to get lost in the world map (which may just be my fault) are in the battles and the random encounter's can get a more than a little annoying. The story while well told isn't as endearing as it could be and the characters seem a little mismatched. HoweverTales of Legendia in the bluntest terms possible is basically a downgrade from Tales Of Symphonia. It mains flaws besides how easy it is to get lost in the world map (which may just be my fault) are in the battles and the random encounter's can get a more than a little annoying. The story while well told isn't as endearing as it could be and the characters seem a little mismatched. However a point is it's favor is the music, and in certain places because of the music the game really shines or rather certain moments within it. Now while comparing this game to Tales Of Symphonia may be a little unfair but after that game came out it's easy to see this game could have been so much more than it was. By time I got through half of the game I just didn't care and stopped playing. And in my opinion that is a shame as the Tales Of Games contain some of the best stories and game music I've ever seen. Expand

#44 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#26 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. Play Magazine
    With so many RPG’s vying for those last few PS2 dollars, Namco sought to make theirs stick out like a troll at an elves’ convention and so they’ve reached deep into their bag of tricks to present something truly original, while sticking to the genre’s time-honored covenants and their decidedly storybook-meets-manga design etiquette. [Jan 2006]
  2. Variety is less evident in Tales of Legendia, a role-playing game from Namco that forces you to do mildly entertaining things over and over until all the entertainment has been squeezed out.
    The PlayStation 2 certainly isn't left wanting for quality role-playing games, so though Tales of Legendia is competent and enjoyable, in the end it simply isn't memorable enough to carve more than a niche.