Tales of the Abyss PlayStation 2

8.5

1. ChrisC.
    Nov 24, 2006
    Fun battle system, but also very repetetive, and hamped by AI that can't keep itself alive on any difficulty setting higher than normal. The plot is extremely weak, and the characters are extremely one dimensional. They basically botched everything Tales has ever done well, but not badly enough not to be generally fun.
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    What make Tales Of The Abyss a great game comes with the fact that everything it does it does well. The combat is fun as always and the free run system is an nice addition. The music and character growth is done superbly. And while I'm a fan of open world roaming I tend to get lost a lot when on a boat. The game has a lot of great moments if you can forgive the repetitiveness of go here,What make Tales Of The Abyss a great game comes with the fact that everything it does it does well. The combat is fun as always and the free run system is an nice addition. The music and character growth is done superbly. And while I'm a fan of open world roaming I tend to get lost a lot when on a boat. The game has a lot of great moments if you can forgive the repetitiveness of go here, unleash magic seal thing, repeat. Tales Of Symphonia did the same thing while I don't mind it too much it can be annoying. Another small thing that irks me is some of the more interesting places you visit in the games you only visit once. But those are small problems, although the ending may leave something to be desired. Collapse

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#21 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. Tales of the Abyss is nothing new. And some gamers will complain about that. But there's a lot to be said for taking something existing and doing it right.
    While Abyss may not be an all-time classic, its charming characters and exciting battles more than make up for its little problems here and there.
  3. The characters are great, but the numerous cliches throughout the story may leave some feeling tired, and it's curious the way the game almost seems to punish those who want to watch the optional skits.