8.7

1. Jul 7, 2014
    So, what does this game have going for it? Well, quite a few things.

So, what does this game have going for it? Well, quite a few things.

First of all, it has a simple, but very fun concept. Explore the ten worlds and destroy all the wanted posters, that come in an array of forms from regular signs to Cuckoo Clocks, Trains, Radio Antennae, Pirate Ships and Giant Lightbulbs! Each of the 70 posters is it's own puzzle (apart from the first one, which is a simple walk in and destroy one, to get new players into the game)

Secondly, we have the very expansive levels. Ski Resorts, Construction Sites, Museums, Mines, Haunted Houses and even Tasmania itself! Each of the levels has seven posters, themed around the environment.

One of my favourite things about this game though, is the soundtrack. It is AMAZING, with my favourite being "Dodge City," the third boss of the game, against Yosemite Sam. However, there are loads of other good songs (Each world has their own, I'd recommend the songs for Taz: Haunted, Bank of Samerica and the Samsonian Museum)

Admittedly, the thing that really does it for me is the nostalgia I get from playing this game, and although it's easy to let this swing a review (and some may argue it has,) it's no lie that the concept is great, the soundtrack is fun and memorable, and the Looney Tunes characters featured are all very amusing. Taz, Yosemite Sam and Tweety take the main stage, but cameos from Daffy Duck, Wile E. Coyote and more all increase the humour rating of this game.

Admittedly, the jumping and platforming in this game can lead to some moments where you feel that you've been cheated, and some of the parts of the game are quite monotonous (The Minecart section of Cartoon-Strip mines comes to the mind of any fan.) As well as this, the replayability isn't all that good unless you enjoyed the game as much as I did. Those who found it average probably won't rush to replay the main story.

Despite this though, I still feel that Taz Wanted is an amazing game, with the amazing soundtrack in particular doing it a great justice. This game will always have a special place in my heart.

And Dodge City has my favourite song in any video game ever. EVER.
  2. JohnS.
    Nov 21, 2002
    Brilliant animation!!!!!

1. The game's frustrating reliance on awkward platform jumping and its poor camera keep it from being recommendable to anyone at all.
  2. This is easily the best WB-based game to come down the pike yet. [Sept 2002, p.69]
  3. Control is also a bit gimpy, particularly with some of the special movies, which only adds to the frustration. [Sept 2002, p.119]